View Full Version : Federal funds are OK for the crosstown, why not for public safety too

Mikemarsh51
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
The SAFER Grant will pay money to cities to hire back firefighters that have been laid off, fill positions that have been eliminated, and even hire more to bring cities up to the 4 man NFPA minimum standard. The money first goes to cities that laid firefighters off, then to cities that have eliminated positions. Therefore, we would be pretty high on the list. We have been told there is a good chance we could get the funding if we applied. OCFD Union President Sipe has been pushing our administration, city manager, and council to apply since they cut the positions July 1.

The city manager has not been receptive. In fact he has been openly against it. The program does say that the federal government will pay for the positions for two years and the city must pay for the positions the third year. That has been what Couch has hung his hat on. He says they can't make a promise to keep the positions in three years because we might not have the funds. At the council meeting last week Sipe pointed out to them (actually read to them like grade school kids because they have no desire to read it on their own) they can get out of paying the third year if they don't have the money.

So why would Couch be against free money? Probably because this whole thing is not about the city having enough money. If you have seen the latest sales tax report you know the city just collected the biggest tax check EVER collected in Oklahoma City! In this political climate they see an opportunity to reduce essential services. This is a slam dunk if the city manager doesn't sabotage it which is a real possibility.

Midtowner
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds unconstitutional. A municipality can't obligate itself to pay things beyond the current fiscal year.

Mikemarsh51
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Doubt it. Cities receive this benefit and budget for it in that fiscal year.

MikeOKC
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I agree with you, MikeMarsh. I think that with some council members wanting to turn this into a "conservative" or "liberal" position is a mistake. You mentioned one example in your subject heading, but there are so many more. If it benefits big business -- there's a stampede to the federal government trough. To not take advantage of programs that secure public safety jobs - based on some conservative principles - is a horrible double-standard. And I'm mostly conservative, btw.

LordGerald
09-09-2010, 01:33 PM
The SAFER Grant will pay money to cities to hire back firefighters that have been laid off, fill positions that have been eliminated, and even hire more to bring cities up to the 4 man NFPA minimum standard. The money first goes to cities that laid firefighters off, then to cities that have eliminated positions. Therefore, we would be pretty high on the list. We have been told there is a good chance we could get the funding if we applied. OCFD Union President Sipe has been pushing our administration, city manager, and council to apply since they cut the positions July 1.

The city manager has not been receptive. In fact he has been openly against it. The program does say that the federal government will pay for the positions for two years and the city must pay for the positions the third year. That has been what Couch has hung his hat on. He says they can't make a promise to keep the positions in three years because we might not have the funds. At the council meeting last week Sipe pointed out to them (actually read to them like grade school kids because they have no desire to read it on their own) they can get out of paying the third year if they don't have the money.

So why would Couch be against free money? Probably because this whole thing is not about the city having enough money. If you have seen the latest sales tax report you know the city just collected the biggest tax check EVER collected in Oklahoma City! In this political climate they see an opportunity to reduce essential services. This is a slam dunk if the city manager doesn't sabotage it which is a real possibility.

Don't worry, Marsh. With all the rain we've had in the past few days, there will be plenty of lawns for you to mow this weekend.

Midtowner
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Doubt it. Cities receive this benefit and budget for it in that fiscal year.

Which cities? I'm talking about the Oklahoma Constitution. You can't obligate state funds beyond the current fiscal year here. How is this not doing that?

metro
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Mike, you're going about things all the wrong way to win sympathy for the Police and Fire Unions.

okclee
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Moderators....Why is this not moved to the "How the Police and Fire Union are being screwed" discussion area?

Jersey Boss
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Which cities? I'm talking about the Oklahoma Constitution. You can't obligate state funds beyond the current fiscal year here. How is this not doing that?

How does Stoops have a multi year contract that comports with the law?

Wambo36
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Mike, you're going about things all the wrong way to win sympathy for the Police and Fire Unions.

What makes you think he's looking for sympathy from anyone? Consider his a purely informational post that you would have not known about otherwise. If you don't want the info, move on.

kevinpate
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM

(a) He technically doesn't have a multi-year agreement (if memory serves, and it may not)
(b) even if he did, hey, that's football, and as football is the center of the universe (or so i often hear) regular laws of physics, etc., would not be applicable.

rcjunkie
09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I see my Firefighters buddies still don't get it (or don't want to get it), oh well, I'm going for a ride on my Harley.

Mikemarsh51
09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants

Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number: 97.083
Program
web site http://www.firegrantsupport.com/safer/

Sponsor U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Deadlines September 17, 2010
Purpose The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Grant Programs Directorate is responsible for the implementation and administration of the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants. SAFER grants provide financial assistance to help fire departments increase their cadre of frontline firefighters or to rehire firefighters that have been laid off. The goal is to assist local fire departments with staffing and deployment capabilities so they may respond to emergencies whenever they occur, assuring their communities have adequate protection from fire and fire-related hazards. SAFER offers grants to support activities in two categories: (1) Hiring of Firefighters and (2) Recruitment and Retention of Volunteer Firefighters.
Key Changes: As a result of the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and the Supplemental Appropriation Act, 2009 (P.L. 111-32), the Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grants for the Hiring of Firefighters Activity will be awarded under conditions significantly different from those in effect prior to the passage of these Acts. The content of this Program Guidance and its official issuance reflects the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary’s and FEMA’s implementation of the provisions provided by these Acts. NOTE: These changes ONLY affect the FY 2010 SAFER grants. The new conditions are NOT retroactive to prior year grants nor will they remain in effect beyond FY 2010. Under authorities provided under ARRA and P.L. 111-32, the following requirements are being waived for the FY 2010 SAFER Grant Program:

•Salary limits: There are no annual salary limits.
•Cost-share: There is no prescribed cost-share.
•Retention commitment: Grantees that are rehiring laid off firefighters do not have to commit to retaining the SAFER-funded firefighters. • Period of performance: For Hiring of Firefighters Activity grants, the period of performance has been reduced to 2 years with a commitment to retain the newly hired firefighters for 1 year after the completion of the period of performance.
•Attrition of firefighters during the period of performance: FY 2010 grantees who are unable to back-fill firefighting positions that were vacated due to documentable economic hardship may petition FEMA for a waiver of staffing maintenance requirements. In order to qualify for this waiver, the economic hardship must affect the entire public safety sector in your jurisdiction, and not only the fire department.
Under the Hiring of Firefighters Activity, they will distinguish between grants to hire new firefighters and grants to rehire laid-off firefighters, giving applications for the rehiring of firefighters who have been laid off the highest priority over any other hiring request.

Eligibility •County governments
•City or township governments
•Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
•Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
•Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)

Geographic
coverage Nationwide
Amount of
funding Expected Number of Awards: 400
Estimated Total Program Funding: $420,000,000
Application
process Address to Request Application Package At the start of the application period, an online tutorial will be available for applicants at www.firegrantsupport.com. The online tutorial provides guidance regarding the preparation of a competitive grant application and the SAFER application requirements. All applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the applicant tutorial prior to beginning their application. The tutorial explains the eligible activities by illustrating many of the application screens. It provides tips for navigating the application screens and summarizes the changes in the SAFER grants for FY 2010. In addition, the tutorial provides a review of the lessons learned from previous years. FEMA makes all funding opportunities available through the common electronic “storefront” grants.gov, accessible on the Internet at http://www.grants.gov. If you experience difficulties accessing information or have any questions please call the grants.gov customer support hotline at (800) 518-4726.
A link to the application is available through Grants.gov at: http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do;jsessionid=0gqpMqFL2RGrM0PNSNGhjjZTZNLCs QL20dnHxcSb6pFHyvjLgZVn!30263611?oppId=56660&mode=VIEW

metro
09-09-2010, 06:53 PM
What makes you think he's looking for sympathy from anyone? Consider his a purely informational post that you would have not known about otherwise. If you don't want the info, move on.

Simple, we've seen enough of his posts.

Wambo36
09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Simple, we've seen enough of his posts.

Well maybe you can answer the question of why the city manager would be against this grant. What do you suppose his reasoning is? The city could get 2 yrs worth of funding and if they couldn't afford to pay it on their own, on the third year, there are already outs for them. Sounds like a resonable solution to the manpower problems that have seen us put rigs out of service. I wonder why he's against it? For that matter, I wonder why you're attacking the messenger?

MikeOKC
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Well maybe you can answer the question of why the city manager would be against this grant. What do you suppose his reasoning is? The city could get 2 yrs worth of funding and if they couldn't afford to pay it on their own, on the third year, there are already outs for them. Sounds like a resonable solution to the manpower problems that have seen us put rigs out of service. I wonder why he's against it? For that matter, I wonder why you're attacking the messenger?

I agree. This isn't continuing anything, it's a very specific issue that needs addressing. I suppose the opening of the next chain retailer is more important?

Larry OKC
09-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Seems I read a while back (probably when Stoops contract was up for renegotiation) that his salary (and the entire OU football program) do NOT use any state funds, they are financed thru the success of the program itself

MikeOKC
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Seems I read a while back (probably when Stoops contract was up for renegotiation) that his salary (and the entire OU football program) do NOT use any state funds, they are financed thru the success of the program itself

I hate that argument and always have. There wouldn't be a "success" of anything had the state not built and supported the university for years. The university has to beg for tuition increases and students have to find even more financing to pay the higher tuition, while the football coach at this state-supported institution makes millions of dollars a year. It's just absurd beyond any reasonable defense. It's such a joke it's almost ruined my enjoyment of this sport of so-called "student athletes." It's a big business, a farm team for the NFL, and should be treated as such. The charade of "student-athletes" is laughable. Look at the African-American graduation rates at OU, including those who play ball at Oklahoma, and look at who even belonged in college in the first place.....it's all just for show....but what an expensive (and profitable) show it is. Boomer Sooner.....while many of these kids couldn't even tell you the name of the Vice President of the United States.

Mikemarsh51
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Metro, I am curious who the "we" you speak of is? What makes you think your narcissistic veiws are more important than anyone else on this forum. Lord GerryJoe, Where have you been? Your right, the money is good, averages about $50 an hour. Christmas is paid for and we are planning our spring ski trip. Picked up a couple of nice Sigs last month too.

ljbab728
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I hate that argument and always have. There wouldn't be a "success" of anything had the state not built and supported the university for years. The university has to beg for tuition increases and students have to find even more financing to pay the higher tuition, while the football coach at this state-supported institution makes millions of dollars a year. It's just absurd beyond any reasonable defense. It's such a joke it's almost ruined my enjoyment of this sport of so-called "student athletes." It's a big business, a farm team for the NFL, and should be treated as such. The charade of "student-athletes" is laughable. Look at the African-American graduation rates at OU, including those who play ball at Oklahoma, and look at who even belonged in college in the first place.....it's all just for show....but what an expensive (and profitable) show it is. Boomer Sooner.....while many of these kids couldn't even tell you the name of the Vice President of the United States.
Mike, J C Watts might disagree with you. All athletes have to meet the university requirements to be admitted so surely you're not accusing the university of giving certain students exceptions based on athletic abilities. And you may notice I didn't say anything about "African-American" athletes because it isn't a racial issue. Whether the state may have supported the athletic department at some point in the past isn't relative. The athletic department now is self supporting and contributes financially back to the university in other ways that have nothing to do with athletics. Having a very successful athletic department helps greatly when President Boren approaches potential university donors for many projects. He has had astounding successes in that area.

