View Full Version : Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

megax11
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
and as you can see, I'm a lot happier now.

http://www.okcmarketcenter.com/

Remember my dreams people? Yeah... Crossroads was sold and the deal just sealed in blood.

Crossroads Mall is no more, and from it, OKC Market Center is born.

Dillards is coming back, but as a clearance store. New stores are coming, and the inside will be renovated.

SkyWestOKC
09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks pretty cheap in more than one way.

megax11
09-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Better than nothing. My dream, wether all of it was right or not, was that the mall made a comeback in some fashion and had interior renovations.

I can't say if the flooring I saw in my dream was correct now, but in my dream the mall felt more open. It felt like a wide open space.

I just can't believe Oklahoma's first Market Center, is on southside.

Dustin
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Is this true?!? The one in Dallas is pretty sweet! CHEAP CHEAP stuff that looks really expensive. It'll be a hit.

Kerry
09-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Is this going to be like Americasmart in Atlanta? If so, that would be freaking awesome.

http://atlantamart.com/markets/home/

This is going to change retailing in OKC forever.

SkyWestOKC
09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
If their slide presentation is accurate, which it probably isn't (not saying it's not close, but these estimations are normally favorable towards the company) it will be a hit. If it does half as good as their expectations, I'd still say it's better than what is currently out there.

Kerry
09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
If their slide presentation is accurate, which it probably isn't (not saying it's not close, but these estimations are normally favorable towards the company) it will be a hit. If it does half as good as their expectations, I'd still say it's better than what is currently out there.

While it does say end consumers are welcome - most of the people making purchases here are business owners and buyers. Items sold here will be in retail outlets all over the plains. At Americasmart in Atlanta you can't get in without a business license.

megax11
09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I went to Crossroads tonight, just to see how dead the place was.

I happened to walk into a sporting good store, where I told her the rumor about Dillards.

She told me, "I love the rumors about this place. Someone was stupid enough to say it was going to be a penatentary."

She then told me the new name, and that it had a website, and the deal was sealed in blood either today or yesterday.

She mentioned it was like the Dallas Market Center, and the other market centers.

As you can see from the website, it does list that one in Atlanta.

In anycase, now to see how the mall will look on the inside, once renovations are done. I'm just glad this dream came true, to some extent, in that something rose from the ashes.

Dustin
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
This is really good news..

megax11
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I have a huge feeling now.

I bet the owners of this market center, destroy those old tire buildings by Penny's and Ward's, fix up the jacked up parking lots, and in some cases, I bet some of the land outside of the mall, will be made into new retail.

Remember, this is a first of its kind here. Anything can happen now.

OKC@heart
09-15-2010, 08:40 PM
This is fantastic news for the entire City and will definitely open doors to new retail options here in the city! This is some forward thinking and kudos to the team that has put this together! They need to be sure to establish themselves as a high quality institution so that they can become a serious contender and capture the market share that they are targeting. Hopefully they will be able to spring for higher quality marketing efforts than was presented.

Not being a negative nelly here as I think it is a well thought out and very creative and innovative idea that could have a huge economic impact to our city and could forever change the area surrounding the new market center, it would be a natural extension to see a design district emerge around this center! What a great thing for this area of town!

Pete
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Interesting concept.

Hope they have the money and vision to make it happen. Makes a lot of sense.

megax11
09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
They have followed their plan to the letter as of now. They bought the place when they said they would.

Next phase is renovation.

MikeOKC
09-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Interesting concept.

Hope they have the money and vision to make it happen. Makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I'm with you, Pete. I hope they have the money to pull it off. A nicer website would make me feel more optimistic. I marvel at how many businesses fail to understand how the website is the 21st century business-card. First impressions and all that. But, great concept and hope it comes about.

Thunder
09-16-2010, 06:51 AM
A shopping center only for business owners? I hope it is not only that... At least it is coming back to life. As for all of those negative people on here, we can laugh at them! LOL! As for the name... I am sure most of us will still call it Crossroads Mall. The same for most of us still saying Sooner Fashion Mall in Norman.

Lets hope there will be a pet store, specifically fish and aquarium supplies.

kevinpate
09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
A shopping center only for business owners? I hope it is not only that... At least it is coming back to life. As for all of those negative people on here, we can laugh at them! LOL! As for the name... I am sure most of us will still call it Crossroads Mall. The same for most of us still saying Sooner Fashion Mall in Norman.

