View Full Version : Philips 50" HDTV DLP + Pixel Plus

Thunder
10-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I have been trying to sell this on Craigslist and some other places for several weeks. No luck. This needs to be sold and picked up asap since I do not want my brother to be using it anymore. He does not deserve it. This set is currently in his room since I filled mine with more aquariums.

The original retail price paid was $1,200. The asking prices were $800, $700, $600, and now $550. I can deliver locally in the metro. Final price is $550, which is way below current value.

I have a very nice big screen TV as stated in the title above. The production date stamped May 2007, so this machine is about 3 years old. I've tried to look up for the specs and here it is. The model # is 50PL9126D/37 and I think it is also 50PL9126D/37B with the firmware/software upgrade. The upgrade is still available online. I don't know how to upgrade the TV, but I don't know what the upgrade is for. Maybe new features.

This TV comes with a stand with glass shelf. I did not use this TV very much, such as occasional movies and emergency weather coverages. The reason for selling is because, I moved back in with my mother and I elected to have more aquariums in my room. The TV is in another room and ready for pick up. I have spent about $1,200 and considering the fairly new conditions and not used much, I will not go any more lower than current price of $550. That is a huge difference from the initial $800.

Cash only.

The specs...

Be an eyewitness
•High definition Projection TV with DLP™ technology
•Pixel Plus for detail, depth and clarity
•Enjoy HDTV that's truer than anything you've seen before
•3D combfilter separates colors for a razor-sharp image

Unrivalled audio performance
•Dolby Digital for movies or concerts in full surround sound

One touch convenience
•Auto Picture to personalize your viewing
•Auto Sound uses pre-defined sound settings for better sound
•A choice of widescreen modes to adjust the picture shape

Leading interface for digital quality audio/video
•HDMI input for full digital HD connection in one cable
•Component Video Input for top quality playback

Picture/Display
•Aspect ratio: 16:9
•Display technology: Digital Light Processing, DLP HD5
•Panel resolution: 1280x720 (720p)
•Picture enhancement: 3D Combfilter, Active Control, AutoPicture (5 modes), Black stretch, Color, Color Transient Improvement, Contrast Plus, Digital Noise Reduction, Luminance Transient Improver, Pixel Plus, Sharpness Adjustment, Tint
•Picture processing: Progressive Scan
•Visible screen diagonal (inch): 50 inch

Supported Display Resolution
•Video formats
Resolution - 720p
Refresh rate - 60Hz

Sound
•Output power (RMS): 2 x 10W
•Sound Enhancement: Auto Volume Leveller, AutoSound (4 modes), Balance, Treble and Bass Control
•Sound System: Stereo, Virtual Dolby Surround

Tuner/Reception/Transmission
•Aerial Input: 75 ohm F-type
•Cable: Unscrambled Digital Cable -QAM
•TV system: ATSC, NTSC
•Video Playback: NTSC

Connectivity
•Audio Output - Digital: AC3 over S/PDIF (Optical)
•AV 1: Component Video in, CVBS in, HDMI
•AV 2: Component Video in, CVBS in
•AV 3: CVBS in, S-Video Y/C
•Front / Side connections: CVBS in, Headphone out, S-video in

Convenience
•Clock: Sleep Timer
•Ease of Installation: Autostore
•Ease of Use: Channel list
•On-Screen Display languages: English, French, Spanish
•Remote Control: TV
•Remote control type: RCLU024
•Screen Format Adjustments: 4:3, 4:3 expand, Auto Format, Subtitle Zoom, Super Zoom, Widescreen, Zoom 14:9, Zoom 16:9
•Teletext: Closed Captioning Full Text

Dimensions
•Box dimensions in inch (W x H x D): 51.57 x 37.05 x 21.26 inch
•Weight incl. Packaging (lb): 133
•Set dimensions in inch (W x H x D): 45.79 x 31.46 x 15.94 inch
•Product weight (lb): 70.55

Power
•Complies with: Energy Star
•Mains power: AC 108 - 132 V, 60 Hz
•Standby power consumption: < 1 W

Pixel Plus
Pixel Plus is a digital picture processing technology that increases the number of lines and the number of pixels. The result is razor sharp pictures with incredible detail and depth, every time from any source.

HDTV
HDTV delivers exceptional picture quality and real movie-viewing experience that makes television more dynamic, truer than anything you've seen before. It is the latest and best television signal available. It features picture quality more than twice that of traditional analog broadcasts. In order to effectively maximize the HDTV signal, a television must incorporate advanced signal input connectivity and circuitry design.