Larry OKC
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
what ljbab728 said...also read recently were the athletic department made a sizeable donation back to the university (and not the 1st time either)...

MikeOKC
09-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Mike, J C Watts might disagree with you. All athletes have to meet the university requirements to be admitted so surely you're not accusing the university of giving certain students exceptions based on athletic abilities. And you may notice I didn't say anything about "African-American" athletes because it isn't a racial issue. Whether the state may have supported the athletic department at some point in the past isn't relative. The athletic department now is self supporting and contributes financially back to the university in other ways that have nothing to do with athletics. Having a very successful athletic department helps greatly when President Boren approaches potential university donors for many projects. He has had astounding successes in that area.

As for J.C. Watts - of course there are exceptions.

I said to look at the African-American graduation rates for a reason. We can't pretend that every study that shows blacks, in general, get an inferior education is somehow wrong. So, yeah, it IS a racial issue. And if you think that all those football and basketball players at OU (75% + black) would be accepted if they weren't simply athletic recruits, I have several bridges in Brooklyn to sell you. Who was the football player at OSU that graduated and had the guts to admit he couldn't even read? I don't remember his name. Do YOU honestly believe that don't make exceptions in probably 85%+ of the cases -- all across the NCAA -- coast-to-coast? Will you hear about it? It's a big, big business, so no, of course not. But you and I both know it. Pretend if you wish. Have you listened to some post-game interviews? These are college-educated "student-athletes?"

Sorry, this is a thread derail (my fault) and not fair to MikeMarsh. Sorry, I originally was trying to make a point regarding the issue at hand.

bombermwc
09-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Sounds exactlly like why you don't hire PEOPLE with bond money. It's not going to be there in a few years and you can't gurantee that it will be replaced. Would you want to take a job knowing that in 3 years, you have a pretty sure chance of losing that job? That means there's absolutely no change of promotion in that short of a time, and you're also seen as expendable because they already know you're gone anyway.

kevinpate
09-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Haven't some cities in the state previously added on additional some law enforcement folk via time limited federal funds? I thought I had read something along those lines for OKC ro Norman or elsewhere in the state a while back. Maybe it was an equipment for existing forces grant instead. Head so stuffy today I am not thinking real clear.

OKCGUY3
09-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, I believe our very own City Manager not even a year ago agreed that the federal grant money available to hire 7 police officers for two years with the caviate that the city had to pay them for the third year, was a splendid idea. And they were hired. I remember the issue from a city council meeting but do not have the specifics. I am sure someone here will remember this and be able to provide more details. If I remember correctly, they were hired specificlaly for a drug or gang program. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I was wrong, it was for TRUANCY. http://www.okc.gov/agendapub/view.aspx?cabinet=PUBLISHED_MEETINGS&fileid=816370

ljbab728
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
As for J.C. Watts - of course there are exceptions.

I said to look at the African-American graduation rates for a reason. We can't pretend that every study that shows blacks, in general, get an inferior education is somehow wrong. So, yeah, it IS a racial issue. And if you think that all those football and basketball players at OU (75% + black) would be accepted if they weren't simply athletic recruits, I have several bridges in Brooklyn to sell you. Who was the football player at OSU that graduated and had the guts to admit he couldn't even read? I don't remember his name. Do YOU honestly believe that don't make exceptions in probably 85%+ of the cases -- all across the NCAA -- coast-to-coast? Will you hear about it? It's a big, big business, so no, of course not. But you and I both know it. Pretend if you wish. Have you listened to some post-game interviews? These are college-educated "student-athletes?"

Sorry, this is a thread derail (my fault) and not fair to MikeMarsh. Sorry, I originally was trying to make a point regarding the issue at hand.

Mike, you're right that some of the athletes probably wouldn't have been recruited to the University if they weren't gifted athetes. They still have to meet entrance requirements, though. If you have instances at OU to site where they are not following the rules, please provide the evidence so that it can be investigated. Am I saying nothing wrong has ever happened in the past? Of course not. Your original point was that the athletic department was a drain on the University financially and you apparently feel that if it wasn't a successful high dollar department the University would be better off. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's just the opposite.

OKCGUY3
09-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Let me correct myself before everyone else jumps in.. I googled it. It was in January 2010 for a truancy program. http://www.koco.com/r/22114690/detail.html

Also, here is the City resolution: http://www.okc.gov/agendapub/cache/2/ymvlqjyvq5w44uehmnxtqg55/81637009112010121608787.PDF

Larry OKC
09-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Sounds exactlly like why you don't hire PEOPLE with bond money. It's not going to be there in a few years and you can't gurantee that it will be replaced. Would you want to take a job knowing that in 3 years, you have a pretty sure chance of losing that job? That means there's absolutely no change of promotion in that short of a time, and you're also seen as expendable because they already know you're gone anyway.

True but those of us who are in the regular world deal with this every day. You don't know if the position is going to be around in 6 months, 2 or 3 years from now. Promotions/advancement can still happen (transition to a different department etc). Job Security is largely a myth. You show up on time, work hard and hopefully you stay employed and advance. if not, you move on to something else. And if you have the luxury of knowing when the job is going to end, that leaves you plenty of time to get the next one lined up. There are plenty of people who are out of work right now that would love a 3 year employment "guarantee".

