View Full Version : undercover boss

braums manager
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
watching undercover boss and the ceo of frontier airlines filmed a segment here in the city at will rogers

SkyWestOKC
10-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Saw this....wasn't happy with the portrayal, however. The CU-CSA's are worked pretty hard though. I always feel bad when I see them. Unfortunately, I think OKC is not going to remain a Frontier station for much longer, anyway.

braums manager
10-17-2010, 07:53 PM
what gets me is that the ceo has this big blank house and they cut 10% from their employees paychecks

RadioOKC
10-17-2010, 08:54 PM
what gets me is that the ceo has this big blank house and they cut 10% from their employees paychecks

I hear ya. And you notice how that have to make a big deal about how they stay in cheezy hotels "as there entry level people" would do.

I'm just glad this show will be done soon. My understanding is they did 3 seasons up front and that was going to be it.

Chris
http://www.radiookc.com

venture
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM

Except for the fact that the pay cut was before Bedford's company (Republic Holding) purchased Frontier - when it was in Chapter 11. Bedford has been in the industry for years so the wealth has been built up over time.

http://people.forbes.com/profile/bryan-k-bedford/67987

bluedogok
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
My understanding is they did 3 seasons up front and that was going to be it.
Kind of hard to keep the concept going once the premise is known to the public.

metro
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
At least the lady from OKC was given $20,000 to the charity of her choice and the CEO of Frontier is going to help her walk the homeless shelters of OKC and the money will be spent in our local economy. Thats good news for OKC.

mark
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
did you notice the size of his office? pretty small for what you would expect a ceo to have. also, no family photos on the desk or bookshelf. i noticed the same thing a couple of weeks ago on the show. looks like they put them in a smaller office than they normally occupy.

also wondered if they flew them to the home office on frontier.

bradzilla
10-18-2010, 06:26 PM

exactly. huge multimillion dollar house, stay at home wife with 9 kids, benz suv and no telling how much money in the bank....

then they get all fake emotional when they see how hard their workers have to work and how unreasonable the time limits they put on them are when they cant even perform themselves. then they give them some tax write off gifts and act like they gave them the world. im not a spread the wealth around type person, but dont be a jackas$ and get on tv with your huge house and lavish lifestyle while your workers just took a big pay cut and are worried daily about losing their jobs - its not going to magically make them feel like you actually give a crap about any of them.

PennyQuilts
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Don't you just hate rich people?

Easy180
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Worked as a banker for several years so Yes

venture
10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
exactly. huge multimillion dollar house, stay at home wife with 9 kids, benz suv and no telling how much money in the bank....

then they get all fake emotional when they see how hard their workers have to work and how unreasonable the time limits they put on them are when they cant even perform themselves. then they give them some tax write off gifts and act like they gave them the world. im not a spread the wealth around type person, but dont be a jackas$ and get on tv with your huge house and lavish lifestyle while your workers just took a big pay cut and are worried daily about losing their jobs - its not going to magically make them feel like you actually give a crap about any of them.

The blatant ignorance towards the facts of the situation continues to astound me. Oh how things never change when dealing with nameless lemmings on a forum.

ljbab728
10-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Yes, until I become one anyway. LOL

lovokc
10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
I am shocked at the opinions about the wealthy. Granted you have the wealthy that take advantage of everyone and everything. But I know several wealthy people who are kind and give generously. One I know gives up to 90% of her income and she still has all the bling bling

If it was not for wealthy business owners risking their money, their homes, and savings and career reputations for new business start ups 75% of the US would be unemployed. Every business was at one time a start up and sacrifices were made to get there.

As a small business owner I can honestly say there are a lot of headaches that go with the territory.