View Full Version : Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

SuperK
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
This thread is cracking me up!

I can tell you that there is not an underground tunnel spanning from the mall to Toys R Us. I know I know...it was a letdown for me too!

megax11
09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
*cough* AHEM!

Looks like this credible source, that is NewsOK, was WROOOOOOONG!

I never saw the sign, but some dumb news collumnist stating it was only a girl's dream, without even speaking to her, is nothing more than a pie in his face.

See... Even Price Edwards can be wrong.

jn1780
09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
*cough* AHEM!

Looks like this credible source, that is NewsOK, was WROOOOOOONG!

I never saw the sign, but some dumb news collumnist stating it was only a girl's dream, without even speaking to her, is nothing more than a pie in his face.

See... Even Price Edwards can be wrong.

This post is premature. Can anyone else confirm a sign? Thunder's history gives me reason to not trust him. I am willing to bet he was trying to be funny.

Jesseda
09-20-2010, 11:40 AM
then tell me why, do they have a long dark tunnel where they store the x-mas stuff and they have golf carts parked by the double swinging doors.. seen it go to the downstairs bathroom area, the long hall goes past the bathroom and past the double doors, its really long, p.s it is also where they stored the okc market place sign they took down today, and will put back up between 5!5 a.m to 5:45 a.m wensday and friday.

kevinpate
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I have it on good authority that said tunnel was originally designed to be an escape tunnel in case of a zombie outbreak.

I heard from a gas station attendant who used to harass the girlfriend of a part-time valley brook janitor that the tunnel was put in so the VB girls could slip in and out of frederick's easier.

Kerry
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I have it on good authority that said tunnel was originally designed to be an escape tunnel in case of a zombie outbreak.

Matt - stop spreading lies. It was built to escape giant spiders ala Eight Legged Freaks. All malls have them.

hsHT5oxh9Nk

megax11
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I am curious to know. What dreams?

Okay, these are the dreams I had.

One dream I was walking on the east side of the old Wards building. I was an adult, it felt very real. New cars, so I wasn't stuck in the 80's or 90's. The parking lot was filled to the brim with cars. I was trying to go inside. It was near dark outside. The exterior of the mall looked different, slightly.

Second dream I was walking toward the mall diagonally from what is right now, the messed up parking lot where people park sometimes to watch fireworks in valleybrook. As I was walking toward the part that is the north entrance to Macys, but is hollow underneath, I saw them making exterior renovations. I was able to peek into a doorway and see renovations happening on the inside. It was all closed off by black tarp on the inside, but I caught a glimpse from the outside.

Third dream was me outside of the north entrance into the main section of the mall. It had a different feel to it, was looking for my car. Again, the parking lot was filled with cars, new cars at that, so it wasn't some old image from my brain from back in the 80's or 90's.

I just recalled even more dreams right now, which I will share before I forget. I remember having a dream where I was looking at clothes in Dillards Crossroads, but the store looked different on the inside, but it was Crossroads, because I walked out and into Gamestop (which is still there). In that same dream, I walked over to the escelators near where Spencers used to be. It felt totally different inside. It was still brown, inside, but felt more modern and not like it was stuck in 1974. The mall felt more open. I went up the escelator and just looked around, knowing it had a totally different look to it.

Those were just other dreams outside of the main ones that stick with me, like -

Forth dream I was walking inside the north entrance of the mall, where Braums used to be. I looked at the stores, noticing they were all new, but every space was filled. The stores were divided by pillars, that looked really fancy. I looked at the floors and they were all redone. They were more modern and bright. The floors were white, with green in the middle of each section of 4 tiles.

I will say though, that even if the floors or pillars don't end up coming about, in dreams it could still be an interpretation that something new will be happening to the floors and walls.

Fifth dream I had, I was now in the middle of the mall. I was walking with a friend, I told him, "See. I told you my dream was real," referencing the dream I had (inside this dream which was odd), as I was walking up to one of the stores, showing him what I mentioned in the dream I had where the walls and floors looked different. In this dream, the mall felt really open, brown, but more modern. It was brighter in there and less gritty like the mall looks now.