Mikemarsh51
09-11-2010, 10:47 AM
This is the list for 2009 of cities that received SAFER grants.Adams Fire Co Inc.
North Tonawanda
NY
Recruitment
$71,136.00
09/10/10
Hyattsville Volunteer Fire Department
Hyattsville
MD
Recruitment
$244,000.00
09/10/10
Santa Fe County Fire Department
Santa Fe
NM
Recruitment
$499,200.00
09/10/10
White Bear Lake Fire Department
White Bear Lake
MN
Recruitment
$447,800.00
09/10/10
Appleton Volunteer Fire Department
Brewton
AL
Recruitment
$67,215.00
09/03/10
Bradley-Prosperity Volunteer Fire Department
Bradley
WV
Recruitment
$223,820.00
09/03/10
Brighton Area Fire Authority
Brighton
MI
Recruitment
$8,900.00
09/03/10
Burlington Township Fire Department
Burlington
NJ
Recruitment
$96,000.00
09/03/10
Clallam County Fire District No.3
Sequim
WA
Recruitment
$756,795.00
09/03/10
Estacada Rural Fire District #69
Estacada
OR
Recruitment
$28,300.00
09/03/10
Greenwood Rural Volunteer Fire Dept.
Weatherford
TX
Recruitment
$138,400.00
09/03/10
Iowa Firemen's Association
Humboldt
IA
Recruitment
$173,410.00
09/03/10
King of Prussia Volunteer Fire Company
King of Prussia
PA
Recruitment
$200,800.00
09/03/10
Lake Shore Volunteer Fire Company, Inc.
Hamburg
NY
Recruitment
$36,325.00
09/03/10
Lapel Stoney Creek Volunteer Fire Department
Lapel
IN
Recruitment
$86,000.00
09/03/10
Newdale Volunteer Fire Department, inc.
BURNSVILLE
NC
Recruitment
$200,000.00
09/03/10
Oak Park Fire Department
Oak Park
IL
Hiring
$309,396.00
09/03/10
Pacific County Fire Protection District No. 1
Ocean Park
WA
Recruitment
$174,000.00
09/03/10
Putnam County Board of County Commissioners, Department of Emergency Services, Volunteer Fire Servic
Palatka
FL
Recruitment
$382,000.00
09/03/10
Reiffton Fire Company
Reading
PA
Recruitment
$177,600.00
09/03/10
Saratoga Springs Fire Department
Saratoga Springs
NY
Hiring
$663,705.00
09/03/10
SCOTT TOWNSHIP FIRE DISTRICT
BRIDGEVILLE
PA
Recruitment
$63,400.00
09/03/10
South Whatcom Regional Fire Authority
Bellingham
WA
Recruitment
$215,397.00
09/03/10
Spanish Fort Fire and Rescue
Spanish Fort
AL
Recruitment
$125,000.00
09/03/10
Triune-Halleck VFD
Morgantown
WV
Recruitment
$63,800.00
09/03/10
Willow Grove Volunteer Fire Company
Willow Grove
PA
Recruitment
$102,100.00
09/03/10
Windcrest Volunteer Fire Department
Windcrest
TX
Recruitment
$142,140.00
09/03/10
California State Firefighters Association
Sacramento
CA
Recruitment
$743,200.00
08/27/10
Carolina Beach Fire Department
Carolina Beach
NC
Recruitment
$266,115.00
08/27/10
Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
Lecanto
FL
Recruitment
$45,000.00
08/27/10
City of DeLand
DeLand
FL
Hiring
$177,402.00
08/27/10
Fairfax County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association
Annandale
VA
Recruitment
$384,250.00
08/27/10
Hubbardston Fire Department
Hubbardston
MA
Recruitment
$84,000.00
08/27/10
Iowa Falls Fire Department
Iowa Falls
IA
Recruitment
$34,132.00
08/27/10
Keizer Fire District
Keizer
OR
Recruitment
$208,540.00
08/27/10
Lebanon Volunteer Fire Department
Lebanon
CT
Recruitment
$274,000.00
08/27/10
Momence Fire Protection District
Momence
IL
Recruitment
$100,000.00
08/27/10
Montgomery County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association
Rockville
MD
Recruitment
$391,400.00
08/27/10
North Star Volunteer Fire Department
North Pole
AK
Recruitment
$194,145.00
08/27/10
Park Forest Fire Department
Park Forest
IL
Recruitment
$62,800.00
08/27/10
St. Marys County Government, Department of Public Safety
Leonardtown
MD
Recruitment
$335,332.00
08/27/10
Virgil Fire District
Cortland
NY
Recruitment
$100,700.00
08/27/10
Volunteer Fire Fighters of Arizona
Safford
AZ
Recruitment
$930,400.00
08/27/10
ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Alton
IL
Hiring
$386,980.00
07/23/10
Bay City Fire Department
Bay City
MI
Hiring
$880,316.00
07/23/10
City of North Olmsted
North Olmsted
OH
Hiring
$839,970.00
07/23/10
Marion Fire Department
Marion
IN
Hiring
$269,808.00
07/23/10
Port Orange Department of Fire & Rescue
Port Orange
FL
Hiring
$633,667.00
07/23/10
Alameda Fire Department
Alameda
CA
Hiring
$1,763,753.00
07/16/10
Canton Fire Department
Canton
OH
Hiring
$3,440,136.00
07/16/10
Hemet Fire Department
Hemet
CA
Hiring
$2,260,448.00
07/16/10
Prince Georges County, MD Fire/Emergency Medical
Largo
MD
Hiring
$3,458,681.00
07/16/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Hiring
$346,800.00
07/09/10
Caroline County Fire Rescue
Bowling Green
VA
Hiring
$575,100.00
07/09/10
Dunn Emergency Services, Inc.
Dunn
NC
Hiring
$244,700.00
07/09/10
Fauquier County Department of Fire and Emergency S
Warrenton
VA
Hiring
$757,350.00
07/09/10
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood
IL
Hiring
$116,096.00
07/09/10
Hanover Fire & EMS
Hanover
VA
Hiring
$329,596.00
07/09/10
Knightdale Public Safety Department Fire Division
Knightdale
NC
Hiring
$287,158.00
07/09/10
RIDGE - CULVER FIRE DISTRICT
ROCHESTER
NY
Hiring
$194,518.00
07/09/10
Ross Twp Fire Department
Hamilton
OH
Hiring
$289,668.00
07/09/10
Scarborough Fire Department
Scarborough
ME
Hiring
$448,100.00
07/09/10
St. George Fire
St. George
UT
Hiring
$916,550.00
07/09/10
Suffolk County Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services
Yaphank
NY
Recruitment
$4,147,972.00
07/09/10
Taylorville Fire Department
Taylorville
IL
Hiring
$354,790.00
07/09/10
Union County Fire Department
Blairsville
GA
Hiring
$240,525.00
07/09/10
Ware Fire Department
Ware
MA
Hiring
$463,696.00
07/09/10
Chelsea Fire Department
Chelsea
MA
Hiring
$1,827,300.00
06/25/10
City of Clermont (FL) Fire Department
Clermont
FL
Hiring
$212,452.00
06/25/10
City of Petaluma Fire Department
Petaluma
CA
Hiring
$1,230,180.00
06/25/10
Cleveland Fire Department
Cleveland
OH
Hiring
$1,029,725.00
06/25/10
Fall River Fire Department
Fall River
MA
Hiring
$10,837,003.00
06/25/10
Kokomo Fire Department
Kokomo
IN
Hiring
$1,946,640.00
06/25/10
New Orleans Fire Department
New Orleans
LA
Hiring
$8,535,389.00
06/25/10
Ocean Shores Fire-Emergency-Care-Department
Ocean Shores
WA
Hiring
$166,866.00
06/25/10
Addison Fire Protection District #1
Addison
IL
Hiring
$677,250.00
06/18/10
Bellingham Fire Department
Bellingham
WA
Hiring
$888,553.00
06/18/10
Binghamton Fire Department
Binghamton
