View Full Version : Armini's Galleria going out of business?

jpeaceokc
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
On my work today, driving up NW Expressway, Armini's Galleria is all decked out with "Going Out Of Business" signs, a giant one on a truck, a couple of guys with signs on sticks. That was a surprise. They've been there on NW Expressway "forever", or well, at least the 11 years or so I've been driving it to work.

okc_bel_air
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I think they are just closing so they can redesign the store. I have seen other ads stating "Store Closing" in large print and then For Remodel in tiny print. It is just a marketing ploy to get people in the store and buy stuff so they don't have to store it while the remodel.

MikeOKC
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I think they are just closing so they can redesign the store. I have seen other ads stating "Store Closing" in large print and then For Remodel in tiny print. It is just a marketing ploy to get people in the store and buy stuff so they don't have to store it while the remodel.

Giving the appearance of business failure seems like a dumb marketing ploy.

Matt
10-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Agreed. Bruno's Home Furnishings had a similar sale not too long ago, and now they're doing just fine. I wouldn't worry about this too much.

okc_bel_air
10-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Isn't Bruno's closing for good now?

metro
10-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Amini's

BB37
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Isn't Bruno's closing for good now?

Yes, Brunos is closing for good. Bruno was going to retire and let his children take over the business, but with sales down their financing dried up, and they decided to close.

Urbanite
10-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Looks like they are just downsizing, Price Edwards Real Estate has them listed as leasing 9,212 sq ft of the existing store and that Amini's will still be occupying the other 2/3 of the store.

dismayed
10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I received a "store closing" flyer from them the other day. I interpreted it to mean they were going away, but I suppose it is weasel-worded enough to cover either possibility. The flyer said a media announcement would be coming soon.

Joe Kimball
10-10-2010, 12:50 PM
For certain---a close look at the Amini's signs reveals in a small white box, almost indecipherable, the words "for remodeling".

citizenkane
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Giving the appearance of business failure seems like a dumb marketing ploy.

As well as illegal.