View Full Version : Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

metro
10-12-2010, 11:25 AM
well if Steve didn't see it it must not be true......

Steve
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Metro, darling friend, so glad to hear from you again! I've missed you!

megax11
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Something is definately up around the mall.

The old Firestone building (I assume that's what it used to be), that is north of the JCP building, is being renovated. There is a port-a-potty out there, and everytime I've been to Toys R Us, or around the building, the garage is always open. So far, they have put in new garages.

Wonder what they're going to turn it into?

Thunder, I'm not going to be like all the other peeps around here (though I can see why some would be mad a lot in life) and call you a liar, so if you saw an article on the news about the Market Center, that's cool. What all did they say?

metro
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Steve, just giving you a hard time. While I don't agree with megax's or thunders pipe dreams or "visions", I do think something is up, why would those properties be bought up for a respectable price from anyone besides ODOT?

Steve
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Not arguing there's an effort to acquire the mall and turn it into a market center. Just making it clear there is conspiracy between local media, the county, and brokers to hush up news of a sale already having taken place.

therondo
10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Not arguing there's an effort to acquire the mall and turn it into a market center. Just making it clear there is conspiracy between local media, the county, and brokers to hush up news of a sale already having taken place.

HAHAHA!!! thats a great laugh! This thread is jibberish!!!!! Eat that thunder and megax! You two are SOOOOO full of it!!!! Steve keep doin ur thing! i know you of all folks on here are reputable when it comes to matters of this nature!!!

Thunder
10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Thunder, I'm not going to be like all the other peeps around here (though I can see why some would be mad a lot in life) and call you a liar, so if you saw an article on the news about the Market Center, that's cool. What all did they say?

There wasn't one... If the people on here can make up stories about zombies, I can make one up about the news report. :-P

Steve
10-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Ahhh, prayers have finally been answered. KFOR broke the story of the Market Center with reliable sources. :-D

This pretty much sums up this entire thread. Thunder, I'm now adding you to my ignore list.

okclee
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I really missed this thread.

therondo
10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
There wasn't one... If the people on here can make up stories about zombies, I can make one up about the news report. :-P

Thats why everyone thinks your full of it. Everything you post is bs. Plain and simple, this whole thread might as well be classified as fiction!

lovokc
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Good point and there is no tunnel. There is a large storm shelter but no tunnel.

lovokc
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM

I agree with you there is no conspiracy between local media, the county, and brokers. But I am most hopeful about this Market Center. Does not the county records show the sale date of the other properties?

scootinger
10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Something is definately up around the mall.

The old Firestone building (I assume that's what it used to be), that is north of the JCP building, is being renovated. There is a port-a-potty out there, and everytime I've been to Toys R Us, or around the building, the garage is always open. So far, they have put in new garages.

Wonder what they're going to turn it into?

It was bought by a local calibration lab company several months ago. See article from Oklahoman (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/jcp_oklahoma-city-calibration-lab-buys-part-of-crossroads-mall-property-980643.html).

hipsterdoofus
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
This pretty much sums up this entire thread. Thunder, I'm now adding you to my ignore list.

I did that already - has been nice and quiet.

megax11
10-13-2010, 09:32 AM
It was bought by a local calibration lab company several months ago. See article from Oklahoman (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/jcp_oklahoma-city-calibration-lab-buys-part-of-crossroads-mall-property-980643.html).

Thanks for the heads up... Good to see someone being mature, instead of trolling and calling names.

Thunder, I thought you were being for real. Oh well, something is happening. We just have to wait it out.

EDIT: I find this interesting...

NewsOK, states the mall is still for sale when they contacted Price Edwards recently, but around the time my friend was offered a job at the new Market Center, NewsOK reports Price Edwards as saying this -

"The main mall property remains for sale, but Paul Ravencraft, a broker for Price Edwards & Co., said he expects a contract to be complete soon."

So which is it NewsOK? Contract to be complete soon, or still for sale? Looks like Price Edwards is giving the old rogering to NewsOK's backside, with giving the lack of accurate information to them, LOL!

*waits for someone to come spin this in NewsOK's defense.*

Those trolling me, I have this to leave ya with -

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/0//44/266/44266966_unsuccessful_troll.jpg

While Price Edwards is -

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

When it comes to flip-flopping their stories to NewsOK... Price Edwards is totally trolling NewsOK.

