View Full Version : Jack Russell Terrier

OKCStuff
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know of a good Jack Russell Terrier breeder in OKC?

stick47
10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Can't help you there but this is pretty good;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Fyey4D5hg&feature=player_embedded

PennyQuilts
10-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I can't imagine breeding Jack Russell Terriers. They are cute but OMG - the energy!! Good luck in finding a good breeder.

bradzilla
10-31-2010, 02:29 PM
if you havent already bought a jack russell i suggest that you borrow one from a friend for a few days before you take the leap. unlike most of the other popular small dogs jack russell have enormous amounts of energy that easily overwhelms most owners. we have owned large dogs our whole life that are high energy breeds but watching a family members jack russell for two days while they were out of town made me realize why so many owners end up giving them to animal rescue or the pound.

i wont dwell on our experience but the dog went up a 5 foot wall and escaped our backyard into the woods and there is literally no way to catch them besides trying to lure them back. they are extremely fast high energy escape artist and require constant attention or they become destructive fast...

SoonerQueen
01-17-2011, 01:48 AM
We have a 1/2 Jack Russell 1/2 beagle. She is the most delightful dog in the world. She is the best cuddle dog, sleeps with us every night, and she doesn't have all that energy i hear that Jack Russell's have. She is mostly all black with the beagle looking ears, and has turned out to be the most wonderful pet. We fell in love with her the minute we saw her.