View Full Version : ULI Real Estate Roulette: "Innovative Infill"

George
10-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Last year's Real Estate Roulette event was well-received and also generated some great discussion on OKC Talk. I thought it would be appropriate to post the details for this year's event, organized by the Urban Land Institute (ULI). The topic will be "Innovative Infill" and here is ULI's description:

The future success of downtown Oklahoma City is strongly linked to the success of our future infill development. Residential infill shapes urban density and vibrancy. Infill is also a key component of the city's ambitious Core to Shore plan. However, in OKC residential infill that succeeds both creatively and financially can be hard to get right. Now three innovative developers join us to discuss the shape of things to come. This will be a candid "back room" event -- not the usual Yada Yada.

Panelists:

Marva Ellard, Owner - Sieber Holdings, LLC: famous for her work on the iconic Sieber, Marva is also one of OKC's thought-leaders in developing projects aimed at urban revitalization

Richard McKown, Lead Partner for City Center Properties, LLC: a successful suburban developer, Richard is now focusing on a bold new downtown housing concept

David Wanzer, Partner - 308 Design Collaborative: along with helping to conceive of and create the Film Row District, David is also introducing contemporary ideas and new housing types elsewhere in OKC

Host: ULI Oklahoma 405-607-6801

When: Wednesday, November 3rd, from 05:30 PM to 7:00 PM

Where: Midtown Deli, 1215 North Walker, Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Cost: $20 includes beverages & appetizers. Please pay at the door.

(Mods: I hope you agree that this is an appropriate post. However, if you don't, please accept my apologies and feel free to delete. Thanks, George)

George
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder that this event will be Wednesday evening. It is going to be well-attended, based on the responses ULI has received so far. If you didn't receive an invitation from ULI, you can still drop by on Wednesday -- there should be some space available.

HOT ROD
11-03-2010, 02:03 AM
George, this sounds great and I am so happy OKC is really trying to move forward with downtown in EVERY aspect. I can't say enough 'here here's to your comments and am happy to see the leaders and planners of OKC have similar minds.

I must confess that I have some fear of one of the developers, the one who had success building suburban developments. I can't be there (because I am half way around the world right now) but I ASK that attention be paid to ensure OKC downtown development is NOT suburban/Sycamore Square ish, but instead will have verticle and urban design, preferably with retail on the street.

Im sure you and the others agree with my thoughts but I just want to be sure since there is a Suburban development expert as a keynote speaker.

George
11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
HOT ROD, thanks for the input. You've highlighted an important issue. I'll add it to the list of questions.

betts
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Looks like I will not be able to make it. I hope someone who goes will summarize the talks for us here.