Lets hope there will be a pet store, specifically fish and aquarium supplies.

According to their online powerpoint, there will be an area that is open to both businesses and consumers. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a pet store, or even fish, but perhaps there will be an area that does offer supplies for your hobby.

bombermwc
09-16-2010, 07:00 AM
OK so, this should have already started though. Note the purcahse target was July. That didn't happen so is this dead already? It would be very cool though. Anything would be better that the nothing that will eventually take over with the current slide. And Dillard's...until I see them open, I'm not going to believe it.

Thunder
09-16-2010, 07:03 AM
OK so, this should have already started though. Note the purcahse target was July. That didn't happen so is this dead already? It would be very cool though. Anything would be better that the nothing that will eventually take over with the current slide. And Dillard's...until I see them open, I'm not going to believe it.

.......................... Dude! This is September! July had already gone by! It is obvious that phase of plans were already done. The next is to renovate. As for Dillard's, it has already been confirmed. Where have you been?

Kevin, even if only supplies, that will be awesome! Just hope if there is a place to sell pet/aquarium supplies that they sell many and top rated products. I am curious if these products will be sold at wholesale prices or not. Only time will tell! :-)

kevinpate
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
If all is as portrayed, I wonder how long it will be before Steve or someone at DOK is writing about it and Kelly & Amy's replacement are yakking about it.

benman
09-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Too bad the power point considers okc the Midwest once again.
Probably better for our image if we stick to identifying OKC as a great up and coming Southern city..
Just a pet peave of mine.. back to topic

Double Edge
09-16-2010, 08:07 AM
I participated in the production of a travelling wholesale jewellery market and I know people who use markets to purchase for their business. The concept is not for a consumer to walk in and buy a shirt or whatever. It's for a business to look at product and hopefully order a line to be manufactured and delivered to the business. Buying part or all of a line of clothing for an upcoming season would be an example. I can see where there may be cash-and-carry for many items and maybe this concept is different or a blend of some sort but I doubt it. Either way, it's good news if they pull it off.

Midtowner
09-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Sounds pretty pie in the sky. I'll believe it when they have some credible major tenants announced and renovations are underway. Otherwise, this looks like a potential rocketplane-like attempt to siphon off state funding, then disappear into the night.

Kerry
09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
.......................... Dude! This is September! July had already gone by! It is obvious that phase of plans were already done. The next is to renovate. As for Dillard's, it has already been confirmed. Where have you been?

Kevin, even if only supplies, that will be awesome! Just hope if there is a place to sell pet/aquarium supplies that they sell many and top rated products. I am curious if these products will be sold at wholesale prices or not. Only time will tell! :-)

If it is like Americasmart - you won't be able to buy just one aquarium - you will have to buy 25. You won't be able to buy a goldfish - you will have to buy 200 of them. It is Costco/Sam Club for retailers.

EBAH
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Awesome news, I hope it is legit. Website kind of gives you a pie in the sky feel.

soonergirl
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
So happy to see something being done with this space. Where's the confirmation for Dillard's? I've seen threads of rumors, but nothing from a confirmed source - am I overlooking it somewhere? Also, where's the confirmation that this whole Market Center thing is actually happening? The website looks like it's just a plan at this stage... fingers crossed!

Thanks for the scoop!

Kokopelli
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
The url address just brings up the website for VIP Internet Hosting company.

Jesseda
09-16-2010, 02:01 PM

sounds like it was a dream made up? This link no longer shows anything about it, Istill hope it will come true, can anyone find more info on this

Reggie Jet
09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Oooops! Something's up! The URL is now taking you to their web services provider. At least it is on my browser.

jn1780
09-16-2010, 03:01 PM

sounds like it was a dream made up? This link no longer shows anything about it, Istill hope it will come true, can anyone find more info on this

I guess these people just had a dream, but not enough capital to even keep their website going.

