View Full Version : cattlemen's drive in

geema
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Does anyone remember where the old Cattlemen's Drive inn was at in south OKC.
It was not connected to the original Cattlemen's restrauant.

stick47
10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure it was between Agnew and Penn on the S side of Exchange. I picked up a burger there now and then when I worked at Stockyards City Otasco

geema
10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks, that is exactly where I remember it being.

Generals64
10-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Pretty sure it was between Agnew and Penn on the S side of Exchange. I picked up a burger there now and then when I worked at Stockyards City Otasco

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stick47 wins the cigar. it was a pretty rough place in it's day. A couple of years ago there was a person on this thread (Redskin/General) that had many stories about the old Cattlemen's Drive-in. I don't remember what location but, it was on the original Southside Thread. There was also a Cattlemen's Cafeteria down by the Knob Hill theater.....There is a grocery store there now...

jmarkross
10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
it was a pretty rough place in it's day

Wasn't everything that way down in Packin' Town back in the day?

Generals64
10-08-2010, 03:11 PM
it was a pretty rough place in it's day

Wasn't everything that way down in Packin' Town back in the day?

Not really:.....as a young kid (9-11 years old) I would work on the yards opening and closing gates and moving cattle.....The old Cowboys treated me pretty good ...the younger ones, who thought they knew every thing, would be jerks until they realized I would open someone else's gate before their's soon became pretty protective of me.....Now, at night I didn't want to be anywhere close to that area of town.....

gen70
10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
There used to be a bar down there called The Chute #9 (or something close to that name) across from the bank, that looked scary from the outside.

Redskins/General
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stick47 wins the cigar. it was a pretty rough place in it's day. A couple of years ago there was a person on this thread (Redskin/General) that had many stories about the old Cattlemen's Drive-in. I don't remember what location but, it was on the original Southside Thread. There was also a Cattlemen's Cafeteria down by the Knob Hill theater.....There is a grocery store there now...

Old Redskins/General hasn't exactly died. He's just keeping an eye on you characters. Watching Gen/70 and Gen/64 REAL close. kind of wonder about these guys!............................................. .....................

papaOU
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM

The mall is now a parking lot. The grocery store is where the carpet place was.

gen70
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Where have you been Redskins/General? Haven't seen anything of you in awhile.

Generals64
10-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks, that is exactly where I remember it being.

Drove by there just a few hours ago. there is a "seedy" looking bar still in the Building location.....it's closer to Pennsylvania than Agnew....

Redskins/General
10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Drove by there just a few hours ago. there is a "seedy" looking bar still in the Building location.....it's closer to Pennsylvania than Agnew....

I thought that was it to but looked on the Internet and it shows the "Paddock Club" as originally being a service station?

Redskins/General
10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Where have you been Redskins/General? Haven't seen anything of you in awhile.

Been kind of working for the state the last few months! LOL I'm finished now.............Thought you would have moved back by now.

Generals64
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Been kind of working for the state the last few months! LOL I'm finished now.............Thought you would have moved back by now.

I always thought you looked good in Orange....