NY
Hiring
$929,006.00
06/18/10
Plainfield Fire Department
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$345,646.00
06/18/10
Rawlins Fire Department
Rawlins
WY
Hiring
$263,877.00
06/18/10
St. Marys Fire Department
St. Marys
GA
Hiring
$520,336.00
06/18/10
Crescent Rural Fire Protection District
Crescent
OR
Hiring
$440,510.00
06/11/10
Kalispell Fire Department
Kalispell
MT
Hiring
$457,889.00
06/11/10
Bayshore Fire /Rescue
N. Ft. Myers
FL
Hiring
$367,861.00
06/04/10
Bethel Volunteer Fire Department
Bethel
AK
Hiring
$133,779.00
06/04/10
Chelsea Area Fire Authority
Chelsea
MI
Hiring
$545,664.00
06/04/10
Healdsburg Fire Department
Healdsburg
CA
Hiring
$293,990.00
06/04/10
Jackson Fire Department
Jackson
MI
Hiring
$548,839.00
06/04/10
Kingston Fire Department
Kingston
NY
Hiring
$446,114.00
06/04/10
Ramseur Volunteer Fire Department
Ramseur
NC
Hiring
$157,626.00
06/04/10
Lehigh Acres Fire and Rescue District
Lehigh Acres
FL
Hiring
$8,971,851.00
05/28/10
Muncie Fire Department
Muncie
IN
Hiring
$3,539,864.00
05/28/10
Newport Fire/EMS Department
Newport
KY
Hiring
$337,920.00
05/28/10
Regional Fire & Rescue Department, Inc.
Casa Grande
AZ
Hiring
$251,535.00
05/28/10
Richfield Fire Department
Richfield
MN
Hiring
$305,121.00
05/28/10
Soledad Fire Department
Soledad
CA
Hiring
$163,488.00
05/28/10
Tiffin Fire/Rescue Division
Tiffin
OH
Hiring
$280,285.00
05/28/10
Town of Plymouth Fire Department
Plymouth
MA
Hiring
$627,190.00
05/28/10
Uniontown Fire Department
Uniontown
PA
Hiring
$632,835.00
05/28/10
Westfield Fire Department
Westfield
MA
Hiring
$268,581.00
05/28/10
Willimantic Fire Department
Willimantic
CT
Hiring
$263,083.00
05/28/10
Carmel Valley Fire Protection District
Carmel
CA
Hiring
$772,132.00
05/21/10
City of Akron Fire Department
Akron
OH
Hiring
$6,017,559.00
05/21/10
City of Niles Fire Department
Niles
OH
Hiring
$240,183.00
05/21/10
City of San Bernardino Fire Department
San Bernardino
CA
Hiring
$2,769,602.00
05/21/10
Dowagiac Fire Department
Dowagiac
MI
Hiring
$145,786.00
05/21/10
Edwardsville Fire Department
Edwardsville
KS
Hiring
$218,212.00
05/21/10
Farmington Hills Fire Department
Farmington Hills
MI
Hiring
$289,561.00
05/21/10
Huntington City Fire Department
Huntington
IN
Hiring
$817,360.00
05/21/10
Muskegon Heights Fire Department
Muskegon Heights
MI
Hiring
$397,638.00
05/21/10
City of Orlando Fire Department
Orlando
FL
Hiring
$8,360,469.00
05/07/10
Columbia Fire Department
Columbia
SC
Hiring
$1,430,797.00
04/23/10
County of Los Angeles Fire Department
Los Angeles
CA
Hiring
$3,553,762.00
04/23/10
Grand Rapids Fire Department
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$2,962,553.00
04/23/10
Worcester Fire Department
Worcester
MA
Hiring
$2,227,378.00
04/23/10
City of Flint Fire Department
Flint
MI
Hiring
$6,766,350.00
04/09/10
Anderson City Fire Department
Anderson
SC
Hiring
$656,225.00
03/31/10
Anderson Fire Department
Anderson
IN
Hiring
$690,606.00
03/31/10
Bangor Fire Department
Bangor
ME
Hiring
$291,443.00
03/31/10
Cabot Fire Department
Cabot
AR
Hiring
$657,203.00
03/31/10
Cincinnati Fire Department
Cincinnati
OH
Hiring
$6,904,000.00
03/31/10
City of Glendale Fire Department
Glendale
MO
Hiring
$168,632.00
03/31/10
City of Melrose Fire Department
Melrose
MA
Hiring
$464,464.00
03/31/10
City of Santa Cruz Fire Department
Santa Cruz
CA
Hiring
$753,329.00
03/31/10
City of Steamboat Springs / Stmbt Fire & Rescue
Steamboat Springs
CO
Hiring
$342,139.00
03/31/10
Cleveland Heights Fire Department
Cleveland Heights
OH
Hiring
$458,286.00
03/31/10
Dania Beach Fire Rescue
Dania Beach
FL
Hiring
$1,062,874.00
03/31/10
Decatur Fire & Rescue
Decatur
AL
Hiring
$1,563,508.00
03/31/10
Elko County Fire Protection District
Elko
NV
Hiring
$577,678.00
03/31/10
Elyria (Ohio) Fire Department
Elyria
OH
Hiring
$3,726,855.00
03/31/10
Fitchburg Fire Department
Fitchburg
MA
Hiring
$389,516.00
03/31/10
Fulton County Fire Rescue
Atlanta
GA
Hiring
$2,858,856.00
03/31/10
Georgetown Fire Department
Georgetown
TX
Hiring
$905,728.00
03/31/10
Havelock Fire/Rescue
Havelock
NC
Hiring
$332,624.00
03/31/10
Hutto Fire Rescue / Williamson County ESD #3
Hutto
TX
Hiring
$473,105.00
03/31/10
Kansas City, Kansas Fire Department
Kansas City
KS
Hiring
$2,588,750.00
03/31/10
Kern County Fire Department
Bakersfield
CA
Hiring
$9,157,484.00
03/31/10
Lake Dillon Fire Protection District
Silverthorne
CO
Hiring
$355,017.00
03/31/10
Lake Havasu City Fire Department
Lake Havasu City
AZ
Hiring
$897,728.00
03/31/10
Lincoln Fire and Rescue
Lincoln
NE
Hiring
$802,828.00
03/31/10
Loveland Fire & Rescue Department
Loveland
CO
Hiring
$257,851.00
03/31/10
Lugoff Fire District
Lugoff
SC
Hiring
$323,588.00
03/31/10
Malden Fire Department
Malden
MA
Hiring
$768,956.00
03/31/10
Mansfield Fire Department
Mansfield
TX
Hiring
$1,498,944.00
03/31/10
Middleton Rural Fire District
Middleton
ID
Hiring
$149,703.00
03/31/10
Mobile Fire-Rescue Department
Mobile
AL
Hiring
$2,532,827.00
03/31/10
New London Fire Department
New London
CT
Hiring
$466,678.00
03/31/10
North Plainfield Fire Department
North Plainfield
NJ
Hiring
$460,578.00
03/31/10
Oakland Fire Department
Oakland
CA
Hiring
$921,736.00
03/31/10
Pittsfield Fire Department
Pittsfield
MA
Hiring
$427,198.00
03/31/10
Rogers Fire Department
Rogers
AR
Hiring
$319,207.00
03/31/10
Shreveport Fire Department
Shreveport
LA
Hiring
$1,104,503.00
03/31/10
Smyrna Fire Department
Smyrna
GA
Hiring
$1,225,077.00
03/31/10
South Salt Lake City Fire Department
South Salt Lake City
UT
Hiring
$907,687.00
03/31/10
Southern Pines Fire and Rescue
Southern Pines
NC
Hiring
$252,552.00
03/31/10
Springfield Fire Department
Springfield
MO
Hiring
$1,306,295.00
03/31/10
St. Bernard Parish Fire Department
Chalmette
LA
Hiring
$875,570.00
03/31/10
St. Cloud Fire Department
St. Cloud
MN
Hiring
$475,833.00
03/31/10
The Crawfordsville Fire Department
Crawfordsville
IN
Hiring
$945,385.00
03/31/10
Town of Nashville Fire Department
Nashville
NC
Hiring
$168,868.00
03/31/10
Urbandale Fire Deparmtent
Urbandale
IA
Hiring
$837,953.00
03/31/10
Vallejo Fire Department
Vallejo
CA
Hiring
$803,707.00
03/31/10
Westport Fire Department
Westport
CT
Hiring
$1,211,193.00
03/31/10
Wheeling Fire Department
Wheeling
IL
Hiring
$488,910.00
03/31/10

