View Full Version : Chickasha High School player dies

SoonerQueen
09-17-2010, 06:22 AM
http://newsok.com/chickasha-football-player-has-died-at-ou-medical-center/article/3495821?custom_click=headlines_widget

PennyQuilts
09-17-2010, 06:24 AM
How horrible. I feel so sorry for his family, friends, team mates and coaches. RIP.

Kerry
09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know what he died of? It seems there are lot more of these incidents now (based on media reporting anyhow). I don't remember this many sports related deaths back in the '80s.

Thunder
09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
He most likely did not take care of himself by properly hydrating with plenty of water and eating healthy food ...or... had an underlying medical condition that went undiagnosed. The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death when they preform the autopsy. Hopefully someone with update will post on here.

Kerry
09-17-2010, 12:07 PM
He most likely did not take care of himself by properly hydrating with plenty of water and eating healthy food ...or... had an underlying medical condition that went undiagnosed. The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death when they preform the autopsy. Hopefully someone with update will post on here.

I have two boys that will soon be entering the age of competitve sports. I have taken an interest in all these deaths so that I can help prevent my own children from suffering some future tragedy. I remember running track in high school and our coach constantly told us to drink water. We had atleast 1, if not 2, mandatory water breaks. The coach stood by the drinking fountain, made us line up, and watched us take a drink. How much you drank was up to you but we were never denied water.

PennyQuilts
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I have a relative who is a football coach and we've discussed the subject. He says no coach in their right mind would deny the kids fluids and most would insist on it if they spotted a kid looking bleary.