All of these dreams were on seperate days, within the span of 2 years. So that was 5 seperate dreams in the span of 730 days. Each dream the mall was different than it looks now, but was the same in look (after renovation) in the dream.

grandshoemaster
09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I just seen a blimp flying over that verifies Crossroads becoming the OKC Market Center!:)

Swake2
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQruFMudruEnnOAc6_eHz8ZIi3oHKXF6 T_iTM1jFVeUIYwbyEo&t=1&usg=__4jBN4J_OrLSA45wnZSSHEiBWTVA=

jn1780
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I just seen a blimp flying over that verifies Crossroads becoming the OKC Market Center!:)

Does the blimp only come Mondays and Wednesdays for 45 minutes per day and when the blimp is not in operation they store it in the underground escape tunnel? :doh:

Matt
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
You guys go ahead and laugh all you want; oh sure, it's real funny. Wait'll you get trapped with a bunch of zombies in a mall that doesn't have a secret escape tunnel, and we'll see how funny you think it is then.

megax11
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Sometimes I wished zombies were real. It'd be fun to dodge them and like push them over and stuff. I want one to look at me and say, "brains," so I can laugh at it. :P

jn1780
09-20-2010, 12:16 PM
You guys go ahead and laugh all you want; it's real funny. Wait'll you get trapped with a bunch of zombies in a mall that doesn't have a secret escape tunnel, and we'll see how funny you think it is then.

Screw tunnels, I'm taking the blimp!

Swake2
09-20-2010, 12:18 PM
It’s not a mall anymore! It’s a Wholesale Marketplace! The deal is sealed in blood, or something…..

Anyway, zombies only shop retail.

Please pay closer attention before posting.

Kerry
09-20-2010, 12:20 PM
You guys go ahead and laugh all you want; oh sure, it's real funny. Wait'll you get trapped with a bunch of zombies in a mall that doesn't have a secret escape tunnel, and we'll see how funny you think it is then.

Ummm - Rule #1 in a zombie attack is Cardio.

kBuD274GAig

KM9kPPDPtWU

megax11
09-20-2010, 12:20 PM
I just hope the mall atmosphere remains. I want to know why they decided to let consumers shop as if it's regular retail, when other market centers only tailor to business owners?

jn1780
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
It’s not a mall anymore! It’s a Wholesale Marketplace! The deal is sealed in blood, or something…..

I don't know, if its sealed in blood that means we have to worry about vampires. Doesn't sound that much better.

Kerry
09-20-2010, 12:27 PM

A zombie wouldn't be caught dead paying retail. I always figured them for the "smash and grab" types anyhow.

Swake2
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
But, you forget that Zombies have limited dexterity. Items sold for wholesale are often packed oddly for shipping and can be difficult to get into. Retail off the rack is much easier on Zombies to smash and grab.

Good point on the Vampires.

Kerry
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
But, you forget that Zombies have limited dexterity. Items sold for wholesale are often packed oddly for shipping and can be difficult to get into. Retail off the rack is much easier on Zombies to smash and grab.

Good point - maybe zombies would be caught dead paying retail.

Jesseda
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
well zombies only go to places they frequented when they where human ( according to dawn of the dead remake movie), so, for the past decade crossroads has been a ghost town, so i think that would be the safest place in case of a zombie attack!!! my own opinion of course

Matt
09-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Good point - maybe zombies would be caught undead paying retail.

Fixed.

kevinpate
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Sometimes I wished zombies were real. It'd be fun to dodge them and like push them over and stuff. I want one to look at me and say, "brains," so I can laugh at it. :P

FWIW, I'm thinking that's a real unlikely scenario.

plmccordj
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
There is no sign. I live fairly close to the mall so I took my camera over there and drove around the mall four times and then up to every door. I even went inside and there is no sign.

kevinpate
09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
There is no sign. I live fairly close to the mall so I took my camera over there and drove around the mall four times and then up to every door. I even went inside and there is no sign.

Danged zombies! They musta stole the sign! Yeah, that's probably the only sound explanation. Grrrrr, I hates zombies.

Swake2
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
FWIW, I'm thinking that's a real unlikely scenario.

Tell the truth, is it really that much more unlikely than what this whole thread is about?

Jesseda
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
The sign is in the tunnel, find the tunnel and then you will have your answer, be careful for the old zombie mall security, they move as fast as a turtle!

plmccordj
09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Funny you mention mall security because they chewed me out for taking pictures in the mall. They told me to go to the office downstairs and that it has always been illegal to take pictures inside the mall. I took about a dozen photos before he yelled at me.

Swake2
09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
The sign is in the tunnel, find the tunnel and then you will have your answer, be careful for the old zombie mall security, they move as fast as a turtle!