so1rfan
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
This is the list for 2009 of cities that received SAFER grants.Adams Fire Co Inc.
North Tonawanda
NY
Recruitment
$71,136.00
09/10/10
Hyattsville
MD
Recruitment
$244,000.00
09/10/10
Santa Fe
NM
Recruitment
$499,200.00
09/10/10
White Bear Lake
MN
Recruitment
$447,800.00
09/10/10
Brewton
AL
Recruitment
$67,215.00
09/03/10
Bradley
WV
Recruitment
$223,820.00
09/03/10
Brighton
MI
Recruitment
$8,900.00
09/03/10
Burlington
NJ
Recruitment
$96,000.00
09/03/10
Sequim
WA
Recruitment
$756,795.00
09/03/10
Estacada
OR
Recruitment
$28,300.00
09/03/10
Weatherford
TX
Recruitment
$138,400.00
09/03/10
Humboldt
IA
Recruitment
$173,410.00
09/03/10
King of Prussia
PA
Recruitment
$200,800.00
09/03/10
Hamburg
NY
Recruitment
$36,325.00
09/03/10
Lapel
IN
Recruitment
$86,000.00
09/03/10
BURNSVILLE
NC
Recruitment
$200,000.00
09/03/10
Oak Park Fire Department
Oak Park
IL
Hiring
$309,396.00
09/03/10
Ocean Park
WA
Recruitment
$174,000.00
09/03/10
Putnam County Board of County Commissioners, Department of Emergency Services, Volunteer Fire Servic
Palatka
FL
Recruitment
$382,000.00
09/03/10
Reiffton Fire Company
Reading
PA
Recruitment
$177,600.00
09/03/10
Saratoga Springs
NY
Hiring
$663,705.00
09/03/10
BRIDGEVILLE
PA
Recruitment
$63,400.00
09/03/10
Bellingham
WA
Recruitment
$215,397.00
09/03/10
Spanish Fort
AL
Recruitment
$125,000.00
09/03/10
Triune-Halleck VFD
Morgantown
WV
Recruitment
$63,800.00
09/03/10
Willow Grove
PA
Recruitment
$102,100.00
09/03/10
Windcrest
TX
Recruitment
$142,140.00
09/03/10
Sacramento
CA
Recruitment
$743,200.00
08/27/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Recruitment
$266,115.00
08/27/10
Lecanto
FL
Recruitment
$45,000.00
08/27/10
City of DeLand
DeLand
FL
Hiring
$177,402.00
08/27/10
Annandale
VA
Recruitment
$384,250.00
08/27/10
Hubbardston
MA
Recruitment
$84,000.00
08/27/10
Iowa Falls
IA
Recruitment
$34,132.00
08/27/10
Keizer Fire District
Keizer
OR
Recruitment
$208,540.00
08/27/10
Lebanon
CT
Recruitment
$274,000.00
08/27/10
Momence
IL
Recruitment
$100,000.00
08/27/10
Rockville
MD
Recruitment
$391,400.00
08/27/10
North Pole
AK
Recruitment
$194,145.00
08/27/10
Park Forest
IL
Recruitment
$62,800.00
08/27/10
Leonardtown
MD
Recruitment
$335,332.00
08/27/10
Virgil Fire District
Cortland
NY
Recruitment
$100,700.00
08/27/10
Safford
AZ
Recruitment
$930,400.00
08/27/10
ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Alton
IL
Hiring
$386,980.00
07/23/10
Bay City Fire Department
Bay City
MI
Hiring
$880,316.00
07/23/10
City of North Olmsted
North Olmsted
OH
Hiring
$839,970.00
07/23/10
Marion Fire Department
Marion
IN
Hiring
$269,808.00
07/23/10
Port Orange
FL
Hiring
$633,667.00
07/23/10
Alameda Fire Department
Alameda
CA
Hiring
$1,763,753.00
07/16/10
Canton Fire Department
Canton
OH
Hiring
$3,440,136.00
07/16/10
Hemet Fire Department
Hemet
CA
Hiring
$2,260,448.00
07/16/10
Largo
MD
Hiring
$3,458,681.00
07/16/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Hiring
$346,800.00
07/09/10
Bowling Green
VA
Hiring
$575,100.00
07/09/10
Dunn
NC
Hiring
$244,700.00
07/09/10
Warrenton
VA
Hiring
$757,350.00
07/09/10
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood
IL
Hiring
$116,096.00
07/09/10
Hanover Fire & EMS
Hanover
VA
Hiring
$329,596.00
07/09/10
Knightdale
NC
Hiring
$287,158.00
07/09/10
ROCHESTER
NY
Hiring
$194,518.00
07/09/10
Ross Twp Fire Department
Hamilton
OH
Hiring
$289,668.00
07/09/10
Scarborough
ME
Hiring
$448,100.00
07/09/10
St. George Fire
St. George
UT
Hiring
$916,550.00
07/09/10
Yaphank
NY
Recruitment
$4,147,972.00
07/09/10
Taylorville
IL
Hiring
$354,790.00
07/09/10
Blairsville
GA
Hiring
$240,525.00
07/09/10
Ware Fire Department
Ware
MA
Hiring
$463,696.00
07/09/10
Chelsea Fire Department
Chelsea
MA
Hiring
$1,827,300.00
06/25/10
Clermont
FL
Hiring
$212,452.00
06/25/10
Petaluma
CA
Hiring
$1,230,180.00
06/25/10
Cleveland
OH
Hiring
$1,029,725.00
06/25/10
Fall River
MA
Hiring
$10,837,003.00
06/25/10
Kokomo Fire Department
Kokomo
IN
Hiring
$1,946,640.00
06/25/10
New Orleans
LA
Hiring
$8,535,389.00
06/25/10
Ocean Shores
WA
Hiring
$166,866.00
06/25/10
Addison
IL
Hiring
$677,250.00
06/18/10
Bellingham
WA
Hiring
$888,553.00
06/18/10
Binghamton
NY
Hiring
$929,006.00
06/18/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$345,646.00
06/18/10
Rawlins Fire Department
Rawlins
WY
Hiring
$263,877.00
06/18/10
St. Marys
GA
Hiring
$520,336.00
06/18/10
Crescent
OR
Hiring
$440,510.00
06/11/10
Kalispell
MT
Hiring
$457,889.00
06/11/10
Bayshore Fire /Rescue
N. Ft. Myers
FL
Hiring
$367,861.00
06/04/10
Bethel
AK
Hiring
$133,779.00
06/04/10
Chelsea
MI
Hiring
$545,664.00
06/04/10
Healdsburg
CA
Hiring
$293,990.00
06/04/10
Jackson Fire Department
Jackson
MI
Hiring
$548,839.00
06/04/10
Kingston Fire Department
Kingston
NY
Hiring
$446,114.00
06/04/10
Ramseur
NC
Hiring
$157,626.00
06/04/10
Lehigh Acres
FL
Hiring
$8,971,851.00
05/28/10
Muncie Fire Department
Muncie
IN
Hiring
$3,539,864.00
05/28/10
Newport
KY
Hiring
$337,920.00
05/28/10
Casa Grande
AZ
Hiring
$251,535.00
05/28/10
Richfield
MN
Hiring
$305,121.00
05/28/10
Soledad Fire Department
Soledad
CA
Hiring
$163,488.00
05/28/10
Tiffin
OH
Hiring
$280,285.00
05/28/10
Plymouth
MA
Hiring
$627,190.00
05/28/10
Uniontown
PA
Hiring
$632,835.00
05/28/10
Westfield
MA
Hiring
$268,581.00
05/28/10
Willimantic
CT
Hiring
$263,083.00
05/28/10
Carmel
CA
Hiring
$772,132.00
05/21/10
Akron
OH
Hiring
$6,017,559.00
05/21/10
Niles
OH
Hiring
$240,183.00
05/21/10
San Bernardino
CA
Hiring
$2,769,602.00
05/21/10
Dowagiac Fire Department
Dowagiac
MI
Hiring
$145,786.00
05/21/10
Edwardsville
KS
Hiring
$218,212.00
05/21/10
Farmington Hills
MI
Hiring
$289,561.00
05/21/10
Huntington
IN
Hiring
$817,360.00
05/21/10
Muskegon Heights
MI
Hiring
$397,638.00
05/21/10
Orlando
FL
Hiring
$8,360,469.00
05/07/10
Columbia Fire Department
Columbia
SC
Hiring
$1,430,797.00
04/23/10
Los Angeles
CA
Hiring
$3,553,762.00
04/23/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$2,962,553.00
04/23/10
Worcester
MA
Hiring
$2,227,378.00
04/23/10
Flint
MI
Hiring
$6,766,350.00
04/09/10
Anderson
SC
Hiring
$656,225.00
03/31/10
Anderson Fire Department
Anderson
IN
Hiring
$690,606.00
03/31/10
Bangor Fire Department
Bangor
ME
Hiring
$291,443.00
03/31/10
Cabot Fire Department
Cabot
AR
Hiring
$657,203.00
03/31/10
Cincinnati
OH
Hiring
$6,904,000.00
03/31/10
Glendale
MO
Hiring
$168,632.00
03/31/10
Melrose
MA
Hiring
$464,464.00
03/31/10
Santa Cruz
CA
Hiring
$753,329.00
03/31/10
Steamboat Springs
CO
Hiring
$342,139.00
03/31/10
Cleveland Heights
OH
Hiring
$458,286.00
03/31/10
Dania Beach Fire Rescue
Dania Beach
FL
Hiring
$1,062,874.00
03/31/10
Decatur Fire & Rescue
Decatur
AL
Hiring
$1,563,508.00
03/31/10
Elko
NV
Hiring
$577,678.00
03/31/10
Elyria
OH
Hiring
$3,726,855.00
03/31/10
Fitchburg
MA
Hiring
$389,516.00
03/31/10
Atlanta
GA
Hiring
$2,858,856.00
03/31/10
Georgetown
TX
Hiring
$905,728.00
03/31/10
Havelock Fire/Rescue
Havelock
NC
Hiring
$332,624.00
03/31/10
Hutto
TX
Hiring
$473,105.00
03/31/10
Kansas City
KS
Hiring
$2,588,750.00
03/31/10
Bakersfield
CA
Hiring
$9,157,484.00
03/31/10
Silverthorne
CO
Hiring
$355,017.00
03/31/10
Lake Havasu City
AZ
Hiring
$897,728.00
03/31/10
Lincoln Fire and Rescue
Lincoln
NE
Hiring
$802,828.00
03/31/10
Loveland
CO
Hiring
$257,851.00
03/31/10
Lugoff Fire District
Lugoff
SC
Hiring
$323,588.00
03/31/10
Malden Fire Department
Malden
MA
Hiring
$768,956.00
03/31/10
Mansfield
TX
Hiring
$1,498,944.00
03/31/10
Middleton
ID
Hiring
$149,703.00
03/31/10
Mobile
AL
Hiring
$2,532,827.00
03/31/10
New London
CT
Hiring
$466,678.00
03/31/10
North Plainfield
NJ
Hiring
$460,578.00
03/31/10
Oakland Fire Department
Oakland
CA
Hiring
$921,736.00
03/31/10
Pittsfield
MA
Hiring
$427,198.00
03/31/10
Rogers Fire Department
Rogers
AR
Hiring
$319,207.00
03/31/10
Shreveport
LA
Hiring
$1,104,503.00
03/31/10
Smyrna Fire Department
Smyrna
GA
Hiring
$1,225,077.00
03/31/10
South Salt Lake City
UT
Hiring
$907,687.00
03/31/10
Southern Pines
NC
Hiring
$252,552.00
03/31/10
Springfield
MO
Hiring
$1,306,295.00
03/31/10
Chalmette
LA
Hiring
$875,570.00
03/31/10
St. Cloud
MN
Hiring
$475,833.00
03/31/10
Crawfordsville
IN
Hiring
$945,385.00
03/31/10
Nashville
NC
Hiring
$168,868.00
03/31/10
Urbandale
IA
Hiring
$837,953.00
03/31/10
Vallejo Fire Department
Vallejo
CA
Hiring
$803,707.00
03/31/10
Westport Fire Department
Westport
CT
Hiring
$1,211,193.00
03/31/10
Wheeling Fire Department
Wheeling
IL
Hiring
$488,910.00
03/31/10

