View Full Version : What ever happened to all the efforts to lure Action Figure Museum to Bricktown?

metro
10-28-2010, 08:24 AM
So did this story just die? I haven't seen Steve to an update to his original story. Did this effort die when Jim Cowan left Bricktown?

Matt
10-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Staying in Pauls Valley.

Steve
10-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Story was in the newspaper on Sept. 9.
Bricktown wasn't aggressive enough in trying to get the museum and Pauls Valley was very aggressive in trying to keep it.
Next big loss: the Mickey Mantle Museum

okclee
10-28-2010, 09:07 AM
That is really to bad for Bricktown, a missed opportunity.

Is it me, or is Bricktown starting down a slippery slope?

metro
10-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Guess I missed it and didn't see anyone post it here. Thanks for the updates. Is Mickey Mantle Museum really a loss if we never even had it? Sure we could have landed both of them, but it's hard to get a bunch of private owners to offer incentives. So what kind of incentives did Pauls Valley offer to keep it?

Architect2010
10-28-2010, 09:19 AM

I think this is a tad premature. :P

adaniel
10-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I think this is a tad premature. :P

True, the obituary for Bricktown has been started before. The foot traffic, however has always been healthy eveytime I go down there. With that in mind, development has definitely plateaued. The momentum IMO has shifted to Midtown, Automobile Alley, and the Plaza District.

I don't understand how the state's biggest entertainment district got outflanked by tiny Pauls Valley.

betts
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM

It's you! I see people in Bricktown just about anytime of day I'm there. Buildings are being renovated, and new restaurants are opening. It's a completely different type of area than Midtown, Plaza Court and AA, because it caters to people attending sporting events, visitors and people there for evening recreation, in addition to dining. But, since I go past or to all but Plaza Court regularly, I can guarantee you that the foot traffic in Bricktown dramatically outweighs anything at the other locations. As we get new hotels and more people living downtown, it will fill in.

CaseyCornett
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Can we PLEASE get some housing in Bricktown?

I want someone to tell me how a four-story, 40-unit ($125,000/700sf per unit) condo complex would not sellout. Even at $178 per sf that would sell.

CaseyCornett
10-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Sorry, not the thread topic at all. I was just reading about Bricktown and wondering why nobody lives there. Mods, you can delete it. :)

okclee
10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm glad it is just me then.

But losing out to Pauls Valley for the Action Figure Museum seems a little odd. I would think that Bricktown could easily offer up more incentives to entice such a museum.

onthestrip
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Speaking of museum type stuff. The International Photagraphy Hall of Fame that was supposedly leaving OKC for St Louis(was discussed on here a while back) is no longer leaving apparently. Per their facebook:

International Photography Hall of Fame The rumor of our demise is greatly exaggerated! I am the new Executive Director of IPHF and we are not moving from OKC. We are actually preparing to kick off a new capital campiagn to obtain property in OKC! Stay tuned for more exciting details.

Monday at 12:44pm

Architect2010
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
They didn't really lose out to them, Pauls Valley is where the museum has been located for awhile. It's really not a big deal at all and it's not surprising either.