|

Description
Enter description here.
Latest News
Enter latest news here.
Milestones

Links
Gallery

On my Sunday drive I noticed some new construction near the intersection of NE 8th and Lottie. I was impressed... maybe its SoSA's (geez... I can 't believe I actually used that name) NE equivalent? SEoOUHSC... fortunately... isn't easily pronounced.:Smiley259
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/NE8th-Lottie.jpg
House on the north side of NE 8th.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/Photo0823.jpg
House on the south side of NE 8th. (I was driving... not as good a shot)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/Photo0825.jpg

dmoor82
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
If you drive down NE 14th off of Lincoln (200-400 block of ne 14th)there is a very nice modern house it looks really outta place kinda like these houses!but I guess you have to start somewhere!

Platemaker
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I have noticed that one. There is another at NE 6th and Lincoln... that one has been there at least a couple of years. I, for one, am thrilled that a great deal of new construction in the the central city is modern. From these homes, to SoSA, to the boathouses, to the new developments in Deep Deuce... OKC could easily become know for being thoroughly modern... wouldn't that be a change!

Spartan
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I definitely agree with the above about mod houses. I think the center city could start to gain a sort of South Austin feel with all the contemporary infill. It gets bigger and more complex once mod houses become the norm.

Laramie
09-20-2010, 05:45 AM
It is a blessing to see and know that they are trying to do something positive with this area.

I grew up in the Oak Park addition (Old Douglass High @ 6th & High) and Urban Renewal was the driving force behind relocating many residents.

The school is still standing and a sightly reminder of my past, time to demolish the old structure as they did with Page Stadium at Washington Park (4th & Stonewall).

The old Jewel Theater still stands; these structures need to be put to rest.

Last I heard, that 7-Eleven (Oklahoma City) was looking into the feasibility of putting a store there.

They definitely need to clean up the store at 10th & north Western (too many bums) hang out there, this area is the just west of St. Anthony's (aka: San Antonio Hospital referred by Hispanics).

The new Douglass High School (900 N. MLK. Jr.,), Stadium and Douglass Center (golf course) is proof that Oklahoma City is moving in the right direction.

Progress does take time.

metro
09-20-2010, 08:37 AM
There is also one about 7th and Oklahoma in the Flatiron area. I don't think it will be the next "hotspot" though, but nice to see some infill. I think the next hotspot like I said before will be NW 7th Street, similar to how NW/NE 9th street is.

kevinpate
09-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I guess I'm a fuddy duddy. Neither lights me up like they do some of the other posters.

adaniel
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I have an aunt and retired uncle that live off 8th and Lottie. The OUHSC has approached them and several of their neighbors for a possible buyout. I wouldn't be surprised in 10 years if this area is swallowed by the center, possibly as student housing. So I don't really see this area becoming a hotspot like SoSA per say, but its definitely being cleaned up and will probably be developed more when its all said and done.

There is also one about 7th and Oklahoma in the Flatiron area.

I've always been curious about that house. It kinda justs sits there by itself. If I'm not mistaken, that home belongs to a local architect and they were profiled in "Oklahoma Today" a couple of years back. It would be nice if that street filled in a little more.

TaoMaas
09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
On my Sunday drive I noticed some new construction near the intersection of NE 8th and Lottie. I was impressed... maybe its SoSA's (geez... I can 't believe I actually used that name) NE equivalent? SEoOUHSC... fortunately... isn't easily pronounced.:Smiley259
House on the north side of NE 8th.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/Photo0823.jpg

I drive by there on my commute. They've been working on this house for a very long time, seems like. It's only been over the last few weeks where there were workers there every day. In comparison, the house on the south side of 8th Street went up pretty quickly.

TaoMaas
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I've always been curious about that house. It kinda justs sits there by itself. If I'm not mistaken, that home belongs to a local architect and they were profiled in "Oklahoma Today" a couple of years back. It would be nice if that street filled in a little more.

That house at 7th and Oklahoma was built for some friends of mine. The last time I talked to them (which has been a year or more ago), one of them was still living there. It was designed by David Wanzer, I believe. I think he (or the firm he worked with) also did the house near 6th & Lincoln, as well as the two houses near NW11th and Western.

Platemaker
09-25-2010, 02:21 PM
If you drive down NE 14th off of Lincoln (200-400 block of ne 14th)there is a very nice modern house it looks really outta place kinda like these houses!but I guess you have to start somewhere!

Pretty cool..
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/Photo0843.jpg

dmoor82
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Pretty cool..
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Platemaker_photos/OKC%20Development/Photo0843.jpg

^^Yes Sir that's it!Nice looking!

Spartan
09-26-2010, 12:26 AM
That's not in Lincoln's Terrace proper, is it? (I'm thinking it's just outside the limits)

Platemaker
09-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Technically it is... it is the first block west of Lincoln... and east of Stiles. Stiles divides Lincoln Terrace and Classen's North Highland Parked. (yes... parkED)