View Full Version : Which Local TV Commercials Do You Find Most Annoying?

jmarkross
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
To start with...ANY auto commercial with a booming and ECHOING huckster......keeping in mind that David Stanley Leads the Way!

Easy180
11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
1800 2 sell homes or whatever the crap their name is

Have to admit the new commercials for the do it right the first time guys are funny and horrible at the same time

jmarkross
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Perfect choice--this broad sets the standard for revulsion...peace sign notwithstanding...

jmarkross
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Good commercials are at least humorous to the general populace--example...GEICO...(national ads)

Matt
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
The long-running Worst local commercial? (http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=13772) thread may be of interest. . .

jmarkross
11-01-2010, 08:04 PM
The long-running Worst local commercial? (http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=13772) thread may be of interest. . .

Easy one for me...Hair Club For Men and the diminutive imp...Dr. Bosely...--might be national--but--always around

OKCisOK4me
11-02-2010, 12:41 PM

Perfect choice--this broad sets the standard for revulsion...peace sign notwithstanding...

I don't understand how they're still in business. There was a fraud investigation on them a few years ago and I'm pretty sure it was either Brad Edwards or Scott Hines that did an "In Your Corner" feature on them. That broad was shady.

ljbab728
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't understand how they're still in business. There was a fraud investigation on them a few years ago and I'm pretty sure it was either Brad Edwards or Scott Hines that did an "In Your Corner" feature on them. That broad was shady.

But don't forget, she likes dogs and cats. LOL

jmarkross
11-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I DO wish the having-a-baby-on-the-lap ads would disappear...

metro
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Speaking of home commercials, how about Richardson Homes, "Let Owe Famwee Bewld Yo Family's Home"

MustangGT
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
That broad was shady.

Shady is putting it mildly.

jmarkross
11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Speaking of home commercials, how about Richardson Homes, "Let Owe Famwee Bewld Yo Family's Home"

I have to stand up for that little kid--she is deaf and I think her father is a good guy for keepinfg her from being a wallflower...not sure what his homes are like...but, many make that mistake about this child...quite normal to assume she has another impediment. And NO I don't think anyone is evil for thinking that--it is just a common mistake.

old okie
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
The Saints ER commercial! Talk about making us sick!! Would make me think that their ER is the one being shown!

stick47
11-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm aghast at the commercial broad and the teen and husband and broad fixing their PC through a pay to use online tuneup site then roaring away in a cloud of BMW tirersmoke.
First of all, "driving the convertible isn't orgasmic like they play it up to be and "girls night out" should not be also (we hope). Secondly, you can go to Trend Micro House Doctor to remove the same virus & malware bugs for free.

Next annoyance is any commercial that believes their target audience consists of Pavlogs dogs. (notice the little bell at the end of the ad that's supposed to subconciously make you rememeber the ad & buy the item being hawked?)

Lastly, all those commercials that show a parade of smiling, nodding people. AARPs supplemental health insurance ad started that trend. Ad-men know that if you have enough people telling you it's good you're going to believe it's good and if you don't, then you're a [shudder] "outsider".
My most recent favorite is this one, from Germany I think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxtMtuZlCT4

flintysooner
11-05-2010, 06:56 AM
The Saints ER commercial! Talk about making us sick!! Would make me think that their ER is the one being shown!Should be renamed St Lucifer.

metro
11-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I have to stand up for that little kid--she is deaf and I think her father is a good guy for keepinfg her from being a wallflower...not sure what his homes are like...but, many make that mistake about this child...quite normal to assume she has another impediment. And NO I don't think anyone is evil for thinking that--it is just a common mistake.

Ouch, I was afraid someone would reply with some sort of answer like that. I didn't know she was deaf. He can still keep her from being a wallflower, without exploiting her on his commercials for his own monetary gain. I'm also sure she's probably been made fun of on many occasion because of her being in the commercial.

jmarkross
11-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Ouch, I was afraid someone would reply with some sort of answer like that. I didn't know she was deaf. He can still keep her from being a wallflower, without exploiting her on his commercials for his own monetary gain. I'm also sure she's probably been made fun of on many occasion because of her being in the commercial.

Don't feel too bad--I thought the same thing myself when she was first introduced years ago a younger child. Took me a long time to figure it out...then began to see what he MIGHT be trying to do. I still find it distasteful when people drag their kids out to do commercials...but...I am of the ilk that thinks children should be at home playing not selling plumbing or anything like that. Exploitation of children for any reason is not good.

kevinpate
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
FWIW, I think the father also has a hearing issue.
I can't think of reason one either should avoid the public eye.
Now the animated version from a while back, yeah, it was bad, but only because it was way cheesey animation, at least to me.

jmarkross
11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
FWIW, I think the father also has a hearing issue.
I can't think of reason one either should avoid the public eye.
Now the animated version from a while back, yeah, it was bad, but only because it was way cheesey animation, at least to me.

My kinder side thought--that animated ad must have been done by some relative looking for work with a computer...

Bunty
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
The Mathis Bros. commercials. Thank goodness Linda Soundtrack didn't catch on again.

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I still long for the two guys who "plowed from 9 to 9 on weekdays--and 1 to 6 on Sunday"...with one of them riding a plow out on the prairie...with an old nag pulling it...who was that?

jmarkross
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
One can never forget the brilliance of the wise advice from "Credit Jewelry" where impoverished folks with no credit are advised in invest in...over-priced diamonds with carbon chunks in them you can see from across a room...their way of appealing to the most vulnerable among us is almost criminal...

metro
11-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Credit Jewelry still advertises and why do they have to purchase 60 second spots, no one does that anymore. They are the only advertiser that makes 60 seconds seem like 5 minutes.

kevinpate
11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Credit Jewelry still advertises and why do they have to purchase 60 second spots, no one does that anymore. They are the only advertiser that makes 60 seconds seem like 5 minutes.

Dinna know they were still around. Ah, the joys of DVR

jmarkross
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
They do have...a...fascinating...clientele, though!