View Full Version : Apple continues to be dumb.

Thunder
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/apple-sues-motorola-a-look-at-the-complaints/41127?tag=nl.e550

Anyone care to explain this? Surely Apple can not win. They are crying about Motorola having touchscreen phones. Uhhhh... Someone please tell Apple to shush it! We don't see Crest suing Colgate or the other way around for having similar toothpaste. What to stop Apple from suing all other companies and networks for having touchscreen phones.

Bottom line and its a fact, Apple is lame.

And another article at http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/apple-seeks-monopoly-through-court-action-against-motorola/7670?tag=nl.e550

Of Sound Mind
11-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Why have a patent on something if you're not going to defend it?

And why does it bother you?

Apple is lame? Then I want to be lame and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thunder
11-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Not quite sure I am understanding you, OSM. What I see Apple is trying to do is prevent all manufactures from producing touchscreen phones. If I am correct, Apple was the 1st to create a touchscreen phone with iPhones? Still, it is utterly stupid to patent the very concept of touchscreen. What Apple is doing right now is to test the legal system right now and if they win, then there is no stopping them from attacking everyone else. Do you really want a world where only the touchscreen phones is available from Apple? No. This takes away the competition for greater innovations. Apple is being conquered by greed, money, and power. This is obvious.

So, yes, Apple is lame. OSM, I assume you are a hardcore iPhone user. Understandable. Just know that there are far more greater phones out there on the market. Just break away from the Apple's influences and you shall see the light.

Martin
11-02-2010, 07:22 AM
apple is suing to protect its multi-touch patents not just any touch screen device. -M

Eep
11-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Still, it is utterly stupid to patent the very concept of touchscreen. What Apple is doing right now is to test the legal system right now and if they win, then there is no stopping them from attacking everyone else.
IMO, you're having a hard time seeing the forest for the trees. You may have a personal grudge against Apple, but they're perfectly within their rights here. In a system where such things are allowed (which they currently are), it would be irresponsible of them not to enhance and enforce their patent portfolio.

I don't much care for software patents either, but you can blame that situation on the USPTO & our courts, not Apple.

Lord Helmet
11-02-2010, 01:41 PM
apple is suing to protect its multi-touch patents not just any touch screen device. -M

This. They are protecting a patent that they own. They'd be stupid not too...

As for Apple being lame...lol. Right. So lame that they design (arguably) the best consumer electronics in the world.

As for there being better phones than the iPhone...that's entirely subjective.

Lastly..."Apple continues to be dumb"...do you ever feel a sense of irony when posting titles like that?

Of Sound Mind
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Seems like everyone else stole my thunder, so to speak, replying to Thunder before I could... and I have very little to add. In fact, Lord Helmut summed it up best for me.