OKC@heart
09-16-2010, 03:17 PM
the site works fine for me...so don't know that the dream is over...just yet.

megax11
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I participated in the production of a travelling wholesale jewellery market and I know people who use markets to purchase for their business. The concept is not for a consumer to walk in and buy a shirt or whatever. It's for a business to look at product and hopefully order a line to be manufactured and delivered to the business. Buying part or all of a line of clothing for an upcoming season would be an example. I can see where there may be cash-and-carry for many items and maybe this concept is different or a blend of some sort but I doubt it. Either way, it's good news if they pull it off.

People need to read though.

THIS IS A MARKET CENTER FOR CONSUMERS AND BUSINESSES!

It states as much on their website.

Infact Steve and Barrys will be open to consumers, and so will the whole mall, minus the JCP and Macy's building.

Dillards will be Dillards, Steve and Barrys as well as the rest of the mall will be the market disctrict (as they call it), which is open to the public.

EDIT: You people should know better than that. Websites go down all the time. This site keeps going down all the time. THE MALL WAS ALREADY PURCHASED BY THE PEOPLE BRINGING THE MARKET CENTER HERE! Maybe, just maybe, people weren't supposed to know about this yet. Websites can check visitors' IP addresses. Maybe they were still putting the site together, before people started spamming it.

This is already a sealed deal. The sports store inside the mall has a sign stating, "despite the rumors you heard, Crossroads Mall is not closing. Please continue to shop with us."

EDIT 2: Another theory about the website being taken down, is that could have been placeholder, and the real site is about to take shape. Did anyone else notice the logo for OKC Market Center? It had Crossroads Mall triangular roofs. :D

okc_bel_air
09-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Just tried at 5pm. Site is in fact down.

jn1780
09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
EDIT: You people should know better than that. Websites go down all the time. This site keeps going down all the time. THE MALL WAS ALREADY PURCHASED BY THE PEOPLE BRINGING THE MARKET CENTER HERE! Maybe, just maybe, people weren't supposed to know about this yet. Websites can check visitors' IP addresses. Maybe they were still putting the site together, before people started spamming it.

EDIT 2: Another theory about the website being taken down, is that could have been placeholder, and the real site is about to take shape. Did anyone else notice the logo for OKC Market Center? It had Crossroads Mall triangular roofs. :D

Yeah, thats true. If they did purchase the building it probably hasn't closed yet, otherwise we would know who was doing all this. Has anyone tried to call that number on that site? LOL

flintysooner
09-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/randaok69

(she's the owner apparently and there's a link to a facebook page that doesn't amount to anything)

Platemaker
09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Try this:
http://www.okcmarketcenter.com/ppt/OKLAHOMA%20CITY%20WHOLESALE%20MARKET%20CENTER.swf

oneforone
09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I just don't see it working out. I think it will fall through during renovation or just flatline 1-3 years after it opens. If all else fails, Mt. Trashmore will need a sister in a decade or two.

plmccordj
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Looking at the county assessor's web site it does not mention any sale at all. Has anyone seen anything other than this web site?

edcrunk
09-17-2010, 02:55 AM
That's rad... I used to go to the Dallas market center to buy clothes to sell in my record store I owned in the 90's.

bombermwc
09-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Hey Thunder, before you get your panties in a twise, my point was that this group hasn't bought the freaking mall yet. Their plans showed they were supposed to be buying it in July.....they didn't. As mentioned above, check the assesor's site...there hasn't been an ownership change yet.

IE - The project hasn't done squat, crap, nadda, anything. Ya jerk.

hipsterdoofus
09-17-2010, 07:09 AM
the site works fine for me...so don't know that the dream is over...just yet.

Not saying this isn't real - but kinda sad that their site is down (for hours and hours)

MikeOKC
09-17-2010, 07:25 AM
I think the logical question goes to the OP of this thread: How did you get the URL to post here? According to WHOIS, okcmarketcenter.com is owned by April Allen of Edmond at an address that matches "Payless Digging" which is a trenching contractor on Memorial Road at 405-949-9872. The domain was purchased in May of 2009. Following that up might get some enterprising reporter some information.

David
09-17-2010, 07:35 AM
I went to Crossroads tonight, just to see how dead the place was.

I happened to walk into a sporting good store, where I told her the rumor about Dillards.

She told me, "I love the rumors about this place. Someone was stupid enough to say it was going to be a penatentary."

She then told me the new name, and that it had a website, and the deal was sealed in blood either today or yesterday.

She mentioned it was like the Dallas Market Center, and the other market centers.