Coming this summer from M. Night Shyamalan

jn1780
09-20-2010, 01:51 PM

Oh no! Mall security took your sign down Thunder. You better put up another one!

lovokc
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Okay, these are the dreams I had.

One dream I was walking on the east side of the old Wards building. I was an adult, it felt very real. New cars, so I wasn't stuck in the 80's or 90's. The parking lot was filled to the brim with cars. I was trying to go inside. It was near dark outside. The exterior of the mall looked different, slightly.

Second dream I was walking toward the mall diagonally from what is right now, the messed up parking lot where people park sometimes to watch fireworks in valleybrook. As I was walking toward the part that is the north entrance to Macys, but is hollow underneath, I saw them making exterior renovations. I was able to peek into a doorway and see renovations happening on the inside. It was all closed off by black tarp on the inside, but I caught a glimpse from the outside.

Third dream was me outside of the north entrance into the main section of the mall. It had a different feel to it, was looking for my car. Again, the parking lot was filled with cars, new cars at that, so it wasn't some old image from my brain from back in the 80's or 90's.

I just recalled even more dreams right now, which I will share before I forget. I remember having a dream where I was looking at clothes in Dillards Crossroads, but the store looked different on the inside, but it was Crossroads, because I walked out and into Gamestop (which is still there). In that same dream, I walked over to the escelators near where Spencers used to be. It felt totally different inside. It was still brown, inside, but felt more modern and not like it was stuck in 1974. The mall felt more open. I went up the escelator and just looked around, knowing it had a totally different look to it.

Those were just other dreams outside of the main ones that stick with me, like -

Forth dream I was walking inside the north entrance of the mall, where Braums used to be. I looked at the stores, noticing they were all new, but every space was filled. The stores were divided by pillars, that looked really fancy. I looked at the floors and they were all redone. They were more modern and bright. The floors were white, with green in the middle of each section of 4 tiles.

I will say though, that even if the floors or pillars don't end up coming about, in dreams it could still be an interpretation that something new will be happening to the floors and walls.

Fifth dream I had, I was now in the middle of the mall. I was walking with a friend, I told him, "See. I told you my dream was real," referencing the dream I had (inside this dream which was odd), as I was walking up to one of the stores, showing him what I mentioned in the dream I had where the walls and floors looked different. In this dream, the mall felt really open, brown, but more modern. It was brighter in there and less gritty like the mall looks now.

All of these dreams were on seperate days, within the span of 2 years. So that was 5 seperate dreams in the span of 730 days. Each dream the mall was different than it looks now, but was the same in look (after renovation) in the dream.

Interesting... Do you have other dreams about othe topics?

megax11
09-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Interesting... Do you have other dreams about othe topics?

I have tons of realistic feeling dreams, which are usually the ones that come true.

A girl I met in 2001, at my modeling agency, I saw in a dream in 1999 or 2000 (can't remember which year).

Before my third kid was born, I had a dream I was playing with my newest child, a girl, on my bed. When we go to see what the baby is, the doctor asks me, "what do you think it'll be?" I said, "a girl. 100%." Sure enough it was. Later on I was playing with her in my bed, tickling her, and a deja'vu kicked in.

I've had dreams that could come true, but they're bad, so I am keeping them from coming true. I think those dreams were more of warnings to help me avert tragic situations.

I think this gift, isn't the kind of gift I exploit. Rather, it's there for odd reasons or some reasons that can be beneficial. People are known to have this gift, but can't exploit it in bad ways. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to, because if it is a gift, I don't want to do the wrong things with it. I want to use it to help people with info about our surroundings, or help people avert tragedy.

Just my take anyway.

plmccordj
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Not that I want to get sucked into the crowd that sees zobies or anything but when I went to find the sign earlier today, the security guard came to tell me I cannot take pictures in the mall and that I would have to go down to the mall office for permission. I stopped to tell him why I was there. I told them that I read an article on OKCTalk.com saying that the mall was being turned into the OKC Market Center. His response to me was that it had not happened yet. You can take that for what it is worth but I do not take it with any credibility at all for this reason.

It has been my personal experience that employees are not told anything when it comes to the future possible sales. Employees in my experience are usually more in the dark than the general public. I think they purposely do not tell the average employee information like this because many times the employee may be disgruntled and just looking for an opportunity to go to the local television station. It is this reason that I am very skeptical when I hear someone say that an employee told them something that has not been announced in the news. Believe me when I say that I hope this happens and am watching to see if there is any credibility to the claim. I also understand that odds are that it is not true until we hear something official.

lovokc
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I have tons of realistic feeling dreams, which are usually the ones that come true.

