View Full Version : event tent at Chesapeake?

metro
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Ok, been meaning to post this for a couple weeks now, but the large event tent is still there on the athletic field, does anyone know what this is for? I was hoping they would have a formal "ground breaking" ceremony for the Whole Foods and any other development they have yet to announce, kind of a coming out with the design ceremony, but have yet to figure it out. Haven't ask my peeps on the inside of CHK yet, but hoping someone would know. To clarify this is NOT the smaller tents facing 63rd for the Wednesday farmers markets.

okc_bel_air
10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
It may be for another large employee event. Kinda like the one for the OCC Chopper.

OKCTalker
10-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Their annual Halloween celebration. It's a huge, company-wide event in which all employees dress up, with departments picking different themes. I wonder if Exploration is dressing up as a BP cleanup crew.

metro
10-18-2010, 02:23 PM
It may be for another large employee event. Kinda like the one for the OCC Chopper.

that's the first thing I thought of when I saw them setting it up, well second thing, for a few days they just had a bunch of steel out there and was hoping it was the steel for the Whole Foods.

John
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
CHK had a United Way benefit for employees/family and brought in Darius Rucker (Yes, Hootie) for a little concert...

OKCTalker
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
that's the first thing I thought of when I saw them setting it up, well second thing, for a few days they just had a bunch of steel out there and was hoping it was the steel for the Whole Foods.

Metro - I'm baffled by the tent. Even though they'll only need it for a day or two, it will be on-site for four weeks. There's something very strange about just that simple element of this event.

okclee
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe it is the Whole Foods an architectural surprise by Rand Elliott.