Top 20 Most Worthless Pieces of Junk

20. Rice Cookers

19. Shoe Inserts

18. Polaroid Cameras

17. Irons

16. Hobby Kits

15. Tie Racks

14. Giveaway Thumb Drives

13. Trade Show Swag

12. Bargain DVDs

11. Ear Candles

10. Books in a Kindle World

9. Home Theater Sound Systems

8. Ice Cream Makers

7. VCRPlus Gizmos

6. Iconic Breeze

5. Single-Slot Piggy Banks

4. Ab Rollers

3. Radar Detectors

2. Wipe Warmers

1. This mile long list of SAFER grants that no one is going to waste their time reading except Mike Marshall and his butties.

LordGerald
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
North Tonawanda
NY
Recruitment
$71,136.00
09/10/10
Hyattsville
MD
Recruitment
$244,000.00
09/10/10
Santa Fe
NM
Recruitment
$499,200.00
09/10/10
White Bear Lake
MN
Recruitment
$447,800.00
09/10/10
Brewton
AL
Recruitment
$67,215.00
09/03/10
Bradley
WV
Recruitment
$223,820.00
09/03/10
Brighton
MI
Recruitment
$8,900.00
09/03/10
Burlington
NJ
Recruitment
$96,000.00
09/03/10
Sequim
WA
Recruitment
$756,795.00
09/03/10
Estacada
OR
Recruitment
$28,300.00
09/03/10
Weatherford
TX
Recruitment
$138,400.00
09/03/10
Humboldt
IA
Recruitment
$173,410.00
09/03/10
King of Prussia
PA
Recruitment
$200,800.00
09/03/10
Hamburg
NY
Recruitment
$36,325.00
09/03/10
Lapel
IN
Recruitment
$86,000.00
09/03/10
BURNSVILLE
NC
Recruitment
$200,000.00
09/03/10
Oak Park Fire Department
Oak Park
IL
Hiring
$309,396.00
09/03/10
Ocean Park
WA
Recruitment
$174,000.00
09/03/10
Palatka
FL
Recruitment
$382,000.00
09/03/10
Reiffton Fire Company
Reading
PA
Recruitment
$177,600.00
09/03/10
Saratoga Springs
NY
Hiring
$663,705.00
09/03/10
BRIDGEVILLE
PA
Recruitment
$63,400.00
09/03/10
Bellingham
WA
Recruitment
$215,397.00
09/03/10
Spanish Fort
AL
Recruitment
$125,000.00
09/03/10
Triune-Halleck VFD
Morgantown
WV
Recruitment
$63,800.00
09/03/10
Willow Grove
PA
Recruitment
$102,100.00
09/03/10
Windcrest
TX
Recruitment
$142,140.00
09/03/10
Sacramento
CA
Recruitment
$743,200.00
08/27/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Recruitment
$266,115.00
08/27/10
Lecanto
FL
Recruitment
$45,000.00
08/27/10
City of DeLand
DeLand
FL
Hiring
$177,402.00
08/27/10
Annandale
VA
Recruitment
$384,250.00
08/27/10
Hubbardston
MA
Recruitment
$84,000.00
08/27/10
Iowa Falls
IA
Recruitment
$34,132.00
08/27/10
Keizer Fire District
Keizer
OR
Recruitment
$208,540.00
08/27/10
Lebanon
CT
Recruitment
$274,000.00
08/27/10
Momence
IL
Recruitment
$100,000.00
08/27/10
Rockville
MD
Recruitment
$391,400.00
08/27/10
North Pole
AK
Recruitment
$194,145.00
08/27/10
Park Forest
IL
Recruitment
$62,800.00
08/27/10
Leonardtown
MD
Recruitment
$335,332.00
08/27/10
Virgil Fire District
Cortland
NY
Recruitment
$100,700.00
08/27/10
Safford
AZ
Recruitment
$930,400.00
08/27/10
ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Alton
IL
Hiring
$386,980.00
07/23/10
Bay City Fire Department
Bay City
MI
Hiring
$880,316.00
07/23/10
City of North Olmsted
North Olmsted
OH
Hiring
$839,970.00
07/23/10
Marion Fire Department
Marion
IN
Hiring
$269,808.00
07/23/10
Port Orange
FL
Hiring
$633,667.00
07/23/10
Alameda Fire Department
Alameda
CA
Hiring
$1,763,753.00
07/16/10
Canton Fire Department
Canton
OH
Hiring
$3,440,136.00
07/16/10
Hemet Fire Department
Hemet
CA
Hiring
$2,260,448.00
07/16/10
Largo
MD
Hiring
$3,458,681.00
07/16/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Hiring
$346,800.00
07/09/10
Bowling Green
VA
Hiring
$575,100.00
07/09/10
Dunn
NC
Hiring
$244,700.00
07/09/10
Warrenton
VA
Hiring
$757,350.00
07/09/10
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood
IL
Hiring
$116,096.00
07/09/10
Hanover Fire & EMS
Hanover
VA
Hiring
$329,596.00
07/09/10
Knightdale
NC
Hiring
$287,158.00
07/09/10
ROCHESTER
NY
Hiring
$194,518.00
07/09/10
Ross Twp Fire Department
Hamilton
OH
Hiring
$289,668.00
07/09/10
Scarborough
ME
Hiring
$448,100.00
07/09/10
St. George Fire
St. George
UT
Hiring
$916,550.00
07/09/10
Yaphank
NY
Recruitment
$4,147,972.00
07/09/10
Taylorville
IL
Hiring
$354,790.00
07/09/10
Blairsville
GA
Hiring
$240,525.00
07/09/10
Ware Fire Department
Ware
MA
Hiring
$463,696.00
07/09/10
Chelsea Fire Department
Chelsea
MA
Hiring
$1,827,300.00
06/25/10
Clermont
FL
Hiring
$212,452.00
06/25/10
Petaluma
CA
Hiring
$1,230,180.00
06/25/10
Cleveland
OH
Hiring
$1,029,725.00
06/25/10
Fall River
MA
Hiring
$10,837,003.00
06/25/10
Kokomo Fire Department
Kokomo
IN
Hiring
$1,946,640.00
06/25/10
New Orleans
LA
Hiring
$8,535,389.00
06/25/10
Ocean Shores
WA
Hiring
$166,866.00
06/25/10
Addison
IL
Hiring
$677,250.00
06/18/10
Bellingham
WA
Hiring
$888,553.00
06/18/10
Binghamton
NY
Hiring
$929,006.00
06/18/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$345,646.00
06/18/10
Rawlins Fire Department
Rawlins
WY
Hiring
$263,877.00
06/18/10
St. Marys
GA
Hiring
$520,336.00
06/18/10
Crescent
OR
Hiring
$440,510.00
06/11/10
Kalispell
MT
Hiring
$457,889.00
06/11/10
Bayshore Fire /Rescue
N. Ft. Myers
FL
Hiring
$367,861.00
06/04/10
Bethel
AK
Hiring
$133,779.00
06/04/10
Chelsea
MI
Hiring
$545,664.00
06/04/10
Healdsburg
CA
Hiring
$293,990.00
06/04/10
Jackson Fire Department
Jackson
MI
Hiring
$548,839.00
06/04/10
Kingston Fire Department
Kingston
NY
Hiring
$446,114.00
06/04/10
Ramseur
NC
Hiring
$157,626.00
06/04/10
Lehigh Acres
FL
Hiring
$8,971,851.00
05/28/10
Muncie Fire Department
Muncie
IN
Hiring
$3,539,864.00
05/28/10
Newport
KY
Hiring
$337,920.00
05/28/10
Casa Grande
AZ
Hiring
$251,535.00
05/28/10
Richfield
MN
Hiring
$305,121.00
05/28/10
Soledad Fire Department
Soledad
CA
Hiring
$163,488.00
05/28/10
Tiffin
OH
Hiring
$280,285.00
05/28/10
Plymouth
MA
Hiring
$627,190.00
05/28/10
Uniontown
PA
Hiring
$632,835.00
05/28/10
Westfield
MA
Hiring
$268,581.00
05/28/10
Willimantic
CT
Hiring
$263,083.00
05/28/10
Carmel
CA
Hiring
$772,132.00
05/21/10
Akron
OH
Hiring
$6,017,559.00
05/21/10
Niles
OH
Hiring
$240,183.00
05/21/10
San Bernardino
CA
Hiring
$2,769,602.00
05/21/10
Dowagiac Fire Department
Dowagiac
MI
Hiring
$145,786.00
05/21/10
Edwardsville
KS
Hiring
$218,212.00
05/21/10
Farmington Hills
MI
Hiring
$289,561.00
05/21/10
Huntington
IN
Hiring
$817,360.00
05/21/10
Muskegon Heights
MI
Hiring
$397,638.00
05/21/10
Orlando
FL
Hiring
$8,360,469.00
05/07/10
Columbia Fire Department
Columbia
SC
Hiring
$1,430,797.00
04/23/10
Los Angeles
CA
Hiring
$3,553,762.00
04/23/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$2,962,553.00
04/23/10
Worcester
MA
Hiring
$2,227,378.00
04/23/10
Flint
MI
Hiring
$6,766,350.00
04/09/10
Anderson
SC
Hiring
$656,225.00
03/31/10
Anderson Fire Department
Anderson
IN
Hiring
$690,606.00
03/31/10
Bangor Fire Department
Bangor
ME
Hiring
$291,443.00
03/31/10
Cabot Fire Department
Cabot
AR
Hiring
$657,203.00
03/31/10
Cincinnati
OH
Hiring
$6,904,000.00
03/31/10
Glendale
MO
Hiring
$168,632.00
03/31/10
Melrose
MA
Hiring
$464,464.00
03/31/10
Santa Cruz
CA
Hiring
$753,329.00
03/31/10
Steamboat Springs
CO
Hiring
$342,139.00
03/31/10
Cleveland Heights
OH
Hiring
$458,286.00
03/31/10
Dania Beach Fire Rescue
Dania Beach
FL
Hiring
$1,062,874.00
03/31/10
Decatur Fire & Rescue
Decatur
AL
Hiring
$1,563,508.00
03/31/10
Elko
NV
Hiring
$577,678.00
03/31/10
Elyria
OH
Hiring
$3,726,855.00
03/31/10
Fitchburg
MA
Hiring
$389,516.00
03/31/10
Atlanta
GA
Hiring
$2,858,856.00
03/31/10
Georgetown
TX
Hiring
$905,728.00
03/31/10
Havelock Fire/Rescue
Havelock
NC
Hiring
$332,624.00
03/31/10
Hutto
TX
Hiring
$473,105.00
03/31/10
Kansas City
KS
Hiring
$2,588,750.00
03/31/10
Bakersfield
CA
Hiring
$9,157,484.00
03/31/10
Silverthorne
CO
Hiring
$355,017.00
03/31/10
Lake Havasu City
AZ
Hiring
$897,728.00
03/31/10
Lincoln Fire and Rescue
Lincoln
NE
Hiring
$802,828.00
03/31/10
Loveland
CO
Hiring
$257,851.00
03/31/10
Lugoff Fire District
Lugoff
SC
Hiring
$323,588.00
03/31/10
Malden Fire Department
Malden
MA
Hiring
$768,956.00
03/31/10
Mansfield
TX
Hiring
$1,498,944.00
03/31/10
Middleton
ID
Hiring
$149,703.00
03/31/10
Mobile
AL
Hiring
$2,532,827.00
03/31/10
New London
CT
Hiring
$466,678.00
03/31/10
North Plainfield
NJ
Hiring
$460,578.00
03/31/10
Oakland Fire Department
Oakland
CA
Hiring
$921,736.00
03/31/10
Pittsfield
MA
Hiring
$427,198.00
03/31/10
Rogers Fire Department
Rogers
AR
Hiring
$319,207.00
03/31/10
Shreveport
LA
Hiring
$1,104,503.00
03/31/10
Smyrna Fire Department
Smyrna
GA
Hiring
$1,225,077.00
03/31/10
South Salt Lake City
UT
Hiring
$907,687.00
03/31/10
Southern Pines
NC
Hiring
$252,552.00
03/31/10
Springfield
MO
Hiring
$1,306,295.00
03/31/10
Chalmette
LA
Hiring
$875,570.00
03/31/10
St. Cloud
MN
Hiring
$475,833.00
03/31/10
Crawfordsville
IN
Hiring
$945,385.00
03/31/10
Nashville
NC
Hiring
$168,868.00
03/31/10
Urbandale
IA
Hiring
$837,953.00
03/31/10
Vallejo Fire Department
Vallejo
CA
Hiring
$803,707.00
03/31/10
Westport Fire Department
Westport
CT
Hiring
$1,211,193.00
03/31/10
Wheeling Fire Department
Wheeling
IL
Hiring
$488,910.00
03/31/10

