View Full Version : What's the last thing you think of while being put to death...

FRISKY
10-27-2010, 08:57 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/27/arizona.execution/index.html?hpt=T2

PennyQuilts
10-27-2010, 09:27 AM
OMG! Almost funny, in a twisted sort of way. The guy sounds like he had a sense of humor.

That was such a morbid title, Frisky. I almost skipped it until I saw you posted it so I figured it was worth looking at.

jmarkross
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I guess he was a....Sooner Born and a Sooner Bred and when he died he was a Sooner Dead...

FRISKY
10-28-2010, 06:45 AM
(CNN) -- The state of Arizona executed convicted killer Jeffrey Landrigan late Tuesday after the U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for the lethal injection, a corrections official said.

The execution was carried out at 10:26 p.m. (12:26 a.m. ET), said Barrett Marson, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Corrections.

"I'd like to say 'thank you' to my family for being here and all of my friends," were Landrigan's final words, according to Marson. He concluded with "Boomer Sooner," a cheer often used by University of Oklahoma fans.

Landrigan's last meal consisted of steak, fried okra, french fries, strawberry ice cream and a Dr. Pepper, Marson said.

The way for the execution was cleared after a majority of Supreme Court justices moved to vacate a federal judge's order that had temporarily stopped the execution scheduled for earlier in the day.

jmarkross
10-28-2010, 07:49 AM
He would have failed the Acid-Test of a Sooner Fan...could he repeat the OU Chant???

silvergrove
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Boomer Sooner were also the last words of Joel Henry Hinrichs III.

Thunder
10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Just what OU needs, more publicity.

jmarkross
10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
When you have been in the BCS top 5 more times than any other school...and Number 1 more times than any other--you will, necessarily, have an army of detractors...

TaoMaas
10-30-2010, 08:39 AM
When I heard that someone's last words were, "Boomer Sooner", my first thought was, "OMG! They've killed Billy Sims!"

Edmond_Outsider
10-31-2010, 06:29 PM
I think this should become a new euphemism for execution. "He's going to get the 'ol Boomer Sooner for what he's done.."

What has gotten mostly overlooked in this amusing story with we had to import the sodium tripentothol--or whatever the first in the three drug cocktail is--from Great Brittan.

I don't know if there are European suppliers for this drug, but it isn't being made by the former supplier for US executions. I'm not sure what would have to happen legally to replace it, but I wonder who long it will take? There are any other number of fast acting sedatives so it should be easy to come up with a replacement. But getting a replacement the court deems "not cruel and inhuman" is another issue.

I wonder what the process will be and how it will proceed.

Kerry
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Boomer Sooner were also the last words of Joel Henry Hinrichs III.

Almost. His actual final words were Sooner Boomer. His last thought was, "I might have made a mistake".

Spartan
05-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Almost. His actual final words were Sooner Boomer.

Makes since, being the Sooner bomber and all...

earlywinegareth
05-25-2011, 02:27 PM
I prophecy my last words will be, "get outta my lane a-hole!" I say it often.

kevinpate
05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I prophecy my last words will be, "get outta my lane a-hole!" I say it often.

There's an old line about the most common last words in rural Oklahoma are probably "hey y'all, watch this!"