View Full Version : H&M commercials lately in the 405

metro
10-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Has anyone else noticed all the H&M commercials lately? I wonder if they are a national buy or if they are building a store in OKC or Dallas. The nearest one currently is in St. Louis. Would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE to get an H&M nearby.

ssandedoc
10-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Don't you know? They're coming to Crossroads Mall! ;)

BG918
10-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I hear REI commercials too. Hmm...

acumpton
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Never heard of them, but just googled and they have some really cute stuff there. Prices aren't too bad either.

mheaton76
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
From what I understand they only open locations in port cities to keep their costs low - thus we're unlikely to get a store since we're landlocked. (St. Louis got its' store because of it's location on the Mississippi river).

EDIT: looking at their store locator map, I see they have a store in Phoenix and Las Vegas - so I could be mistaken.

metro
10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Don't buy the Port Cities excuse. What are they going to ship their clothes up the ole Mississippi and then truck it over to their store? I highly doubt that. I'd be happy if they'd just come to Dallas, but would be thrilled if we got one first.

BG918
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
From what I understand they only open locations in port cities to keep their costs low - thus we're unlikely to get a store since we're landlocked. (St. Louis got its' store because of it's location on the Mississippi river).

EDIT: looking at their store locator map, I see they have a store in Phoenix and Las Vegas - so I could be mistaken.

Tulsa, being a port city, would probably get it first.

/sarcasm

circuitboard
10-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I would love it if we got H&M before Dallas, my Best Friend in Dallas would be so mad! He does not understand how the DFW area does not have one, it's his favorite store.

Spartan
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM

/sarcasm

That explains it all now..

CaseyCornett
10-19-2010, 09:35 AM
They made an announcement a few months back that they would start having online shipping available in September (They seem to be the last big-brand clothing company to do this). Yet, September has come and gone and their online ordering seems to not have changed, at least not here in the states.
Over the past five years I have always scheduled my clothing shopping around my trips to Europe and to especially hit up H&M. It's my favorite.

little1335
10-19-2010, 09:44 AM
They have H&M in Atlanta too. Again, not a port city...

anthonyokc
10-21-2010, 02:49 PM
When it comes to advertising, in most cases, it is cheaper to advertise on a national scale, rather than placing your ads in regional markets. Although to some it doesnt make sense to advertise in markets that do not have a physical location, it does help to have your name out there for online sales.

BB37
10-21-2010, 08:06 PM

/sarcasm

Not Tulsa -- Catoosa.

Superhyper
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
When it comes to advertising, in most cases, it is cheaper to advertise on a national scale, rather than placing your ads in regional markets. Although to some it doesnt make sense to advertise in markets that do not have a physical location, it does help to have your name out there for online sales.

In this case there are vast swaths of the country they don't have stores in at all, and sadly as a poster above mentioned their online sales site is nonexistent. I would LOVE for H&M to come here, but I admit I'd be very surprised if it actually happened anytime soon.

OKC Heel
10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm a fan of H&M but i would never buy there stuff online. You can pick up 3 pairs of jeans that are supposed to be the exact same size but all 3 will fit completely different.

progressiveboy
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
I would love it if we got H&M before Dallas, my Best Friend in Dallas would be so mad! He does not understand how the DFW area does not have one, it's his favorite store. Well it appears that Dallas will be opening their first store in Northpark Mall.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102710dnbushm.154fc0d.html

okclee
10-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, that explains the commercials.

jbrown84
10-26-2010, 10:47 PM
He does not understand how the DFW area does not have one

Me either. Can't believe it's taken this long.

OKC next!

(I'm spoiled now, as there are like 50 of them in the LA area.)

Superhyper
10-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Well drat, we lose again :(

Chicken In The Rough
10-29-2010, 05:40 AM
H&M to open first D-FW store at NorthPark (http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2010/10/27/hm-is-coming-to-northpark.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bizj_dallas+(Dallas+Business+Jo urnal)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher)

Read more: H&M to open first D-FW store at NorthPark | Dallas Business Journal

Maybe we're on the radar?

metro
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Doubt we are on radar, but either way glad an H&M is finally within a decent drive of us. Glad to hear they are fixing to start online ordering as well. I hate to only shop there only when I happen to be in a city where they have a store.

Also from the article:

H&M already has 2,000 stores in the United States.

Read more: H&M to open first D-FW store at NorthPark | Dallas Business Journal

I find it hard to believe they have 2,000 stores in the U.S. Maybe they mean North America or worldwide? Especially when they barely have any in most major cities and this is the first one in Texas. Texas is the 2nd most populated state.

http://www.hm.com/us/storelocator__storelocatorhtml.nhtml

According to wikipedia:

H&M has around 2,000 stores in 37 countries and employs around 76,000 people.

ChamberCyn
11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
H&M had stated earlier this year/late last that they like to locate in places that have all four seasons - better for sales - and Dallas didn't fit that model. Then they ran some spots in the market and there was overwhelming response in social media from Dallas area residents. Simon, which operates Penn Square, also has Northpark Mall in Dallas. Could be a connection...maybe we need to ramp up the conversation and let them know we want them...

metro
11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree, Cyndi could you maybe head up this effort since you are the retail recruiter for the "Greater" OKC Chamber of Commerce?