Thanks Marshall. You just put me to sleep. Sweet dreams, and good luck mowing lawns in the morro. LG

Larry OKC
09-12-2010, 01:29 AM
And yet 2 of you decided to quote it verbatim....

so1rfan
09-12-2010, 07:34 AM
And yet 2 of you decided to quote it verbatim....

That was the point.

okclee
09-12-2010, 10:06 AM
WOW! Is this guy really a fireman in Okc?

If so, he is changing my perception of our city's Firefighters, not in a good way either.

lump9816
09-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I guess you can't have a serious discussion with children.

Larry OKC
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
That was the point.

Really? And the point was to put people to sleep 3 times over...

Mikemarsh51
09-12-2010, 09:24 PM
That was a nice Excel spreadsheet, when I posted it from my iPhone it did what it did. So1rfan, I'm sure you'll recover from the hell of that being posted. Okclee, it's terrible that your bothered that someone is standing up for themselves. You must not be used to that.

so1rfan
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Really? And the point was to put people to sleep 3 times over...

North Tonawanda
NY
Recruitment
$71,136.00
09/10/10
Hyattsville
MD
Recruitment
$244,000.00
09/10/10
Santa Fe
NM
Recruitment
$499,200.00
09/10/10
White Bear Lake
MN
Recruitment
$447,800.00
09/10/10
Brewton
AL
Recruitment
$67,215.00
09/03/10
Bradley
WV
Recruitment
$223,820.00
09/03/10
Brighton
MI
Recruitment
$8,900.00
09/03/10
Burlington
NJ
Recruitment
$96,000.00
09/03/10
Sequim
WA
Recruitment
$756,795.00
09/03/10
Estacada
OR
Recruitment
$28,300.00
09/03/10
Weatherford
TX
Recruitment
$138,400.00
09/03/10
Humboldt
IA
Recruitment
$173,410.00
09/03/10
King of Prussia
PA
Recruitment
$200,800.00
09/03/10
Hamburg
NY
Recruitment
$36,325.00
09/03/10
Lapel
IN
Recruitment
$86,000.00
09/03/10
BURNSVILLE
NC
Recruitment
$200,000.00
09/03/10
Oak Park Fire Department
Oak Park
IL
Hiring
$309,396.00
09/03/10
Ocean Park
WA
Recruitment
$174,000.00
09/03/10
Palatka
FL
Recruitment
$382,000.00
09/03/10
Reiffton Fire Company
Reading
PA
Recruitment
$177,600.00
09/03/10
Saratoga Springs
NY
Hiring
$663,705.00
09/03/10
BRIDGEVILLE
PA
Recruitment
$63,400.00
09/03/10
Bellingham
WA
Recruitment
$215,397.00
09/03/10
Spanish Fort
AL
Recruitment
$125,000.00
09/03/10
Triune-Halleck VFD
Morgantown
WV
Recruitment
$63,800.00
09/03/10
Willow Grove
PA
Recruitment
$102,100.00
09/03/10
Windcrest
TX
Recruitment
$142,140.00
09/03/10
Sacramento
CA
Recruitment
$743,200.00
08/27/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Recruitment
$266,115.00
08/27/10
Lecanto
FL
Recruitment
$45,000.00
08/27/10
City of DeLand
DeLand
FL
Hiring
$177,402.00
08/27/10
Annandale
VA
Recruitment
$384,250.00
08/27/10
Hubbardston
MA
Recruitment
$84,000.00
08/27/10
Iowa Falls
IA
Recruitment
$34,132.00
08/27/10
Keizer Fire District
Keizer
OR
Recruitment
$208,540.00
08/27/10
Lebanon
CT
Recruitment
$274,000.00
08/27/10
Momence
IL
Recruitment
$100,000.00
08/27/10
Rockville
MD
Recruitment
$391,400.00
08/27/10
North Pole
AK
Recruitment
$194,145.00
08/27/10
Park Forest
IL
Recruitment
$62,800.00
08/27/10
Leonardtown
MD
Recruitment
$335,332.00
08/27/10
Virgil Fire District
Cortland
NY
Recruitment
$100,700.00
08/27/10
Safford
AZ
Recruitment
$930,400.00
08/27/10
ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Alton
IL
Hiring
$386,980.00
07/23/10
Bay City Fire Department
Bay City
MI
Hiring
$880,316.00
07/23/10
City of North Olmsted
North Olmsted
OH
Hiring
$839,970.00
07/23/10
Marion Fire Department
Marion
IN
Hiring
$269,808.00
07/23/10
Port Orange
FL
Hiring
$633,667.00
07/23/10
Alameda Fire Department
Alameda
CA
Hiring
$1,763,753.00
07/16/10
Canton Fire Department
Canton
OH
Hiring
$3,440,136.00
07/16/10
Hemet Fire Department
Hemet
CA
Hiring
$2,260,448.00
07/16/10
Largo
MD
Hiring
$3,458,681.00
07/16/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Hiring
$346,800.00
07/09/10
Bowling Green
VA
Hiring
$575,100.00
07/09/10
Dunn
NC
Hiring
$244,700.00
07/09/10
Warrenton
VA
Hiring
$757,350.00
07/09/10
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood
IL
Hiring
$116,096.00
07/09/10
Hanover Fire & EMS
Hanover
VA
Hiring
$329,596.00
07/09/10
Knightdale
NC
Hiring
$287,158.00
07/09/10
ROCHESTER
NY
Hiring
$194,518.00
07/09/10
Ross Twp Fire Department
Hamilton
OH
Hiring
$289,668.00
07/09/10
Scarborough
ME
Hiring
$448,100.00
07/09/10
St. George Fire
St. George
UT
Hiring
$916,550.00
07/09/10
Yaphank
NY
Recruitment
$4,147,972.00
07/09/10
Taylorville
IL
Hiring
$354,790.00
07/09/10
Blairsville
GA
Hiring
$240,525.00
07/09/10
Ware Fire Department
Ware
MA
Hiring
$463,696.00
07/09/10
Chelsea Fire Department
Chelsea
MA
Hiring
$1,827,300.00
06/25/10
Clermont
FL
Hiring
$212,452.00
06/25/10
Petaluma
CA
Hiring
$1,230,180.00
06/25/10
Cleveland
OH
Hiring
$1,029,725.00
06/25/10
Fall River
MA
Hiring
$10,837,003.00
06/25/10
Kokomo Fire Department
Kokomo
IN
Hiring
$1,946,640.00
06/25/10
New Orleans
LA
Hiring
$8,535,389.00
06/25/10
Ocean Shores
WA
Hiring
$166,866.00
06/25/10
Addison
IL
Hiring
$677,250.00
06/18/10
Bellingham
WA
Hiring
$888,553.00
06/18/10
Binghamton
NY
Hiring
$929,006.00
06/18/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$345,646.00
06/18/10
Rawlins Fire Department
Rawlins
WY
Hiring
$263,877.00
06/18/10
St. Marys
GA
Hiring
$520,336.00
06/18/10
Crescent
OR
Hiring
$440,510.00
06/11/10
Kalispell
MT
Hiring
$457,889.00
06/11/10
Bayshore Fire /Rescue
N. Ft. Myers
FL
Hiring
$367,861.00
06/04/10
Bethel
AK
Hiring
$133,779.00
06/04/10
Chelsea
MI
Hiring
$545,664.00
06/04/10
Healdsburg
CA
Hiring
$293,990.00
06/04/10
Jackson Fire Department
Jackson
MI
Hiring
$548,839.00
06/04/10
Kingston Fire Department
Kingston
NY
Hiring
$446,114.00
06/04/10
Ramseur
NC
Hiring
$157,626.00
06/04/10
Lehigh Acres
FL
Hiring
$8,971,851.00
05/28/10
Muncie Fire Department
Muncie
IN
Hiring
$3,539,864.00
05/28/10
Newport
KY
Hiring
$337,920.00
05/28/10
Casa Grande
AZ
Hiring
$251,535.00
05/28/10
Richfield
MN
Hiring
$305,121.00
05/28/10
Soledad Fire Department
Soledad
CA
Hiring
$163,488.00
05/28/10
Tiffin
OH
Hiring
$280,285.00
05/28/10
Plymouth
MA
Hiring
$627,190.00
05/28/10
Uniontown
PA
Hiring
$632,835.00
05/28/10
Westfield
MA
Hiring
$268,581.00
05/28/10
Willimantic
CT
Hiring
$263,083.00
05/28/10
Carmel
CA
Hiring
$772,132.00
05/21/10
Akron
OH
Hiring
$6,017,559.00
05/21/10
Niles
OH
Hiring
$240,183.00
05/21/10
San Bernardino
CA
Hiring
$2,769,602.00
05/21/10
Dowagiac Fire Department
Dowagiac
MI
Hiring
$145,786.00
05/21/10
Edwardsville
KS
Hiring
$218,212.00
05/21/10
Farmington Hills
MI
Hiring
$289,561.00
05/21/10
Huntington
IN
Hiring
$817,360.00
05/21/10
Muskegon Heights
MI
Hiring
$397,638.00
05/21/10
Orlando
FL
Hiring
$8,360,469.00
05/07/10
Columbia Fire Department
Columbia
SC
Hiring
$1,430,797.00
04/23/10
Los Angeles
CA
Hiring
$3,553,762.00
04/23/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$2,962,553.00
04/23/10
Worcester
MA
Hiring
$2,227,378.00
04/23/10
Flint
MI
Hiring
$6,766,350.00
04/09/10
Anderson
SC
Hiring
$656,225.00
03/31/10
Anderson Fire Department
Anderson
IN
Hiring
$690,606.00
03/31/10
Bangor Fire Department
Bangor
ME
Hiring
$291,443.00
03/31/10
Cabot Fire Department
Cabot
AR
Hiring
$657,203.00
03/31/10
Cincinnati
OH
Hiring
$6,904,000.00
03/31/10
Glendale
MO
Hiring
$168,632.00
03/31/10
Melrose
MA
Hiring
$464,464.00
03/31/10
Santa Cruz
CA
Hiring
$753,329.00
03/31/10
Steamboat Springs
CO
Hiring
$342,139.00
03/31/10
Cleveland Heights
OH
Hiring
$458,286.00
03/31/10
Dania Beach Fire Rescue
Dania Beach
FL
Hiring
$1,062,874.00
03/31/10
Decatur Fire & Rescue
Decatur
AL
Hiring
$1,563,508.00
03/31/10
Elko
NV
Hiring
$577,678.00
03/31/10
Elyria
OH
Hiring
$3,726,855.00
03/31/10
Fitchburg
MA
Hiring
$389,516.00
03/31/10
Atlanta
GA
Hiring
$2,858,856.00
03/31/10
Georgetown
TX
Hiring
$905,728.00
03/31/10
Havelock Fire/Rescue
Havelock
NC
Hiring
$332,624.00
03/31/10
Hutto
TX
Hiring
$473,105.00
03/31/10
Kansas City
KS
Hiring
$2,588,750.00
03/31/10
Bakersfield
CA
Hiring
$9,157,484.00
03/31/10
Silverthorne
CO
Hiring
$355,017.00
03/31/10
Lake Havasu City
AZ
Hiring
$897,728.00
03/31/10
Lincoln Fire and Rescue
Lincoln
NE
Hiring
$802,828.00
03/31/10
Loveland
CO
Hiring
$257,851.00
03/31/10
Lugoff Fire District
Lugoff
SC
Hiring
$323,588.00
03/31/10
Malden Fire Department
Malden
MA
Hiring
$768,956.00
03/31/10
Mansfield
TX
Hiring
$1,498,944.00
03/31/10
Middleton
ID
Hiring
$149,703.00
03/31/10
Mobile
AL
Hiring
$2,532,827.00
03/31/10
New London
CT
Hiring
$466,678.00
03/31/10
North Plainfield
NJ
Hiring
$460,578.00
03/31/10
Oakland Fire Department
Oakland
CA
Hiring
$921,736.00
03/31/10
Pittsfield
MA
Hiring
$427,198.00
03/31/10
Rogers Fire Department
Rogers
AR
Hiring
$319,207.00
03/31/10
Shreveport
LA
Hiring
$1,104,503.00
03/31/10
Smyrna Fire Department
Smyrna
GA
Hiring
$1,225,077.00
03/31/10
South Salt Lake City
UT
Hiring
$907,687.00
03/31/10
Southern Pines
NC
Hiring
$252,552.00
03/31/10
Springfield
MO
Hiring
$1,306,295.00
03/31/10
Chalmette
LA
Hiring
$875,570.00
03/31/10
St. Cloud
MN
Hiring
$475,833.00
03/31/10
Crawfordsville
IN
Hiring
$945,385.00
03/31/10
Nashville
NC
Hiring
$168,868.00
03/31/10
Urbandale
IA
Hiring
$837,953.00
03/31/10
Vallejo Fire Department
Vallejo
CA
Hiring
$803,707.00
03/31/10
Westport Fire Department
Westport
CT
Hiring
$1,211,193.00
03/31/10
Wheeling Fire Department
Wheeling
IL
Hiring
$488,910.00
03/31/10

Precisely. (now 4 times over.) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LordGerald
09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
That was a nice Excel spreadsheet, when I posted it from my iPhone it did what it did. So1rfan, I'm sure you'll recover from the hell of that being posted. Okclee, it's terrible that your bothered that someone is standing up for themselves. You must not be used to that.

Hey Marshall, how can you afford an iPhone on the meager salary that the city pays you?

metro
09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
WOW! Is this guy really a fireman in Okc?

If so, he is changing my perception of our city's Firefighters, not in a good way either.

Exactly why they should hire PR professionals and quit kicking themselves in the foot. Mike seems insistent on tarnishing their reps even worse.

MGE1977
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
B]Lord G[/B]
Do you know Mike? I hope that you do and that your incessant badgering of a man for what he does for a living is in good natured fun, otherwise I'd list you as one of the creepiest on this forum. There is no reason for this kind of philabustering, hijacking nonsense. Mike's I-phone betrayed him on this post and what was a nicely condensed version exploded, cut him some slack.

Soonerfan

Your pig avatar suits you.

On a side note

Why is it that every thread wherein a fireman states an opinion, somebody posts something like: "This is going to change the way I view firemen...." Its just an opinion.
We are, before fireman, citizens also.

Mike raises a good question: "Why would the city manager turn down what is in effect free money?" It is entirely up to oneself as to what their definition of free is and in that we can all have a lively debate. Why does it have to be threatened at every turn that someone is going to look at us differently because we shine light on issues close to our hearts and which have a direct impact on our working conditions?

We are fighting for our safety as well as the public good/safety. I would hope that rather than change your feelings toward us as a group, one would instead choose to see that our issues are constantly in flux. The MIII debate opened the door to our sisyphean fight for earned and negotiated standards.

Perhaps it will be clear that our issues never rest, and rather than view our threads on this forum as "The Fireman's Lament", or something to bore one's readership, one would instead understand that it is a constant push and pull that keeps Public Safety safe, organized, and providing the best service possible.

I think that in the end, we at least deserve the respect given to threads regarding Whole Foods Market, and what coffee shop closed down so somebody somewhere will have to travel another block for Java (and the accompanying emoticons). Afterall we are here to put their fires out also.

Wambo36
09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Marshall, how can you afford an iPhone on the meager salary that the city pays you?

Once again, Little Lord Fauntleroy, nobody but you is talking about salaries here. The thread was started to address the fact that the city manager doesn't want to take advantage of a grant program to alleviate manpower problems he insists the city can't afford. If you would like to speak to that it would be interesting, but my guess is you'll just continue to attack the poster.

MGE1977
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM

I don't think you would find a fireman around who would say that they are paid unfairly. Who are you to question what a guy would spend his money on?

You are a tiresome little person.

Can we get back to topic? Lets discuss the refusal to grant - grant monies to the FD. Ok?

