View Full Version : M-D Building Products Expansion- creating jobs?

Goodengroup
10-12-2010, 01:21 PM
M-D Building Products announced Saturday their plans to build an 80,000 square foot warehouse next to their current location in the Santa Fe Industrial Park. In an interview with KFOR, Loren Plotkin, President and CEO of M-D, said this might bring jobs to OKC in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5Unnes3mw

metro
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
That's great. Wish they'd tear down their current building and rebuild this on site, but that wouldn't make much since when it comes to operations.

Easy180
10-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Great news when any non oil or gas company expands in OK

hipsterdoofus
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Great news when any non oil or gas company expands in OK

Seems great news when anyone expands...even oil, gas, or *gasp* call centers... They all pay.

soonerliberal
10-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Seems great news when anyone expands...even oil, gas, or *gasp* call centers... They all pay.

I think what Easy180 was trying to say is that it is good for the city to have a diverse economy. If we are overly reliant on one sector and something happens with that sector, then we obviously have some issues. While growth is growth, diverse growth is even better.

hipsterdoofus
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I think what Easy180 was trying to say is that it is good for the city to have a diverse economy. If we are overly reliant on one sector and something happens with that sector, then we obviously have some issues. While growth is growth, diverse growth is even better.

I agree it is good to have a diverse economy - but there are some on here that act like some jobs are the plague - take what you can get, earn a good reputation - more will come later.

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
10-13-2010, 03:28 PM
where are they located? I want to apply

Easy180
10-13-2010, 06:37 PM

This is what I meant...Guess I could have worded it a little better...Just nice to hear about an expansion that doesn't involve Chesapeake or Devon

barnold
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
MD Products is also currently looking at purchasing a few small Canadian companies that produce similar products to theirs in hopes of garnishing part of the market that has been left out with the less expensive home weatherizing products. They seem to be a solid company that is expanding slowly and making improvements everyday. I think the new warehouse space for them is long overdue and will allow them to produce even more products (ie. more jobs)

okclee
10-13-2010, 08:44 PM
MD is in a great situation and they sell high quality products. People today are more concerned than ever about home energy efficiency and MD has the products that people need.

This is very good news for Okc and obviously MD Products.