View Full Version : Favroite program

mranderson
08-16-2004, 03:50 PM
What is your favorite program? Local (non news) and national? And why? Your least favorite of each and why?

Mine? There are too many to name.

floater
08-20-2004, 07:29 PM
No doubt about it -- Seinfeld. Seinfeld repeats are ten times better than the stuff that's showing these days. On most sitcoms, the humor is so forced it's painful hear. With Seinfeld, the humor was innovative yet smooth and the actors (alas besides Jerry himself) milked character and comedy out of every on-screen second. The Yada Yada Yada episode is one of the funniest 22 minutes in TV history.

Keith
08-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Gosh, where do I begin? How about my top 5?

M*A*S*H*
Walker, Texas Ranger
COPS
CSI, Miami
CSI

Dad
08-26-2004, 08:54 AM
I watch more sports than anything, but enjoy M*A*S*H and Whose Line is it Anyway.
My favorite thing of all may be this religious station close by that for some reason I cannot explain runs really, really old cowboy movies all day Saturday, Roy Rogers and Tom Mix stuff, I love it.

Patrick
08-26-2004, 12:39 PM
I also tend to watch more sports than anything. I guess outside of that I probably watch CSI and gameshows the most. I also like tunig into talk shows like Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc. I often find myself watching re-runs of Early Edition on Pax.
I do sometimes watch Survivor when it's on, but I try to stay away from reality shows for the most part. I used to be a big fan of Becker until the show changed and then they eventually took it off the air. I miss great shows like Touched by an Angel, Promised Land, Murder She Wrote, Highway to Heaven, etc.
At night, I'm a David Letterman fan....hmmm, that gives me a great idea for a new poll....it seems like people I talk to either like Dave or Jay, but they usually don't like both. I'll post a poll on this.

Joe Schmoe
08-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey Dad,
"My favorite thing of all may be this religious station close by that for some reason I cannot explain runs really, really old cowboy movies all day Saturday, Roy Rogers and Tom Mix stuff, I love it."

What station are you talking about, is it a lowpower local station?

Really old Cowboy movies are out of copyright (Public Domain) & very cheap. KAUT 43 started out like that after OETA sold it.

I love 'em too. My favorite is always our own Gene Autry. In his movies he not only caught the bad guy, but he would show him the error of his ways & make him promise not to do it again!

Of course, Roy Rogers is a big part of my childhood. I named my first car "Besty."

Favorite shows, on the air now?

OK, I admit it, I like Star Trek Enterprize.

Also CSI, Navy NCIS (The pathologist is David Mcallum who I haven't seen since Man from UNCLE)

NOVA, POV & NOW.

"What I like about you" -Those 2 girls are so cute & actually funny. I love watching cute girls.

Nothing that I must watch every week.

Oh yeah, I forgot Saturdays-

I like Teen Titans, (very Hip) Jackie Chan Adventures & Xiaolin Showdown

Keith
08-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey, Joe....I forgot about Saturday mornings. When I was growing up I always watched Scooby Do :D with my dad. I still love to watch that show. Remember Bugs Bunny and Road Runner? Shazam? Oh Might Isis? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Josie and the *****cats? Hmmmm....Yep, those were the good old days. Heck, I bet Patrick don't remember some of these. He was barely thought of when these cartoons were on TV.

Patrick
08-26-2004, 11:02 PM
LOL Keith! :) You're actually right....I've never heard of Shazam and Oh Might Isis.

I barely made it in time for the Pink Panther and Tom and Jerry.

I guess my favorites were Smurfs (I know...don't laugh!!), Garfield and Friends, and Looney Toons!

I was also addicted to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Thunder Cats, and Dennis the Menace though.

floater
08-27-2004, 06:48 AM
I'm not laughing. That was my favorite cartoon, too! Great stories!! :D That was Saturday mornings. After school, it was GI Joe and Three's Company repeats, if you can believe that!!

Joe Schmoe
08-27-2004, 09:02 AM
The cartoons you guys remember just remind me of crappy jobs I had as a teenager. Scoobydo reminds me of the job I had cleaning horse stalls on Saturday mornings. (it was coming on at the time I had to leave & go to the barn.)

So I always think of:

"Scoopy doo ... doo"

No offence to your childhood favorites, its just an unavoidable association for me.

I grew up on the ancient forefathers of Saturday mornings, I wish I had some of these on DVD:

Heckle & Jeckle
Mighty Mouse
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Roy Rogers
Laurel & Hardy
Kookla, Fran & Ollie
Tom Terrific
Soupy Sales

Later,
Johnny Quest
Spiderman
Fantastic Four

Dad
09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
The low power station that shows the old cowboy movies is in New Bloomfield, near Jefferson City MO. It's a hilarious deal...the guy who runs it is the most unlikely TV preacher you could imagine, he's totally dedicated to helping the poor and homeless, dresses just this side of homeless himself instead of trying to look like a millionaire like a lot of the TV preacher guys. The station runs an amazingly disjointed combination of religious programming and "regular" TV, and most of its employees are formerly homeless guys who couldn't get a job anywhere else, meaning that the production quality is worse than a high school station. Lots of dead air, tapes on at the wrong time, cameras cutting someone's head off, ect. You will watch an old rerun of "Tiny Toons," have 9 seconds of blank screen, then a promo for accepting Jesus that looks and sounds like it was produced in 1974. It probably was. The preacher, Larry Rice, is involved in politics some, too. He's very strongly anti-death penalty, and fights economic development tooth and nail. He's pitching a bitch now about public money going to the new Cardinals stadium, ignoring the obvious benefits. He's one of a kind, our Larry!

Joe Schmoe
09-09-2004, 08:05 AM
I love low power, homegrown TV.

Lots of room for surprizes.

:D