3D Combfilter
The 3D comb filter separates brightness and color signals better in 3D domain to eliminate cross-color, cross-luminance and dot-crawl distortion - all of which detract from your viewing pleasure. The 3D digital comb filter performs field-by-field comparisons of the television image to accurately separate the color from the black-and-white information and remove both horizontally and vertically hanging dots, as well as dot crawl. The result is a razor sharp image.

Dolby Digital Surround
Because Dolby Digital and DTS, the world's leading digital multi-channel audio standards, make use of the way the human ear naturally processes sound, you experience superb quality surround sound audio with realistic spatial cues.

Widescreen movie modes
Enhance your viewing experience with Widescreen movie modes, which lets you choose the screen format from various options. View your movie the way it is meant to be.

HDMI input
HDMI makes an uncompressed digital RGB connection from the source to the screen. By eliminating conversion to an analog signal, it delivers an unblemished image. The non-degraded signal reduces flicker and leads to a clearer picture. HDMI intelligently communicates the highest output resolution with the source device. The HDMI input is fully backward compatible with DVI sources but includes digital audio. HDMI uses HDCP copy protection.

I have uploaded the picture found online and 3 of my own pictures. I understand that wide screen with black bars on top and bottom will confuse people. It depends on how you set the TV and/or the DVR cable box. It also depend on the camera a show/movie is filmed in. You can edit to show default resolution or to fit the screen. Most people already know how to work with wide screen.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4702/50pl9126d37imsglobal.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9629/1001902s.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1483/1001903n.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3812/1001904s.jpg

Matt
10-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Question: Will you consider throwing in the monkey Beanie Baby?

BBatesokc
10-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Problem is, people can get a brand new hang on the wall 46" for as low as $700 with a warranty, better specs and more options.

We just bought a 50" as a return at Sam's that was $1,386 and they marked it down to $570 with original warranty and I went back and got an extended warranty for cheap.

Not knocking yours. I ran into the same problem with our Samsung 46" DLP. Great TV, but it went out after 3 years and the repair bill is $270 and something else could go out tomorrow and there is no warranty.

Went and got a new TV but decided to go ahead and get the old one fixed in hopes of selling it for the $270 repair bill and avoiding having it go to a land fill.

Good luck but used TV's and used furniture just don't seem to be worth anything when you go to get rid of them.

Thunder
10-24-2010, 02:12 PM
No, Matt. That's very sad, Brian, but I won't give up trying.

dmoor82
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Big and bulky and only 720p!My Father has this exact same TV,it's OK!

okclee
10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Let your brother keep it, he deserves it.

Thunder
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Let your brother keep it, he deserves it.

Actually, he does not. He has not been paying me for his portion of grocery cost weekly. He pawned my mom's rings and she had to get it all out. Her wedding ring was lost. His girlfriend had to pawn-sell a ring and a laptop.

OKCisOK4me
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Thunder, I feel for ya. I've got a Samsung 42 DLP that will eventually become a 70lb. paper weight. Its from 2006 and the picture is still good but I have a black vertical bar on the left side of my screen that is growing at a slow but steady rate. I don't believe a new lamp will do anything for this.

They were the better TV at the time but are no longer manufactured due to the advances in the other kinds (plasma, lcd and now led). Face it, it's yours for life...

Thunder
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll take 400. Is that a good price?

BBatesokc
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I think you could probably get $250-$350.

jmarkross
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Let's all donate something on this TV--with the stipulation that Thunder find a good charitable place like Jesus House or something like that--that needs one...and deliver it there...

BBatesokc
10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
"Jesus House" -- that's a laugh. Let the lady running the place that overpays herself by one for them.

jmarkross
10-25-2010, 04:36 PM
"Jesus House" -- that's a laugh. Let the lady running the place that overpays herself by one for them.

Well--I don't live in OKC--you people up there decide...I am just trying to help out Thunder who wants to unload it...give it to some place everyone can agree on...matters not...try not to nitpick every helpful idea...the idea is to assist a fellow contributor here...

Thunder
10-26-2010, 08:51 PM
All of this has been SOLD! in a trade for a complete 75 gallon setup along with other goodies.

MadMonk
10-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Barter system FTW. :tiphat:

Bunty
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
All of this has been SOLD! in a trade for a complete 75 gallon setup along with other goodies.Good for you. Wow, will that be you biggest aquarium?

Thunder
10-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Nope. My biggest is a 100.