View Full Version : “America’s most sex-happy city”

circuitboard
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Men's health ranks OKC at #8 and Tulsa at #38.... Tulsa is less whorish...lol

This was based off Condom sales, birth rates, std rates and sex toy sales.

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/metrograde-sex/index.php?cm_mmc=MagURL-_-Oct2010-_-metrogrades-_-sexhappycities

dmoor82
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Weird not to see Las Vegas or Miami in The top ten!but Vegas is more of a hit it and quit it kinda town!and Billings,Montana at #11!

Dustin
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
lol austin is number 1.... ohh the jokes that could be made..

Spartan
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
The idea of fit and young Austin having a lot of sex is not nearly as disturbing as the idea of morbidly obese OKC having a lot of sex..

Platemaker
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
You really are an OKC hater lately, Spartan. :)

betts
09-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Actually, I made an interesting observation on Saturday. I was at the OU game and I noticed there really weren't many obese people at the game, especially compared with how many you see at the mall and, not surprisingly, at fast food restaurants. I'm not really sure why that's the case, but it was striking, actually. So, there are some non-morbidly obese people in Oklahoma, and Spartan, you can imagine them having sex instead:)

kevinpate
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
The idea of fit and young Austin having a lot of sex is not nearly as disturbing as the idea of morbidly obese OKC having a lot of sex..

Hmmmm, some might ponder whether this helps explain our increase in quake reports.

Dustin
09-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm, some might ponder whether this helps explain our increase in quake reports.

HA! I lol'd

Bunty
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Actually, I made an interesting observation on Saturday. I was at the OU game and I noticed there really weren't many obese people at the game, especially compared with how many you see at the mall and, not surprisingly, at fast food restaurants. I'm not really sure why that's the case, but it was striking, actually. So, there are some non-morbidly obese people in Oklahoma, and Spartan, you can imagine them having sex instead:)

That's simiplyl because most college kids aren't fat.

ljbab728
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
That's simiplyl because most college kids aren't fat.

Bunty, that makes me wonder how many games you've been to in Norman. College kids aren't in the majority by far. If everyone enrolled at OU was at the game it would be less than one third of the total.

Thunder
09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
This appears that I am not alone enjoying the thrills of my youth. :-O

jmarkross
09-14-2010, 05:37 AM

Easy answer here...the damn CLIMB up the seats to row 72!!! Heart Attack City going up those babies...

jmarkross
09-14-2010, 05:38 AM
A bit off topic--but--when you have time--see where you are more likely to be burglarized...Los Angeles or OKC...startling...

stick47
09-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Not an accurate survey by any means. I bet Okc made the list only because of the truck traffic passing through the state.

bombermwc
09-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Maybe they figured if we has bus stop benches talking about the herpaghonacyphilaids, that well we must be some sexy bitches here.

okcpulse
09-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Well sheesh, let's all just forget about the 70% of Oklahoma City's population who is NOT morbidly obese. I think they deserve some credit. Thank you very much for running Oklahoma City into the ground.

BBatesokc
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
This appears that I am not alone enjoying the thrills of my youth. :-O

We would hope not...... it'll make you go blind!

CuatrodeMayo
09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh snap...a jerk-off joke, Master Bates?

adaniel
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Well sheesh, let's all just forget about the 70% of Oklahoma City's population who is NOT morbidly obese. I think they deserve some credit. Thank you very much for running Oklahoma City into the ground.

Ya know, for our city to be filled with such a huge amount of fatties--and yes we do have our share---I've always been impressed with how women here keep themselves up. Maybe its that "southern belle" thing going on? Of course if you hang out at the local Wally World, you won't find many supermodels, but that's true everywhere.

Kokopelli
09-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Those watching the game on Tv probably come away with a different prospective as the fan shots continually featured the same section containg not one but two rather hefty duds. I couldn't help but wonder if the bigger of the two had forced to buy 2 tickets.