Here, I will predict the future...

Joe-Blow-Troll trolling Megax11: "Um, they could have just backed out at the last second, thus no contract or sale has taken place. Herp."

Wait for it.

Seriously... If people are trying to give info, and didn't even go down the stupid route, talking about Zombies and other stupid ****, maybe a thanks would be in order. Instead, I've been torn apart like there's no tomorrow. Not that it really bothers me. I can easily see why some of those attacking me would be mad in, or at life.

Thunder
10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Mega, I didn't leave a link, so it was an obvious joke back at those trolling this topic. It is quite funny how Steve finds it acceptable of them trolling, but lashes out at me. :-P

"a contract to be complete soon"

That statement itself suggests that something is in the works. I'd just say it was delayed somehow, but it is getting there.

okclee
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Any possibility that today's earthquake is connected to the Crossroads Mall underground tunnel?

Thunder
10-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Any possibility that today's earthquake is connected to the Crossroads Mall underground tunnel?

Negative. The quake was centered 6 miles east of Norman, around the Lake Thunderbird area. Would you like a map to see the distance in between these locations?

okclee
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I have heard rumors of the Crossroads Mall tunnels going for miles and miles. I think there could be a connection. Something is going on and we need you to investigate it, Thunder.

Matt
10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Thunder: Is there any truth to the rumors that today's earthquake was caused by your mother falling out of bed?

Kerry
10-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I have heard rumors of the Crossroads Mall tunnels going for miles and miles. I think there could be a connection. Something is going on and we need you to investigate it, Thunder.

Don't under-estimate zombie rage. They could turn into C.H.U.D's

There is nothing funnier than when Homer encountered CHUDs in New York City.

jn1780
10-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Sign has been erected at the mall saying "OKC Market Center Coming Soon" and this is totally exciting!

The zombie talk came after Thunder made this statement. Just saying......

megax11
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Mega, I didn't leave a link, so it was an obvious joke back at those trolling this topic. It is quite funny how Steve finds it acceptable of them trolling, but lashes out at me. :-P

"a contract to be complete soon"

That statement itself suggests that something is in the works. I'd just say it was delayed somehow, but it is getting there.

About them lashing out at who they think is trolling, while accepting the other forms of trolling, that is called hypocrisy.

When that dude from Price Edwards said a contract would be complete soon, that was around the time my friend was offered a job handling trade shows for the Market Center, so it does fall in line with what I've been saying all along.

I'm still getting a kick out of them saying the contract would be complete soon, but then they state recently to NewsOK (lol), that nothing has been sold.

PRICE EDWARDS BE TROLLING NEWSOK!

I don't think it's delayed. Any delay would be in the form of their timing of everything. I believe them when they say the mall is sold, and the contract signed off on. The timing in which the new mall owners do everything, is up to them.

Larry OKC
10-14-2010, 12:12 AM
About them lashing out at who they think is trolling, while accepting the other forms of trolling, that is called hypocrisy.

When that dude from Price Edwards said a contract would be complete soon, that was around the time my friend was offered a job handling trade shows for the Market Center, so it does fall in line with what I've been saying all along.

I'm still getting a kick out of them saying the contract would be complete soon, but then they state recently to NewsOK (lol), that nothing has been sold.

PRICE EDWARDS BE TROLLING NEWSOK!

I don't think it's delayed. Any delay would be in the form of their timing of everything. I believe them when they say the mall is sold, and the contract signed off on. The timing in which the new mall owners do everything, is up to them.

Mega, don't you understand, both of those are true statements. Until the contract has been finalized/approved/signed, nothing has been sold?

I was selling a car, but until I had the cash in hand and turned over the keys and we went and had the title transfered, it was still my car.

kevinpate
10-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Somewhere on Mount Trashmore, papers shifted in a slight breeze and a lone soul, standing on the CR parking prairie, had an Iowa Ray moment.

bombermwc
10-14-2010, 06:43 AM
So as I said weeks ago...this thing isn't actually started yet because why? Oh yeah, the mall hasn't actually been sold yet. Now, who was it that said it was and was a done deal? Oh yeah, Thunder.

