View Full Version : Diva's Puppy Hunt

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me,I am looking for anyone that knows a breeder or someone that has any Maltese puppies.I prefer a female I am willing to pay for a purebred.I really am now worried about whether it is AKC or ACA because I am not going to be showing her.If anyone knows anyone please PM me or send them my way or if I could just get thier info that would be great!

Thanks,DD:please:

Karried
03-05-2005, 12:13 PM
These might be good places to start:

http://www.doggies.com/Maltese/Oklahoma

http://adopt-a-maltese.1-800-save-a-pet.com/

http://www.petwalk.com/shelters/rescue_organizations.htm

mranderson
03-05-2005, 12:31 PM
When choosing a pure bred, I always go AKC. Although a pet, an AKC registered dog is much more valuble, and will comand a higher price tag for the puppies if you choose to breed her.

You also have Westminster which is more prestigious, but also carries a much higher price tag. Either way, I would go one of the two kennel clubs. The only disatvantages is your dog may be self cetered. Registered dogs have a habit of doing that.

Karried
03-05-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.breeders.net/breeder/137725

This might be something,
Maltese Rowland Hills
Betty
Cushing, OK 74023
(918) 225-0431
Services: Puppies

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks Everyone ,

This is a great start for me I have looked in the Daily oklahoman for the past week and it seems th emales are dominating the metro LOL.Anyway I will keep on hunting I know she is out there!

DarlingDiva:yourock:

kielaaron
03-06-2005, 10:05 PM
do people not adopt anymore? i have all these friends paying up to $1200 for pure breeds that are naturally insane and out of control!

i recently adopted a maltese-miniature pinscher from a local woman, and am so glad i gave a doomed pet a good home. i'm not an animal activist by any means, i just don't understand paying hundreds of dollars to create more animals when there's obviously a pet overpopulation.

i mean no offense... i'm just wondering how one makes the pure-bred choice.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I wanted to thank everyone for the help we have found ournew baby .We love him to pieces and he is the cutest baby ever!I am posting his pic in the Photos section.By the way Kiel what the hell is your problem???Take your pet crusade somewhere else!Im not telling you to adopt your children instead of having your own So get off me!

Darling:Smiley063 Diva

kielaaron
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Again, sorry! :( I didn't mean to offend, it's just a question I've had for a while... I wasn't on a crusade, just being inqusitive! :)

Congrats on your new baby. I see his name is Jackson - how old is he? Our little twerp is 14 weeks old and is a friggin squirrel! I swear, I've become one of those doating parents that I swore I'd never be: "...Grover did this, Grover said that..."

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-10-2005, 02:52 PM
He is 7 weeks and I just wanted to say that for me I would rather not take a chance on a dog that I dont know the History behind.I have kids and I need to know if a dog is going to snap.You never know where the dog came from or if it has been abused.Dont get me wrong if I didnt have kids I am sure I would have adopted,I think its a great program.But anyways This is just my opinion.His pic is now up in the gallery he is just turning 8 weeks and yes getting more spoiled by the day.But he is a really good baby does his Biz outside and everything.So far so good!

DarlingDiva:pizza:

Midtowner
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Again, sorry! :( I didn't mean to offend, it's just a question I've had for a while... I wasn't on a crusade, just being inqusitive! :)

Congrats on your new baby. I see his name is Jackson - how old is he? Our little twerp is 14 weeks old and is a friggin squirrel! I swear, I've become one of those doating parents that I swore I'd never be: "...Grover did this, Grover said that..."

No, I totally agree. Spay and neuter your pets!

There are so many strays killed every day because people would rather pay big bucks for purebred animals (that usually have health problems due to inbreeding anyhow) than to pay an el cheapo adoption fee.

I have 2 cats in my apartment. Best damned cats I've ever had, or known. Wonderful personalities.

One of them is a pure bred Maine Coon that I adopted while he was a kitten. He's pure black -- very handsome animal (and did I mention only $65?)