OKCisOK4me
09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Oh snap...a jerk-off joke, Master Bates?

You may be too young but in the movie The Toy with Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason, Gleason's character's name was Master Bates!

Thunder
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
We would hope not...... it'll make you go blind!

There are still places where you don't go to video people in action.:-)

Spartan
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
I think people in Norman obviously live a healthier lifestyle than the majority of folks in OKC, and of course, we all know that virtually all OU fans are virtually perfect physical specimens--so there's another phenomenon on your side in that case.

CuatrodeMayo
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
En"light"ened, indeed.

Doug Loudenback
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Quaker reports, maybe. Quake reports, probably not.

CaseyCornett
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Hahaha, thank you for that, Spartan.

Laramie
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Listen Spartan, "Thin may be in; but baby fats where it's at!"

Sad to see Oklahoma City in the top ten on this list.

It just confirms my suspicions:

Oklahoma City Is A wHOre!

Thunder
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Laramie, there is nothing wrong with having sex.

dismayed
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Looks like the main things that got us to the top of that list are high birth rates and high STD rates. Not sure that OKC is having more sex than its neighbor cities or is just having more unsafe sex.

circuitboard
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Looks like the main things that got us to the top of that list are high birth rates and high STD rates. Not sure that OKC is having more sex than its neighbor cities or is just having more unsafe sex.

It included condom sales as well.....

Architect2010
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Actually, it seemed some of our peer cities are on that list and they have about the same STD rate as OKC, minus a few more or less ranks. Denver had a worse STD rate than us, and Indianapolis was well below ours, Austin was not much better. It seems "unsafe sex" is more of a widespread problem and is not just conclusive to OKC.

Stan Silliman
09-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Testicles! Or rather, lack thereof.
Probably the reason Austin is so "sex-happy."
When the athletic symbol of your town is a steer... or as we like saying, an emasculated bull, you might value the family jewels just a little more
You come closer to realizing... they don't last forever... might even get lost
You're more likely to USE IT or LOSE IT

Condom sales, STDs, pregnancy rates, the factors propelling Austin into # 1... all depends on your testicles

Mountain Oysters are the difference between a bull and a steer.
Nowhere is that fact more prominent that on the sad, fore lorn face of poor Bevo.

MightyHorse
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Laramie, there is nothing wrong with having sex.

Leviticus 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

ljbab728
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I think people in Norman obviously live a healthier lifestyle than the majority of folks in OKC, and of course, we all know that virtually all OU fans are virtually perfect physical specimens--so there's another phenomenon on your side in that case.

Spartan, you've described me perfectly. (Except for that little heart attack I had a few years ago, LOL.)

circuitboard
09-14-2010, 11:04 PM
leviticus 20:13: if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

wtf?

Thunder
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Leviticus 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

The word Abomination during such time in the past meant Different. It was something that they did not understand and it was just different to them. Time has changed, education is available, and people are aware of Homosexuality being natural. Unfortunately, the Bible don't keep up with the times. The Bible is a very old text written from so many years ago. We can say to you, MightyHorse, "Duh! The time of the past was filled with uneducated humans lacking the capabilities to understand nature, medical, and many other things."

Thunder
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Double post.

jmarkross
09-15-2010, 03:52 AM
The word Abomination during such time in the past meant Different. It was something that they did not understand and it was just different to them. Time has changed, education is available, and people are aware of Homosexuality being natural. Unfortunately, the Bible don't keep up with the times. The Bible is a very old text written from so many years ago. We can say to you, MightyHorse, "Duh! The time of the past was filled with uneducated humans lacking the capabilities to understand nature, medical, and many other things."

Always fascinating how liberals think ANYONE who disagrees with them is UNEDUCATED...it is merely a different point of view--the VERY THING liberals foam at the mouth about--and UNIVERSALLY DENY to anyone but themselves--with them as the sole and unequivocal arbiters of when to apply this rule...

jmarkross
09-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Spartan, you've described me perfectly. (Except for that little heart attack I had a few years ago, LOL.)

