View Full Version : Forward Foods

foodiefan
10-05-2010, 04:38 PM
:kicking: I'm probably late to the "party", but last time I was in the store, I noticed they have a very large selection of "goodies" by the pound. . .cashews, pecans, mixed nuts, sesame seeds, red and green lentils. . and more!! Love being able to buy just what I need for a recipe.

Martin
10-05-2010, 07:36 PM
i love this place and glad they've expanded to okc... thanks for reminding me i need to drop back by! -M

metro
10-06-2010, 07:41 AM
known as "bulk foods", wait until Whole Foods opens up, you'll be blown away by their "bulk" options.

foodiefan
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
known as "bulk foods", wait until Whole Foods opens up, you'll be blown away by their "bulk" options.

Yes, Metro. . . I've been to several Whole Foods locations, so I'm well aware of what they have. In the meantime, Forward Foods has this NOW and are building a loyal clientele. And yes, I know "bulk foods" is the proper term, but it brings to mind the large wholesale clubs. . . "goodies by the pound" just sounds more fun. . . don't cha think??!!

jpeaceokc
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Where are they located in OKC?

Martin
10-07-2010, 08:26 AM
nw 51st & western. -M

foodiefan
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
parking isn't the easiest. . from Western, go west on 51st. Turn in the driveway just before the two story house/club and that will take you to their parking lot. Well worth the trip/effort!!

Tier2City
12-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Sad. They have left a great legacy as quality shopping opportunities have increased dramatically since they opened.

Forward Foods
December 27, 2013

Dear Friends and Customers

It is with some sadness that we tell you that we are closing our Western Avenue location on December 29. Our Norman location will remain thriving, where we'll be slinging cheese and serving up our delicious lunches. We have no intention of permanently leaving our beloved OKC customers and friends, and we look forward to sharing our plans to bring the world's best cheeses and handmade foods to the people of the 405.

Please come say not "Good-Bye," but "Until We Meet Again" today and tomorrow. After that, please visit us at our Norman location, and keep an eye out for our new projects!

We want to thank the many wonderful people of Oklahoma City who have supported us over the last three and a half years. We look forward to serving you again soon.

With much love and appreciation, and best wishes for a happy new year,

Steve (Wampus), Suzy, and the OKC crew

tuck
12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Hate to see their wonderful store close. They are great people and will continue to thrive in Norman.

soonerguru
12-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Their going away suggests they are looking for a new OKC location. Don't count them out yet.

Martin
12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
i'm sure sprouts and whole foods have been tough on business... maybe this means they'll look into something near midtown or the plaza? -M

gjl
12-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Never heard of them. So are they a grocery store or restaurant?

shawnw
12-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I always thought that spot was a terrible location. Didn't work for Coco-Flow either. Hope they find a better location in OKC. Could they thrive downtown as a compliment to Native Roots?

Martin
12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Never heard of them. So are they a grocery store or restaurant?

it's a cheese shop with a small selection of specialty groceries.

Forward Foods | Cheese >> Grocery >> Coffee >> | Norman & Oklahoma City (http://www.forwardfoods.com)

-M

betts
12-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Western remains customer unfriendly with odd parking options, pedestrian unfriendliness and the near impossibity of crossing the street. It's amazing retail does as well as it does. Whole Foods doesn't help.

Mr. Cotter
12-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I stopped going once Whole Foods opened. This location is awful. I hope they find a good spot in OKC to continue on, and I hope that building finds a suitable tenant.