A girl I met in 2001, at my modeling agency, I saw in a dream in 1999 or 2000 (can't remember which year).

Before my third kid was born, I had a dream I was playing with my newest child, a girl, on my bed. When we go to see what the baby is, the doctor asks me, "what do you think it'll be?" I said, "a girl. 100%." Sure enough it was. Later on I was playing with her in my bed, tickling her, and a deja'vu kicked in.

I've had dreams that could come true, but they're bad, so I am keeping them from coming true. I think those dreams were more of warnings to help me avert tragic situations.

I think this gift, isn't the kind of gift I exploit. Rather, it's there for odd reasons or some reasons that can be beneficial. People are known to have this gift, but can't exploit it in bad ways. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to, because if it is a gift, I don't want to do the wrong things with it. I want to use it to help people with info about our surroundings, or help people avert tragedy.

Just my take anyway.

I have similar experiences myself. Wow a modeling agency how exciting! Is it big business here in OKC? How did you tap into that business?

megax11
09-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Not that I want to get sucked into the crowd that sees zobies or anything but when I went to find the sign earlier today, the security guard came to tell me I cannot take pictures in the mall and that I would have to go down to the mall office for permission. I stopped to tell him why I was there. I told them that I read an article on OKCTalk.com saying that the mall was being turned into the OKC Market Center. His response to me was that it had not happened yet. You can take that for what it is worth but I do not take it with any credibility at all for this reason.

It has been my personal experience that employees are not told anything when it comes to the future possible sales. Employees in my experience are usually more in the dark than the general public. I think they purposely do not tell the average employee information like this because many times the employee may be disgruntled and just looking for an opportunity to go to the local television station. It is this reason that I am very skeptical when I hear someone say that an employee told them something that has not been announced in the news. Believe me when I say that I hope this happens and am watching to see if there is any credibility to the claim. I also understand that odds are that it is not true until we hear something official.

See, I can agree with this. However, a merchant at the mall knew about the website and the sale, before any of us could even guess something was happening. Not all mall merchants/security knows about it, but some do.

People used to be able to take pics inside the mall, but for some reason they're not able to now? I find that odd.

Lovokc. It was just a small time deal back around 2000-2004. I stopped doing it though, so I could focus on my screenwriting career.

Jesseda
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
did you hear about that one guy who bought that one thing, then people found out the thing wasnt bought but one person seen a sign and that one thing had a long dark mystery area to it that might hold the key to all the answers or it might hold the key to the end of civilization as we know it..... you have to read the book to know how it ends

megax11
09-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I want to say I have been in the hallways of Crossroads before, but they're just hallways behind stores that lead outside.

Jesseda you say there is a hallway that actually goes downward, as if going under the foundation of the mall, and it's near Penneys?

kevinpate
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
... I stopped doing it though, so I could focus on my screenwriting career.

Perhaps tis true what they say, practice makes perfect when it comes to screen writing.
Luck with that.

megax11
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Perhaps tis true what they say, practice makes perfect when it comes to screen writing.
Luck with that.

Someone is willing to buy one of my scripts I sent them, they just want me to change a few scenes. I am in the process of doing that.

You know what's funny? You don't even have to be a good writer to sell stories. If you ever saw the Lethal Weapon 4 script, it is full of one word sentences, back to back. They say in Hollywood, "the stories sell, not the way the script is written."

It's just odd to know that people can get paid millions and have bad writing skills. If they tell a good story, however, that's what matters to Hollywood.

I can't wait to get this one I'm revising, back into the hands of the agent that requested those changes, so I can get my stories up on the big screen.

Thanks for the wish of luck.

Jesseda
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
okay i was told a tunnel stretched all the was close to toysrus, i am assuming its the one i saw close to pennies, its between two stores close to where the cookie company use to be or still is, ans around the coffee bean store that was there in 2000 or is it still there? but the doors to the tunnel ( rumored ) is around there the doors opened when i was there and it looked deep couldnt see the end the lights where really dimm, but i know x-mas decor is stored there along with other mall stuff.. i was told thats where the tunnel is at

Swake2
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Someone is willing to buy one of my scripts I sent them, they just want me to change a few scenes. I am in the process of doing that.

You know what's funny? You don't even have to be a good writer to sell stories. If you ever saw the Lethal Weapon 4 script, it is full of one word sentences, back to back. They say in Hollywood, "the stories sell, not the way the script is written."

