View Full Version : Dog Obedience Training

ndmoore
10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
My wife and I have an 8 year old 15 lb Yorkie (I think he is a Australian Terrier), anyway, he has some territorial issues. He always barks when people come over, and we have tried to babysit for some friends of ours and she can't even hold the baby/toddler without him going crazy. He is just very protective of her. We are afraid when we have kids of our own that this will become a major issue.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Obedience Trainer in the Metro area? We would like the trainer to come to our house since that is where he acts up.

FritterGirl
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Call Britton Feed & Seed on Britton Road. They have a resource directory and may be able to help you. There is a group in OKC the name of which escapes me, but I know BF&S has their number. I want to say it's something like "Good Dog" Obedience, and I know they do in-home training, using positive training methods. Your vet may be a helpful resource, too.

Territory or resource guarding can become very dangerous if not put in check quickly. The fact that this dog is older means he's had some time to develop the habit.

This may be the place I'm thinking about --> http://www.positivelycanine.com/ They are located quite close to Britton Feed & Seed. You might call and inquire about in-home training. I still think there's another one out there that does it. I'll keep checking.