There is a reason for the term...NORMANIACS...

Thunder
09-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Always fascinating how liberals think ANYONE who disagrees with them is UNEDUCATED...it is merely a different point of view--the VERY THING liberals foam at the mouth about--and UNIVERSALLY DENY to anyone but themselves--with them as the sole and unequivocal arbiters of when to apply this rule...

It is fascinating how you forget that I am a Republican.

jmarkross
09-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Even more fascinating is--you speak in dimmycrat dogma--then say you are Republican...ever watch PBS at 6am?--and see how many people claim they are leaving the R. Party...and then give away their true stripes with their vernacular? In military jargon--this would be a feint. It does take a number of years on this 'big ball' to understand the value and sense the presence of...misinformation.....

redrunner
09-15-2010, 03:49 PM

You mean a Log Cabin Republican

Bunty
09-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Leviticus 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. Big deal. Heterosexuals were also expected to sexually behave properly or else be put to death.

Bunty
09-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Always fascinating how liberals think ANYONE who disagrees with them is UNEDUCATED...it is merely a different point of view--the VERY THING liberals foam at the mouth about--and UNIVERSALLY DENY to anyone but themselves--with them as the sole and unequivocal arbiters of when to apply this rule...Well, do you agree with the point of view that people in today's world need to go back to living life the Old Testament way?

scootinger
09-17-2010, 08:20 PM
This is an example of why we need to get this "abstinence-only" sex ed crap out of our schools. It doesn't take reality into account.

Bunty
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah, it doesn't take much sense to know if you don't want to be responsible for a baby or get VD, simply don't indulge in unprotected sex.

Stan Silliman
09-18-2010, 09:23 AM
If you don't mind a couple of NSFW photos here's a link to my article in the Lost Ogle: LINK (http://www.thelostogle.com/)

jmarkross
09-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, do you agree with the point of view that people in today's world need to go back to living life the Old Testament way?

I suppose this is an example of why one really cannot "get through" to the left-wing human...EVERY response is a "knee-jerk" extreme answer in the opposite direction...which--in their opinion--will slam shut any possibility of reasoned conversation. I have seen it all my life, and is why I find most on the left pointless to converse with...if you do not agree 100% with them, you are a stupid, uneducated, brainless and useless person. I suspect we will be hearing less from them for this reason--and very soon.

kevinpate
09-18-2010, 02:39 PM
The OT includes the notion that shellfish = bad.
Perhaps I'm damned, but as they so very clearly got that wrong, I concede I never really dug much deeper to see what else in the OT might be wrong.
FWIW, shellfish = Heaven

jmarkross
09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
The OT includes the notion that shellfish = bad.
Perhaps I'm damned, but as they so very clearly got that wrong, I concede I never really dug much deeper to see what else in the OT might be wrong.
FWIW, shellfish = Heaven

I rest my case....

Bunty
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I suppose this is an example of why one really cannot "get through" to the left-wing human...EVERY response is a "knee-jerk" extreme answer in the opposite direction...which--in their opinion--will slam shut any possibility of reasoned conversation. I have seen it all my life, and is why I find most on the left pointless to converse with...if you do not agree 100% with them, you are a stupid, uneducated, brainless and useless person. I suspect we will be hearing less from them for this reason--and very soon.
LOL, The above could have simply been answered with a YES or NO. And after all of the above the question still wasn't answered one way or the other. Anyway, what a very, very, strange non-answer. No doubt, some people on here need to get a life.

jmarkross
09-18-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL, The above could have simply been answered with a YES or NO. And after all of the above the question still wasn't answered one way or the other. Anyway, what a very, very, strange non-answer. No doubt, some people on here need to get a life.

Self-evaluation is laudable...and you should be commended...as one who shows up here 24/7...I vote for you as the likely candidate...