It's just odd to know that people can get paid millions and have bad writing skills. If they tell a good story, however, that's what matters to Hollywood.

I can't wait to get this one I'm revising, back into the hands of the agent that requested those changes, so I can get my stories up on the big screen.

Thanks for the wish of luck.

Did they ask you fix your grammatical errors? I'm thinking you don't have an English degree.

ljbab728
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
okay i was told a tunnel stretched all the was close to toysrus, i am assuming its the one i saw close to pennies, its between two stores close to where the cookie company use to be or still is, ans around the coffee bean store that was there in 2000 or is it still there? but the doors to the tunnel ( rumored ) is around there the doors opened when i was there and it looked deep couldnt see the end the lights where really dimm, but i know x-mas decor is stored there along with other mall stuff.. i was told thats where the tunnel is at

There may be an underground storage area but I find the tunnel idea a little difficult to believe. It would have had to have been built when the mall was being built and there weren't any out building areas for a tunnel to go to at that time. If it had been built at a later date, it would have been very obvious to anyone if the parking lot was being dug up for a tunnel and I used to shop there regularly and certainly never noticed anything like that.

lovokc
09-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Why not call the mall and ask them about it?

lovokc
09-20-2010, 10:48 PM

Why not call the mall and ask them about it?

megax11
09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Did they ask you fix your grammatical errors? I'm thinking you don't have an English degree.

They did not ask me to fix my grammar. They actually told me it was well written, but I had to change a few scenes. :)

Thunder
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
They did not ask me to fix my grammar. They actually told me it was well written, but I had to change a few scenes. :)

Change to sex scenes? Must be a juicy film. ^_^

Kerry
09-21-2010, 05:46 AM
nm

Jesseda
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
I hear the title is called .....300,000 the rise of the southside, of course it will be in english and spanish

okclee
09-21-2010, 08:55 AM
This is one of the strangest discussions I have ever read at okctalk. Good discussion and entertaining, but strange.

megax11
09-21-2010, 09:07 AM
This is one of the strangest discussions I have ever read at okctalk. Good discussion and entertaining, but strange.

We aim to please. :)

No sex scenes in any of my movies. I believe films can be made without need for nudity or sex.

300,000? That sounds like a sequel to 300. I can see it now.

Northsider: "This is madness."
Southsider: "THIS IS SOUTHSIDE!"

*kicks northsider off of a bridge*

Swake2
09-21-2010, 09:22 AM
You know, I’m really not buying the whole screenwriter bit either. I went to high school with two people that are now successful screen writers. Both have actually won Emmys. And both have English degrees from top Universities (Yale and Northwestern) and neither is going constantly butcher the English language the way that you do.

What exactly is it that you have written?

Jesseda
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I was just hired to play the one of the mall security zombies for 300,000 rise of southside. im security zombie #4, they will set to film in about 3 days, once they figure out where to put the secret large okc marketplace sign thats is blocking the hidden tunnel. OH Expect a sequel if quail springs mall declines, called . Stuck up zombies, revenge of the northsiders, the only place safe to hide from the zombies in the sequels is old paris flea market

Thunder
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
We aim to please. :)

No sex scenes in any of my movies. I believe films can be made without need for nudity or sex.

300,000? That sounds like a sequel to 300. I can see it now.

Northsider: "This is madness."
Southsider: "THIS IS SOUTHSIDE!"

*kicks northsider off of a bridge*

Nothing wrong with nudity. Lord know we need more male frontal nudity these days! :-O It's always the females...rarely a good shot of a dude. :-(

Jesseda, you can be a kid all you want on here, but when the time comes, you'll be standing around with a limp -censored- admitting defeat.

Jesseda
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Whats funny is you called me a kid, when you are the one name calling... lol..

Thunder
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Whats funny is you called me a kid, when you are the one name calling... lol..

Just stating fact judging your latest posts about the potential positive change for OKC.

Jesseda
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
common, its funny, im all for crossroads getting business, I have nothing against northsiders, i knew posting about that would get northsidess all worked up :)

megax11
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
You know, I’m really not buying the whole screenwriter bit either. I went to high school with two people that are now successful screen writers. Both have actually won Emmys. And both have English degrees from top Universities (Yale and Northwestern) and neither is going constantly butcher the English language the way that you do.

Give me an example, please. Take one of my posts and show me where I wasn't writing correctly.

