View Full Version : Perri's Pizza

Joe Kimball
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I've heard mention of this place yesterday, but no more than that. Has anyone gone there and can give a little review?

icecold
10-06-2010, 07:07 PM
New to The Village area and have eaten at Perri's pizza a few times. The food is very good and reasonably priced. They could have the best garlic breadstick in town and the owner (Perri) seems to be nice and prideful in her product. If you are around the area you should give it a shot.

Perri's is located in Casady Square on Britton and Penn (across from Arby's)

Easy180
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Shew..Thought you were going to say it closed...my mom would be devastated

I agree it is good and cheap...just like I like my...pizza places

metro
10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't say it's cheap, but it's reasonably priced. 3rd best for NYC style in the metro IMO. I believe there is already a thread on Perri's. Regarding the owner, she needs to wear a bra.

Matt
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I believe there is already a thread on Perri's.

Yep, and here it is:

Can anyone advise me of Perri's Pizza & Cafe in The Village? (http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=17456)

Good call, "metro," good call. That is quite the informative thread on all things Perri's.

Joe Kimball
10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Well, I, as the OP of the linked thread, couldn't even find that thread in a search under "any date", and since I've been there twice or thrice ever since I've started that thread (and got no response) about a year and a half ago, I figure I'm still in good shape to give my thoughts:

(pardon me while I chuckle a second; metro, I'm glad you're here, I learn something from most of your posts, but dang!)

Firstly, it's hard to park there! You have to do a careful slow-down job worthy of businesses along NW 39th in Bethany. But the frustration ends there.

I count Perri's among the "authentic" NY places in town. I quote that as there are a variety of authentic styles. But, she's from there, and so in this case is the taste. It's a thin crust that has a similar chewiness to Papa Angelo's. She asks on her sign, "How large is YOUR large?", where in fact the latter's large ends at 20" to her 18", IIRC (it WAS over a year ago). That's no big deal. In fact, maybe her large IS a 20". It's been a while. I wonder if this is all online, but I'm writing from scratch here.

Anyway, there's a unique taste to the sauce, as one would hope with all of these businesses in town. She has a lovely little dining area with HD TVs, wifi for the lunch and dinner crowd who feel the need to tweet or FB their lunch or dinner choices (raises hand), and huge slices for sale---a sixth of her large pie, IIRC. They're the largest I've seen for sale in the metro.

The owner has a lovely personality, and I've enjoyed her presence as the proprietor. Anything further I haven't noticed.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to run back by!

metro
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
No there is another thread, I did a review on it not too long ago. I find it harder to get in/out of Perri's more than Papa Angelo's. I find Perri's portions smaller than most actually. At Papa Angelo's you can get two slices and a drink cheaper than one slice and a drink at Perri's AND it tastes better IMO. I agree I do appreciate the WiFi at Perri's though. Man, I man have to swing by there today, I work just down the street, so it's convenient for me.

Joe Kimball
10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Well, thank you for contributing to this thread concurrently.

IIRC, the two slices at Papa Angelo's, assuming nothing has changed, is roughly equal in size to Perri's slice, if her slice isn't a tad larger. The price speaks for itself, and the flavor is admittedly a matter of preference.

icecold
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't say it's cheap, but it's reasonably priced. 3rd best for NYC style in the metro IMO. I believe there is already a thread on Perri's. Regarding the owner, she needs to wear a bra.

I had dinner to go from there last night. I got the special which was chicken parm, a garlic breadstick and a drink and it was $5.99. To me, dinner for $7 that is not fast food is cheap. To each their own. I never declared this place and the best place ever with the cheapest prices this side of the dollar store. Just was simply stating that its a good place to try if you havent. (espically if you like supporting locally owned places)

metro
10-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I agree $7 for dinner is cheap, but $7 for a slice, drink and breadstick for lunch is on the high side for a non upscale pizza joint.

kellyc
10-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I used to work with a guy from New Jersey and he said Perri's pizza was the closest thing to New Jersey pizza in Oklahoma City.

jgolfer247
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I have been to perri's and was able to save a few bucks by using my dealio card...helped make it even more affordable. It is great pizza!

icecold
10-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree $7 for dinner is cheap, but $7 for a slice, drink and breadstick for lunch is on the high side for a non upscale pizza joint.

