View Full Version : Karma, gotta love it

kevinpate
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Fake Purse Peddler Reports Getting Fake Bills, Arrested

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39289374/ns/local_news-miami_fl

He had the right to remain silent, but lacked the ability

MustangGT
09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Now that is funny. What moron the dude was, first for selling fakes then trying to get the police to help him after he got clipped. HEHEHE

Thunder
09-23-2010, 10:06 AM
This shows how stupid the police was. It is not a crime to sell look-a-like products. There is a name for it...generic. He made honest orders to sell for profit. Many people do that these days. Very, very, very rarely for someone to be arrested in this way.

MustangGT, there is a common sense when it comes to forum avatar. Here is an adjusted size of your avatar. Save it and upload.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1046/avatar95072gif.jpg

MadMonk
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
It's a crime if the generic is represented with the real company's logo and brand name. It's called fraud.

Midtowner
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
This shows how stupid the police was. It is not a crime to sell look-a-like products. There is a name for it...generic. He made honest orders to sell for profit. Many people do that these days. Very, very, very rarely for someone to be arrested in this way.

Where did you accomplish your police/legal training?

MustangGT
09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for resizing my avatar and I too am curious about your "legal" training. Many owners of copyrighted/trademarked merchandise take a dim view of copies regardless of the lies the seller of fraudulent merchandise claims. Have you never seen counterfeit Rolexes, CD's and DVD's being crushed???

kevinpate
09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for resizing my avatar and I too am curious about your "legal" training. Many owners of copyrighted/trademarked merchandise take a dim view of copies regardless of the lies the seller of fraudulent merchandise claims. Have you never seen counterfeit Rolexes, CD's and DVD's being crushed???

One of my fav stories from back in the tulsa days was the chap who wanted to sell me his rather attractive SEIKO watch, a gift from someone but he already had a watch or two and could use the cash.

He wasn't real happy when I pointed out the not quite completely removed beginning A letter and ending N letter and passed, having no real desire to own an ASEIKON watch that was having an identity crisis.