As you can see from the website, it does list that one in Atlanta.

In anycase, now to see how the mall will look on the inside, once renovations are done. I'm just glad this dream came true, to some extent, in that something rose from the ashes.

^^

MikeOKC
09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
^^

Ahh...I missed that, David. Thanks. Hopefully somebody can follow up with Ms. Allen and find out what's up.

flintysooner
09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
I think the logical question goes to the OP of this thread: How did you get the URL to post here? According to WHOIS, okcmarketcenter.com is owned by April Allen of Edmond at an address that matches "Payless Digging" which is a trenching contractor on Memorial Road at 405-949-9872. The domain was purchased in May of 2009. Following that up might get some enterprising reporter some information.I posted her facebook link a while back.

scootinger
09-17-2010, 09:40 AM

This is already a sealed deal. The sports store inside the mall has a sign stating, "despite the rumors you heard, Crossroads Mall is not closing. Please continue to shop with us."

The mall has not been purchased. If the deal has already been sealed, then why has there not been any sort of news release or records indicating as such? The County Assessor record for Crossroads (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R132164070) indicates that it is owned by "Crossroads Maiden Lane LLC". This would mean that it's still in the hands of the Federal Reserve.

As for the fact that there is a sign at a store indicating that the mall is not closing...what does that have to do with this plan? That does not imply that the mall has a new owner, is being renovated, or anything like that; it's likely that the mall will stay open for some time even with nothing in the works. And if someone decided to change the mall to a "market center" format, many of the present tenants would probably end up leaving or being forced out.

It's possible that something really could be in the works, but it doesn't look very plausible...especially being that virtually nothing is known about the person/people behind this. Even if there was someone with a lot of experience/reputation behind this project, it's entirely possible that it could end up falling through.

MikeOKC
09-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I wish a reporter would just call the number associated with the website and ask her what's going on.

hipsterdoofus
09-17-2010, 10:16 AM
People need to read though.

1) If people were not supposed to "know about it" yet, then they should have known better than to make it live at all

2) yes websites go down, but anything decent shouldn't be down anywhere near as long as this has been...so I guess they already have crappy management...from an IT viewpoint (which is the best viewpoint I can give)

Bunty
09-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Evidently some dream with no basis ever formed for reality and so the domain name to the web site apparently was not renewed.

Eep
09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Evidently some dream with no basis ever formed for reality and so the domain name to the web site apparently was not renewed.
From WHOIS:

Registered through: VIP Hosting
Domain Name: OKCMARKETCENTER.COM
Created on: 04-May-09
Expires on: 04-May-11
Last Updated on: 05-May-10They may or may not have run afoul of their hosting provider (judging from the 302 redirect of HTTP traffic to their website to VIP Hosting's), but their domain registration status is perfectly fine.

megax11
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey Thunder, before you get your panties in a twise, my point was that this group hasn't bought the freaking mall yet. Their plans showed they were supposed to be buying it in July.....they didn't. As mentioned above, check the assesor's site...there hasn't been an ownership change yet.

IE - The project hasn't done squat, crap, nadda, anything. Ya jerk.

The mall has been sold... Just because its not being advertised on this assecor website yet doesn't mean squat.

A friend of mine behind me says it won't update to show ownership on the assecor website, until next year. They update annually. So yes, the mall has been sold as the lady told me in one of the stores there.

IT... HAS... BEEN... SOLD! Deal done, they signed away on it a few days ago.

Jesseda
09-17-2010, 01:29 PM
yeah somethin is goin on, the toysrus by the mall today when i asked told me they are now staying at there location, so the people (store owners) in the area know something big is going to happen soon maybe? Just a couple months ago the toysrus told me they where moving to moore..hmmm I wonder if moore is still going to geta toysrus or one of those new toysrus express stores

hipsterdoofus
09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
The mall has been sold... Just because its not being advertised on this assecor website yet doesn't mean squat.

A friend of mine behind me says it won't update to show ownership on the assecor website, until next year. They update annually. So yes, the mall has been sold as the lady told me in one of the stores there.

IT... HAS... BEEN... SOLD! Deal done, they signed away on it a few days ago.

The County Assessors are actually quite quick these days and I would expect something to show up within a couple of weeks to a month at most...have you tried to check on homes sold recently? They update those very quickly.