Who says its not an "upscale pizza joint"....To me any place that makes there own sauce and dough is "upscale" enough for me. And again a $7 lunch with drink is not out of the norm at all. It costs that much at sonic, braums, arbys, coits, you name it. As mentioned the piece is big and the breadstick is as good as I have had. IMO you are too picky.

phinzup
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I've had pizza from there one time. Lousy experience.

Called in the order ahead of time. Arrived and told them I was there to pick up my pie. Two teenagers working the kitchen, mumbled around to each other. After sitting there for about 15-20 minutes a lady came by and asked if I was being taken care of. Told her I thought so, as I had called in the order and told the guys I was there to pick it up.

After a few more minutes, one of the guys picks up a completed pizza. added some toppings to it, popped it back into the oven. Brought it out in a few, boxed it up and said "your order is ready."

Needless to say, we won't be back. Oh, and I could get a better pizza out of a grocery store frozen food case.

Dustin
10-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Is this the place where they make the pizza and you take it home and bake it?

redrunner
10-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Is this the place where they make the pizza and you take it home and bake it?
No that's Papa Murphy's.

Dustin
10-20-2010, 07:35 PM
No that's Papa Murphy's.

I knew it. Thanks.

Joe Kimball
10-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I've had pizza from there one time. Lousy experience.

...Two teenagers working the kitchen, mumbled around to each other...

...After a few more minutes, one of the guys picks up a completed pizza. added some toppings to it, popped it back into the oven. Brought it out in a few, boxed it up and said "your order is ready."

I was there the other day, and I'm sorry to say that I had a similar experience---although the food was decent enough! The last couple of times I was there, in fact, a sullen-looking teenager (no doubt one of the two you dealt with) was the sole kitchen staff member---barely speaking (and mumbling at that), didn't look you in the eye, looked like he hated being there. This is a stark contrast to Perri herself, who honestly injected a bit of personality into the place and made it fun to be there. In fact, I hope she's all right and isn't absent due to a bad circumstance.

Your experience, however, sounds horrible with the additional poor food preparation. Those pizzas aren't cheap!

metro
10-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I went there today for lunch, the place was locked up and had a homemade sign (plain piece of paper) that said, "we're closed", didn't say sorry for the inconvenience, or how long they are closed for, or when they'd open again, just "we're closed". kind of goes with my impression of Perri herself.

soonerguru
10-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Papa Angelo's is lacking. It's "authentic" New York Pizza only in the sense that the owners have New York accents. It's OK, but not very good.

The most authentic "New York slice" in OKC is New York Pizza and Pasta in Norman. They've now opened a second location in Edmond.

I did find Perri's to be quite good.

Easy180
10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I hope it's not closed and it is unfortunate she doesn't make enough to hire some higher quality employees

Joe Kimball
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Has anyone any updates? Are they still closed?

metro
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
No, saw them open the other day. It was just a tacky way to close shop for the day IMO.

Cambridge 55
11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
hello,
good food is also help in good health.
New to The Village area and have eaten at Perri's pizza a few times. The food is very good and reasonably priced. They could have the best garlic breadstick in town and the owner (Perri) seems to be nice and prideful in her product. If you are around the area you should give it a shot.

metro
11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking they may be closed for good now, had a couple co-workers try to go there a couple times over the last week or so and they said they were closed.

theilluminatedfirefly
01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Anyone ever hear what happened to Perri's? I noticed the other day that the signs that say "Perri's" are no longer there.

Did she relocate or just go out of business?

Easy180
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
She should try again with a better lunch crowd spot

metro
01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Went out of business about 2 months ago, bad service plus poor location it was only a matter of time.

theilluminatedfirefly
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Meh...not too surprised but that's too bad.

I live nearby and I wish we could get a local restaurant there that is open in the evenings.

A few have come and gone, nothing seems to make it for more than a few years.

Easy180
02-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Just spotted Perri's Pizzeria in the Outlet store list....Cool to see she is trying elsewhere...Should be a much better spot so hopefully she can afford some better help this time

metro
02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I saw that as well, I wonder if the same owner.