I'm going to stick by checking the assesor's site. Contrary to what has been said here, I've always noticed that it's updated within a few days of a purchase....not only twice a year or something. All you have to do test that theory is find something near you that sold recently and see if it's posted. I'm going to bet it did because everytime there's a question about a transaction on this site, I check there and, voila, there's the new owner. Amazing how that works huh.

lovokc
10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=bombermwc;367160]So as I said weeks ago...this thing isn't actually started yet because why? Oh yeah, the mall hasn't actually been sold yet. Now, who was it that said it was and was a done deal? Oh yeah, Thunder.

You are right it would be posted within a few days or at least 2 weeks of CLOSING. But I believe it was business owners (Not Thunder) inside the mall that stated: (post #8 from Megax11 “She then told me the new name, and that it had a website, and the deal was sealed in blood either today or yesterday.”) I know this to be true because the lady working there told me the same thing.
What I don’t think some understand is just because a contract was signed "in blood" does not mean that the building was sold. This is why you sign a contract with a closing date. We all know that closing dates can have delays. When the building is sold (at closing) it will be on the county’s website.

megax11
10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=bombermwc;367160]So as I said weeks ago...this thing isn't actually started yet because why? Oh yeah, the mall hasn't actually been sold yet. Now, who was it that said it was and was a done deal? Oh yeah, Thunder.

You are right it would be posted within a few days or at least 2 weeks of CLOSING. But I believe it was business owners (Not Thunder) inside the mall that stated: (post #8 from Megax11 “She then told me the new name, and that it had a website, and the deal was sealed in blood either today or yesterday.”) I know this to be true because the lady working there told me the same thing.
What I don’t think some understand is just because a contract was signed "in blood" does not mean that the building was sold. This is why you sign a contract with a closing date. We all know that closing dates can have delays. When the building is sold (at closing) it will be on the county’s website.

See, what I've been saying all along, is that as a requisite for buying a toxic asset (doing the feds a favor), the buyers very well could have stated, "hey, I would like to keep this transaction hush-hush, because we have grand plans, and we want to surprise people." I'm sure even the county accessor would oblige, because again, a toxic asset is being sold off, so they would like to make the buying party happy, by fulfilling any small request.

Why I believe something like this is happening, is because my friend who was offered a job was told to be quiet about all of this. The person who told him to be quiet, was told to be quiet about about all of this as well.

We had been going months without knowing any of this, which means they wanted it to be a surprise situation, where they up and say, "surprise OKC Those who love Crossorads Mall have something to look forward to."

Of course all of this is an assumption and I don't claim to be right about everything. I do, however, see something like that happening, because this market center is a first of its kind in two areas.

1. Being the first market center in Oklahoma period, let alone Oklahoma City.

2. Being the first market center to be open to consumers (probably why some stores have remained with the mall).

Bunty
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Thunder: Is there any truth to the rumors that today's earthquake was caused by your mother falling out of bed?

How rude and thoughtless.

Matt
10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
How rude

Cut! It! Out!

hipsterdoofus
10-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Cut! It! Out!

+1

fokochang
10-14-2010, 02:49 PM
again, this thread is borderline retarded.

if the mods don't want to lock this, please make a sub forum for "cheap and useless banter for people who think devon tower will not have to pay for utilities because they are an energy company" or another appropriate name.

seriously, i log on here to find interesting things about the metro area, like updates on the boathouse, devon tower, etc, and the top thread is this crap.

okctalk is cheapened by this kind of pre-pubescent bs.

Midtowner
10-14-2010, 03:23 PM

if the mods don't want to lock this, please make a sub forum for "cheap and useless banter for people who think devon tower will not have to pay for utilities because they are an energy company" or another appropriate name.

seriously, i log on here to find interesting things about the metro area, like updates on the boathouse, devon tower, etc, and the top thread is this crap.

Cheapened, is it? If you go to message boards expecting only to find serious newsworthy stuff, then well.. you're doing the internet wrong.

That said, I'm fairly certain that before the County Assessor can report this transaction, the seller has to eradicate the zombie infestation from the tunnels under Crossroads. As an attorney, I can say that's fairly standard boilerplate stuff. Another possible holdup could be that they're waiting on an engineering report assuring the buyer that said tunnels are not responsible for the recent Earthquakes. Due diligence stuff. So other than zombies and earthquakes, this looks like a done deal.