I guess everyone on Twitter butchers the english language, as well... The internet isn't serious business. I'm not here to please anyone with correct writing, but I would like to see what I did wrong, just for fun.

Oh and if you think people can't get paid to write a messy script, look at this.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/Lethal_Weapon_4.pdf

Yeah. Tell your friends who won emmy's, that they're trying too hard when they don't need to. Stories sell screenplays.

Here is what the agent told me via email -

"This screenplay features an interesting premise and some epic action sequences that could look incredible on screen. You have clearly put considerable thought into your world, and it feel thoroughly rich and fascinating. You also have a clear ear for action, and have written some clever action scenes and battles. The screenplay also features an interesting and diverse cast of characters and feels mythic and epic."

Notice he misspelt "feel?" He should have put an "s" there. Imagine that...

Here's another -

"The screenplay is very well written."

I don't know. Despite the agent misspelling a word, and having a lack of proper punctuation, I would believe him the professional over some random Joe on the internet. You have friends out there winning Emmy's, not you.

I would like to see you quote one of my posts, and show me where I was butchering the language and how.

EDIT: Hey Thunder? Where was that sign located? I went by there and didn't see it. We're you just joking?

Jesseda
09-21-2010, 11:23 AM
as long as i have a role in the movie megax11, im all for it.

Kerry
09-21-2010, 11:27 AM

I would buy that if I didn't see movie after movie and TV show after TV show butchering the English language every day. Take a look at most scripts, they are not works of literary genius. Someone with an English degree is probably over qualified.

Here are the first two scenes from Jaws. Great movie but basic dialogue

BEACH
Cassidy: What's your name again?
Chrissie Watkins: Chrissie!
Cassidy: Where are we going?
Chrissie: Swimming!
Cassidy: Slow up, slow down! I'm not drunk! Slow down! Wait I'm coming! I'm
coming! I'm definitely
coming! Wait, slow up! I can swim -- just can't walk or dress myself.
Chrissie: Come on in the water!
Cassidy: Take it easy. Take it easy.
Chrissie: Oh! God help me! God! Argh! God help!
Cassidy: I'm coming... I'm coming.
Chrissie: It hurts! It hurts! Oh my god! God help me! God please help!

BRODY'S HOUSE
Martin Brody: How come the sun didn't use to shine in here.
Ellen Brody: We bought the house in the fall, this is summer.
Ellen: Somebody feed the dogs, huh?
Martin: Right.
Ellen: See the kids?
Martin: They must be in the backyard.
Ellen: In Amity, you say: yahd.
Martin: There in the yahd, not too fah from the cah. How's that?
Ellen: Like your from New York.
Michael Brody: Mom I got cut, I got bit by a vampire.
Martin: You guys were playing on those swings. Weren't -[Phone rings] Stay
off them, I haven't fixed them yet!
Ellen: I think you're gonna live.
Martin: Hello, yeah ---- what the hell do they usually do, wash up or float
or what? Ah nah, nah, nah keep him there. Keep him there, I'll be out in
about fifteen... fifteen, twenty minutes. All right. Okay. Gotta go, missing
person. season hasn't started nobody's even here yet.
Ellen: Listen chief, be careful will ya?
Martin: In this town? --- Hey!
Ellen: David, lemme get on. I want my cup back!
Martin: You'll get it
Ellen: Okay. Wave good-bye. Bye!

megax11
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
I would buy that if I didn't see movie after movie and TV show after TV show butchering the English language every day. Take a look at most scripts, they are not works of literary genius. Someone with an English degree is probably over qualified.

Here are the first two scenes from Jaws. Great movie but basic dialogue

Exactly... Swake has no idea that those who want to butcher scripts, can still get them sold, as long as they're good stories.

When an agent tells me, however, that my screenplay is "very well written," I am going to take his word for it. It can't be worse than Lethal Weapon 4's script, which suffers from endless one-word sentences.

The guy got paid 1 million plus to write that script.

The agent wants to me to have the protagonist hit if off with a female he grew up with. I was trying to break the tired cliche of the good guy always getting the girl. I guess, though, that they want everything to be the same as previous movies before it.

EDIT: To answer the person who asked what I have written before. I have written a -

- Horror/comedy
- Drama
- Action/adventure (the one the agent likes)
- comedy

I am in the process of writing another action film, and I have my own trilogy in the works.

EDIT: I would still love for someone to take one of my posts, that didn't look rushed, and show me where I had misspellings and inproper use of punctuation.