View Full Version : IBC Bank on 122nd and May

warreng88
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
I work near the IBC Bank on the SW corner of 122nd and May. It was torn down this morning and IBC bank plans on simply rebuilding on the same sight. It seems they are doing this a lot with their branches. Thought the board might want to know.

circuitboard
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah I noticed the Demo today also, I was like gee, they must have done that fast, it was just there it seemed like. So they are just building another bank? I was hoping it was going to be something new. But that's cool, as long as it looks nice.

OKCisOK4me
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I was a member of that bank before it was IBC. It was called Local. That building was old so it's probably a good think they tore it down.

Steve
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
It was built originally as a savings and loan, which didn't have checking or lots of drive-through lanes, etc. My first savings account was there. Growing up, my parents had their checking at Quail Creek Bank, and their savings account at Local next door.

warreng88
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I talked to a friend at IBC Bank and he said they are rebuilding it like the other branches. According to the Oklahoma County Assessor, the building was built in 1976. 34 years later, they need to upgrade it seems.

bluedogok
09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Most of those old Local Federal Savings & Loan buildings were stick built like houses, not very quality construction and it doesn't fit in with the "branding" that is so important to the large banks with many branches.

My parents mortgage was through Local Federal, they paid it off 14 years ago....30 years at $141 a month.