The zombie thing might be tied up in the courts for awhile though. The courts are going to have to figure out 1) whether zombies retain enough human characteristics to be human and 2) whether these human characteristics are enough to make them current tenants at sufferance of the Crossroads tunnels. I expect the DOJ to get involved. The Dems could really use the zombie vote in Oklahoma, so if Obama's justice department could get that zombie vote, well, they'd at least be able to have a solid chance in Atoka County the next go-round. This could take years of litigation.. or if the zombies don't hire lawyers, we still have to get personal service on the zombies and initiate forcible entry and detainer proceedings. Like I said... this could really affect the closing date.

Why the secrecy? Obviously, if this wasn't secret, someone else would buy Crossroads Mall out from under these potential buyers (even with the potential zombie infestation and earthquake causing characteristics) and found their own market center... or possibly a Southside cultural center and spaceport. That's the word on the street anyway.

CuatrodeMayo
10-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Cheapened, is it? If you go to message boards expecting only to find serious newsworthy stuff, then well.. you're doing the internet wrong.

That said, I'm fairly certain that before the County Assessor can report this transaction, the seller has to eradicate the zombie infestation from the tunnels under Crossroads. As an attorney, I can say that's fairly standard boilerplate stuff. Another possible holdup could be that they're waiting on an engineering report assuring the buyer that said tunnels are not responsible for the recent Earthquakes. Due diligence stuff. So other than zombies and earthquakes, this looks like a done deal.

The zombie thing might be tied up in the courts for awhile though. The courts are going to have to figure out 1) whether zombies retain enough human characteristics to be human and 2) whether these human characteristics are enough to make them current tenants at sufferance of the Crossroads tunnels. I expect the DOJ to get involved. The Dems could really use the zombie vote in Oklahoma, so if Obama's justice department could get that zombie vote, well, they'd at least be able to have a solid chance in Atoka County the next go-round. This could take years of litigation.. or if the zombies don't hire lawyers, we still have to get personal service on the zombies and initiate forcible entry and detainer proceedings. Like I said... this could really affect the closing date.

Why the secrecy? Obviously, if this wasn't secret, someone else would buy Crossroads Mall out from under these potential buyers (even with the potential zombie infestation and earthquake causing characteristics) and found their own market center... or possibly a Southside cultural center and spaceport. That's the word on the street anyway.

/Win/

megax11
10-14-2010, 04:23 PM
How rude and thoughtless.

That was pretty childish.

megax11
10-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Hypocrisy at best, sir... I'm not the one who started retarded talk about zombies and crap. Why don't you start by lashing out at those who are retorting to an informative thread with baseless name calling and other derailment? Otherwise, if you pick or choose, then you might as well throw your comment into the hypocrisy/contradiction/double-standard pool.

This thread has useful information, it's just being derailed by trolls who want to believe they're always right, just because people are throwing them into a spin (Price Edwards associates stating two different stories to the same news outlet).

Quailsprings Landing (if that's the name), wasn't a BS topic, that continued its discussion on this forum despite the repeated fact the plans were cancelled.

See, something with Crossroads is actually being done... There hasn't been one talk of cancelled plans... the only thing people keep saying are, "please look forward to a future announcement - Price Edwards."

therondo
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Hypocrisy at best, sir... I'm not the one who started retarded talk about zombies and crap. Why don't you start by lashing out at those who are retorting to an informative thread with baseless name calling and other derailment? Otherwise, if you pick or choose, then you might as well throw your comment into the hypocrisy/contradiction/double-standard pool.

This thread has useful information, it's just being derailed by trolls who want to believe they're always right, just because people are throwing them into a spin (Price Edwards associates stating two different stories to the same news outlet).

Quailsprings Landing (if that's the name), wasn't a BS topic, that continued its discussion on this forum despite the repeated fact the plans were cancelled.

See, something with Crossroads is actually being done... There hasn't been one talk of cancelled plans... the only thing people keep saying are, "please look forward to a future announcement - Price Edwards."

:pat_head:It's funny, the fact that you call someone else childish megax, everything you and thunder have posted is heresay, and you haven't named ONE reliable or known source. You have nothing to back your claims, your posts have proven nothing but the fact that the two of you are nothing more than bumbling ignoramuses, as the majority of us know already.

Midtowner
10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Trollers be trollin'.

Haters be hatin'.

/thread.

Pete
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I think this thread has more than run it's course and things are getting too personal.

Start a new thread when there is some reliable information.