Swake2
09-17-2010, 02:14 PM
A friend behind me says that this thread is pricless!

plmccordj
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I closed on the sale of my house on July 30, 2010. It showed up on the Oklahoma County Assessor's web site on August 17, 2010 under the new owner's name. If this is indeed true, maybe we will know something soon. I am skeptical yet hopeful.

megax11
09-17-2010, 04:09 PM
The mall has not been purchased. If the deal has already been sealed, then why has there not been any sort of news release or records indicating as such? The County Assessor record for Crossroads (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R132164070) indicates that it is owned by "Crossroads Maiden Lane LLC". This would mean that it's still in the hands of the Federal Reserve.

As for the fact that there is a sign at a store indicating that the mall is not closing...what does that have to do with this plan? That does not imply that the mall has a new owner, is being renovated, or anything like that; it's likely that the mall will stay open for some time even with nothing in the works. And if someone decided to change the mall to a "market center" format, many of the present tenants would probably end up leaving or being forced out.

It's possible that something really could be in the works, but it doesn't look very plausible...especially being that virtually nothing is known about the person/people behind this. Even if there was someone with a lot of experience/reputation behind this project, it's entirely possible that it could end up falling through.

You ever heard of an NDA?

All I can say is, I know someone who is in on this as well, but can't say, because that person was told to keep their mouth shut.

megax11
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
yeah somethin is goin on, the toysrus by the mall today when i asked told me they are now staying at there location, so the people (store owners) in the area know something big is going to happen soon maybe? Just a couple months ago the toysrus told me they where moving to moore..hmmm I wonder if moore is still going to geta toysrus or one of those new toysrus express stores

;)

Like I said, barring those trashy looking drug testing centers and community colleges, I imagine the nasty parking lots will be landscaped around the mall, and new retail will pop up. The tire centers will be demolished and new places will go there. I expect that area to rise from its grave, and soon be a retail hub.

I didn't know TRU was staying put, as last I heard they were moving. So this says they know something.

All in all, looks like southside is about to get a big shot in the arm.

megax11
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
To those asking about the county assessor... Like I said, I have a friend who has ran his own business and been doing all that jive stuff for a while now, and he is also somehow linked to this OKC Market Center thing (again I can't say because my friend was told to keep his mouth shut), and he stated that with businesses, you won't see it until the anual timeframe for it to be listed, which should be some time in 2011.

It is happening, and someone just posted a link again to a working page for this.

They probably removed the site, because people stumbled upon it. If NDA's are in place for people to "keep their mouth shut" they're not going to keep the site live, if they see people with varying IP addresses flocking there like sheep to the slaughter, because then it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Heck, me and my fiancee went into Fredricks there today, and the lady didn't even know. Some in the mall know, some don't. Wonder why?

News won't know, because obviously they're keeping a lid on this until everything is in place.

jn1780
09-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I looked up Oklahoma City Wholesale Market Center and its indeed registered to April Allen back in 2009.

I don't know if anyone else is part of that LLC. This Market Center idea would take a lot of capital and I haven't figured where its coming from.

Who knows, maybe Oklahoma City Market Center is a fake company the real owners had April Allen setup to create a diversion. They created a lot of hype on OKC Talk anyway. :LolLolLol

MikeOKC
09-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, I looked up Oklahoma City Wholesale Market Center and its indeed registered to April Allen back in 2009.

I don't know if anyone else is part of that LLC. This Market Center idea would take a lot of capital and I haven't figured where its coming from.

Who knows, maybe Oklahoma City Market Center is a fake company the real owners had April Allen setup to create a diversion. They created a lot of hype on OKC Talk anyway. :LolLolLol

Or, April Allen is one very rich lady. Surely someone at The Oklahoman is working on this and not just waiting for a press release.

kevinpate
09-17-2010, 05:33 PM
If all is as portrayed, I wonder how long it will be before Steve or someone at DOK is writing about it and Kelly & Amy's replacement are yakking about it.

Call me a cynic at this point. Something this big, whether supposedly under wraps or not, NDA or not, more likely than not wouldn't have but one primary cheerleader 30+ hours later.

Wouldn't mind being shown to be way off base, but I think I'll have some ice cream rather than sit back and hold my breath.