View Full Version : Any fraternity/sorority members?

Midtowner
03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Was anyone a fraternity/sorority member in college?

rxis
03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
i looked into fraternities but i just couldn't find the time for all the events.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Me? A frat dude?

LOL!

Midtowner
03-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Me? A frat dude?

LOL!

Why not?

floater
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
I was more like a nerd (as in Revenge of the Nerds;)) in college. Not a math and science whiz, though.

Midtowner
03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I was more like a nerd (as in Revenge of the Nerds;)) in college. Not a math and science whiz, though.

So you were just socially awkward then? :D

HOT ROD
04-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Sigma Nu, Gamma Chi chapter - University of Washington, Seattle

Midtowner
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM

ETTSN bro.

Mu Tau #5, Central Oklahoma

BricktownGuy
04-22-2005, 07:53 PM
nothing like a group of guys calling each other "bro" for no real reason. lol.

HOT ROD
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Bricktown Guy, nothing wrong with fraternity.

Actually many cultures around the world follow similarly. In Chinese culture (and much of asia) there is Guang Xi (pronounced Quang Chi), which is like fraternity in that both Midtowner and I are members of the same Fraternity, just different chapters. Therefore, we have a "connection" that perhaps you and I dont, aside from being OKC renaissance members and OKC Talk contributors.

also, Midtowner and I are probably pretty similar (as if you did not notice from our posts) given that frat brothers usually rush similar. Like I said, it is a connection.

Underling
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I remember sitting on my dorm balcony with my Kappa Sigma suitemates singing at the passing Lamda Chi's

(to the tune of "Oh My Darlin')

"I'm an as* hole,
I"m an as* hole,
I'm an as* hole till I die,

But I'd rather be an as* hole
than a f***ing Lamda Chi."

It's a wonder I survived my freshman year...

rxis
05-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I think the quality of the fraternal bond varies so much with each chapter and its members. I think its just a social thing.

okcpulse
05-03-2005, 12:20 AM
My wife is Alpha Delta Pi. I don't do fraternities. Lone gunman, that's the whole idea to my persoonality.

Midtowner
05-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Bricktown Guy, nothing wrong with fraternity.

Actually many cultures around the world follow similarly. In Chinese culture (and much of asia) there is Guang Xi (pronounced Quang Chi), which is like fraternity in that both Midtowner and I are members of the same Fraternity, just different chapters. Therefore, we have a "connection" that perhaps you and I dont, aside from being OKC renaissance members and OKC Talk contributors.

also, Midtowner and I are probably pretty similar (as if you did not notice from our posts) given that frat brothers usually rush similar. Like I said, it is a connection.

Well, we did/do recite the same creed when we attend chapter meetings :)

Hot Rod, if you want me to make arrangements for you to attend a chapter meeting sometime at Central Oklahoma or otherwise, let me know.

Ms.Relaxationstation
05-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I pledged a FRATERNITY..that's right, not a sorority. Kappa Kappa Psi.

I couldn't stand those damn sorority girls who acted like they were better than everyone and seemed to look down on me. So, I pledged their brother fraternity and got it. So, I hung out with all their boyfriends. Best year of my life!

Midtowner
05-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I pledged a FRATERNITY..that's right, not a sorority. Kappa Kappa Psi.

I couldn't stand those damn sorority girls who acted like they were better than everyone and seemed to look down on me. So, I pledged their brother fraternity and got it. So, I hung out with all their boyfriends. Best year of my life!

Isn't that an honorary service organization primarily associated with musicians?

Was the female equivelant Sigma Alpha Iota (which although the membership is only female calls itself a "fraternity")?

Ms.Relaxationstation
05-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Isn't that an honorary service organization primarily associated with musicians?

Was the female equivelant Sigma Alpha Iota (which although the membership is only female calls itself a "fraternity")?

No, the female sorority is Tau Beta Sigma. Sigma Alpha Iota is a completely different sorority and is not related to Kappa Kappa Psi at all.

Midtowner
05-03-2005, 11:24 AM
No, the female sorority is Tau Beta Sigma. Sigma Alpha Iota is a completely different sorority and is not related to Kappa Kappa Psi at all.

SAI is a "fraternity for women" as many of their members will quickly point out :)

You pick up on these things when you're in the University's symphony orchestra ;)

BricktownGuy
05-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Hot Rod and others...

sorry.. what I said was only a joke (nothing I meant seriously).

just curious... how many people that were part of the sorority or fraternity does everyone still keep in regular contact with? or have most people not kept contact... just curious.

Midtowner
05-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Hot Rod and others...

sorry.. what I said was only a joke (nothing I meant seriously).

just curious... how many people that were part of the sorority or fraternity does everyone still keep in regular contact with? or have most people not kept contact... just curious.

I'm still an active chapter advisor. I've attended two national conventions as an alumnus. I have daily contact with fellow alums and weekly contact with active brothers.

We have nearly all of our alums attend our annual alum events still -- some even come from out of state.

chrisok
05-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Kappa Alpha Order
Beta Xi Chapter - OSU

Midtowner
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Kappa Alpha Order
Beta Xi Chapter - OSU

I could tell you a great story about the Lexington Triad monument in Lexington.

You may or may not find the story humorous :)

chrisok
05-09-2005, 10:25 PM
I could tell you a great story about the Lexington Triad monument in Lexington.

You may or may not find the story humorous :)

I'm always up for a good story.

BADallas
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM

Sigma Nu here as well...... Epsilon Epsilon - Oklahoma State University