View Full Version : Why on Earth would the city council vote down the proposed Lemans race?

OKCRT
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Are they crazy? This could have been one of the biggest events ever held in OKC and they say no? They are worried about filling potholes instead? I can't believe this.

Steve
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
It's been 30 minutes and the thread police have yet to go nuts on this blatant violation of digital nerd law. Shocking.

hipsterdoofus
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I heard its because they had to spend the money fighting zombies at crossroads.

Steve
10-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Gosh darn it! The mayor promised that if the MAPS 3 ballot passed, we would see more money going to online thread police! This is outrageous! The only thing that would calm me at this point is if I could take a train ride from Union Station to Slingers, where I could get a great cup of coffee from Melody. But noooooooooo.... ODOT and the city conspired to tear down Union Station, so that bit of relief isn't coming at all now, is it?

Midtowner
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Use the search function. This has been covered.

Steve
10-12-2010, 07:39 PM
MidTowner, when it comes to the demolition of Union Station, Melody at Coffee Slingers, and the mayor's promised use of the MAPS 3 tax, no sir, I must protest, none of this has been covered enough!
(OK, maybe I'm being a bit mischievous tonight)

Larry OKC
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Are they crazy? This could have been one of the biggest events ever held in OKC and they say no? They are worried about filling potholes instead? I can't believe this.

To sum it up:

1) We don't have the $7M (and never identified by the City Manager where the money would come from)

2) If this is such a sure fired money making event, the promoters should have had no problem getting a bank to loan them the money.

3) Since they came to the City as the "Bank", the City needs to require the same things a bank would (guarantee that the money would be paid back and sufficient collateral to cover if they didn't).