so1rfan
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM
North Tonawanda
NY
Recruitment
$71,136.00
09/10/10
Hyattsville
MD
Recruitment
$244,000.00
09/10/10
Santa Fe
NM
Recruitment
$499,200.00
09/10/10
White Bear Lake
MN
Recruitment
$447,800.00
09/10/10
Brewton
AL
Recruitment
$67,215.00
09/03/10
Bradley
WV
Recruitment
$223,820.00
09/03/10
Brighton
MI
Recruitment
$8,900.00
09/03/10
Burlington
NJ
Recruitment
$96,000.00
09/03/10
Sequim
WA
Recruitment
$756,795.00
09/03/10
Estacada
OR
Recruitment
$28,300.00
09/03/10
Weatherford
TX
Recruitment
$138,400.00
09/03/10
Humboldt
IA
Recruitment
$173,410.00
09/03/10
King of Prussia
PA
Recruitment
$200,800.00
09/03/10
Hamburg
NY
Recruitment
$36,325.00
09/03/10
Lapel
IN
Recruitment
$86,000.00
09/03/10
BURNSVILLE
NC
Recruitment
$200,000.00
09/03/10
Oak Park Fire Department
Oak Park
IL
Hiring
$309,396.00
09/03/10
Ocean Park
WA
Recruitment
$174,000.00
09/03/10
Palatka
FL
Recruitment
$382,000.00
09/03/10
Reiffton Fire Company
Reading
PA
Recruitment
$177,600.00
09/03/10
Saratoga Springs
NY
Hiring
$663,705.00
09/03/10
BRIDGEVILLE
PA
Recruitment
$63,400.00
09/03/10
Bellingham
WA
Recruitment
$215,397.00
09/03/10
Spanish Fort
AL
Recruitment
$125,000.00
09/03/10
Triune-Halleck VFD
Morgantown
WV
Recruitment
$63,800.00
09/03/10
Willow Grove
PA
Recruitment
$102,100.00
09/03/10
Windcrest
TX
Recruitment
$142,140.00
09/03/10
Sacramento
CA
Recruitment
$743,200.00
08/27/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Recruitment
$266,115.00
08/27/10
Lecanto
FL
Recruitment
$45,000.00
08/27/10
City of DeLand
DeLand
FL
Hiring
$177,402.00
08/27/10
Annandale
VA
Recruitment
$384,250.00
08/27/10
Hubbardston
MA
Recruitment
$84,000.00
08/27/10
Iowa Falls
IA
Recruitment
$34,132.00
08/27/10
Keizer Fire District
Keizer
OR
Recruitment
$208,540.00
08/27/10
Lebanon
CT
Recruitment
$274,000.00
08/27/10
Momence
IL
Recruitment
$100,000.00
08/27/10
Rockville
MD
Recruitment
$391,400.00
08/27/10
North Pole
AK
Recruitment
$194,145.00
08/27/10
Park Forest
IL
Recruitment
$62,800.00
08/27/10
Leonardtown
MD
Recruitment
$335,332.00
08/27/10
Virgil Fire District
Cortland
NY
Recruitment
$100,700.00
08/27/10
Safford
AZ
Recruitment
$930,400.00
08/27/10
ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Alton
IL
Hiring
$386,980.00
07/23/10
Bay City Fire Department
Bay City
MI
Hiring
$880,316.00
07/23/10
City of North Olmsted
North Olmsted
OH
Hiring
$839,970.00
07/23/10
Marion Fire Department
Marion
IN
Hiring
$269,808.00
07/23/10
Port Orange
FL
Hiring
$633,667.00
07/23/10
Alameda Fire Department
Alameda
CA
Hiring
$1,763,753.00
07/16/10
Canton Fire Department
Canton
OH
Hiring
$3,440,136.00
07/16/10
Hemet Fire Department
Hemet
CA
Hiring
$2,260,448.00
07/16/10
Largo
MD
Hiring
$3,458,681.00
07/16/10
Carolina Beach
NC
Hiring
$346,800.00
07/09/10
Bowling Green
VA
Hiring
$575,100.00
07/09/10
Dunn
NC
Hiring
$244,700.00
07/09/10
Warrenton
VA
Hiring
$757,350.00
07/09/10
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood
IL
Hiring
$116,096.00
07/09/10
Hanover Fire & EMS
Hanover
VA
Hiring
$329,596.00
07/09/10
Knightdale
NC
Hiring
$287,158.00
07/09/10
ROCHESTER
NY
Hiring
$194,518.00
07/09/10
Ross Twp Fire Department
Hamilton
OH
Hiring
$289,668.00
07/09/10
Scarborough
ME
Hiring
$448,100.00
07/09/10
St. George Fire
St. George
UT
Hiring
$916,550.00
07/09/10
Yaphank
NY
Recruitment
$4,147,972.00
07/09/10
Taylorville
IL
Hiring
$354,790.00
07/09/10
Blairsville
GA
Hiring
$240,525.00
07/09/10
Ware Fire Department
Ware
MA
Hiring
$463,696.00
07/09/10
Chelsea Fire Department
Chelsea
MA
Hiring
$1,827,300.00
06/25/10
Clermont
FL
Hiring
$212,452.00
06/25/10
Petaluma
CA
Hiring
$1,230,180.00
06/25/10
Cleveland
OH
Hiring
$1,029,725.00
06/25/10
Fall River
MA
Hiring
$10,837,003.00
06/25/10
Kokomo Fire Department
Kokomo
IN
Hiring
$1,946,640.00
06/25/10
New Orleans
LA
Hiring
$8,535,389.00
06/25/10
Ocean Shores
WA
Hiring
$166,866.00
06/25/10
Addison
IL
Hiring
$677,250.00
06/18/10
Bellingham
WA
Hiring
$888,553.00
06/18/10
Binghamton
NY
Hiring
$929,006.00
06/18/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$345,646.00
06/18/10
Rawlins Fire Department
Rawlins
WY
Hiring
$263,877.00
06/18/10
St. Marys
GA
Hiring
$520,336.00
06/18/10
Crescent
OR
Hiring
$440,510.00
06/11/10
Kalispell
MT
Hiring
$457,889.00
06/11/10
Bayshore Fire /Rescue
N. Ft. Myers
FL
Hiring
$367,861.00
06/04/10
Bethel
AK
Hiring
$133,779.00
06/04/10
Chelsea
MI
Hiring
$545,664.00
06/04/10
Healdsburg
CA
Hiring
$293,990.00
06/04/10
Jackson Fire Department
Jackson
MI
Hiring
$548,839.00
06/04/10
Kingston Fire Department
Kingston
NY
Hiring
$446,114.00
06/04/10
Ramseur
NC
Hiring
$157,626.00
06/04/10
Lehigh Acres
FL
Hiring
$8,971,851.00
05/28/10
Muncie Fire Department
Muncie
IN
Hiring
$3,539,864.00
05/28/10
Newport
KY
Hiring
$337,920.00
05/28/10
Casa Grande
AZ
Hiring
$251,535.00
05/28/10
Richfield
MN
Hiring
$305,121.00
05/28/10
Soledad Fire Department
Soledad
CA
Hiring
$163,488.00
05/28/10
Tiffin
OH
Hiring
$280,285.00
05/28/10
Plymouth
MA
Hiring
$627,190.00
05/28/10
Uniontown
PA
Hiring
$632,835.00
05/28/10
Westfield
MA
Hiring
$268,581.00
05/28/10
Willimantic
CT
Hiring
$263,083.00
05/28/10
Carmel
CA
Hiring
$772,132.00
05/21/10
Akron
OH
Hiring
$6,017,559.00
05/21/10
Niles
OH
Hiring
$240,183.00
05/21/10
San Bernardino
CA
Hiring
$2,769,602.00
05/21/10
Dowagiac Fire Department
Dowagiac
MI
Hiring
$145,786.00
05/21/10
Edwardsville
KS
Hiring
$218,212.00
05/21/10
Farmington Hills
MI
Hiring
$289,561.00
05/21/10
Huntington
IN
Hiring
$817,360.00
05/21/10
Muskegon Heights
MI
Hiring
$397,638.00
05/21/10
Orlando
FL
Hiring
$8,360,469.00
05/07/10
Columbia Fire Department
Columbia
SC
Hiring
$1,430,797.00
04/23/10
Los Angeles
CA
Hiring
$3,553,762.00
04/23/10
Grand Rapids
MI
Hiring
$2,962,553.00
04/23/10
Worcester
MA
Hiring
$2,227,378.00
04/23/10
Flint
MI
Hiring
$6,766,350.00
04/09/10
Anderson
SC
Hiring
$656,225.00
03/31/10
Anderson Fire Department
Anderson
IN
Hiring
$690,606.00
03/31/10
Bangor Fire Department
Bangor
ME
Hiring
$291,443.00
03/31/10
Cabot Fire Department
Cabot
AR
Hiring
$657,203.00
03/31/10
Cincinnati
OH
Hiring
$6,904,000.00
03/31/10
Glendale
MO
Hiring
$168,632.00
03/31/10
Melrose
MA
Hiring
$464,464.00
03/31/10
Santa Cruz
CA
Hiring
$753,329.00
03/31/10
Steamboat Springs
CO
Hiring
$342,139.00
03/31/10
Cleveland Heights
OH
Hiring
$458,286.00
03/31/10
Dania Beach Fire Rescue
Dania Beach
FL
Hiring
$1,062,874.00
03/31/10
Decatur Fire & Rescue
Decatur
AL
Hiring
$1,563,508.00
03/31/10
Elko
NV
Hiring
$577,678.00
03/31/10
Elyria
OH
Hiring
$3,726,855.00
03/31/10
Fitchburg
MA
Hiring
$389,516.00
03/31/10
Atlanta
GA
Hiring
$2,858,856.00
03/31/10
Georgetown
TX
Hiring
$905,728.00
03/31/10
Havelock Fire/Rescue
Havelock
NC
Hiring
$332,624.00
03/31/10
Hutto
TX
Hiring
$473,105.00
03/31/10
Kansas City
KS
Hiring
$2,588,750.00
03/31/10
Bakersfield
CA
Hiring
$9,157,484.00
03/31/10
Silverthorne
CO
Hiring
$355,017.00
03/31/10
Lake Havasu City
AZ
Hiring
$897,728.00
03/31/10
Lincoln Fire and Rescue
Lincoln
NE
Hiring
$802,828.00
03/31/10
Loveland
CO
Hiring
$257,851.00
03/31/10
Lugoff Fire District
Lugoff
SC
Hiring
$323,588.00
03/31/10
Malden Fire Department
Malden
MA
Hiring
$768,956.00
03/31/10
Mansfield
TX
Hiring
$1,498,944.00
03/31/10
Middleton
ID
Hiring
$149,703.00
03/31/10
Mobile
AL
Hiring
$2,532,827.00
03/31/10
New London
CT
Hiring
$466,678.00
03/31/10
North Plainfield
NJ
Hiring
$460,578.00
03/31/10
Oakland Fire Department
Oakland
CA
Hiring
$921,736.00
03/31/10
Pittsfield
MA
Hiring
$427,198.00
03/31/10
Rogers Fire Department
Rogers
AR
Hiring
$319,207.00
03/31/10
Shreveport
LA
Hiring
$1,104,503.00
03/31/10
Smyrna Fire Department
Smyrna
GA
Hiring
$1,225,077.00
03/31/10
South Salt Lake City
UT
Hiring
$907,687.00
03/31/10
Southern Pines
NC
Hiring
$252,552.00
03/31/10
Springfield
MO
Hiring
$1,306,295.00
03/31/10
Chalmette
LA
Hiring
$875,570.00
03/31/10
St. Cloud
MN
Hiring
$475,833.00
03/31/10
Crawfordsville
IN
Hiring
$945,385.00
03/31/10
Nashville
NC
Hiring
$168,868.00
03/31/10
Urbandale
IA
Hiring
$837,953.00
03/31/10
Vallejo Fire Department
Vallejo
CA
Hiring
$803,707.00
03/31/10
Westport Fire Department
Westport
CT
Hiring
$1,211,193.00
03/31/10
Wheeling Fire Department
Wheeling
IL
Hiring
$488,910.00
03/31/10
* Now five times

Hey Marshall, how can you afford an iPhone on the meager salary that the city pays you? C'mon LG, you know he owns two businesses, both pay better than his regular gig.

That was a nice Excel spreadsheet, when I posted it from my iPhone it did what it did. So1rfan, I'm sure you'll recover from the hell of that being posted. Okclee, it's terrible that your bothered that someone is standing up for themselves. You must not be used to that. No worries from me Mikey Marshall. You see only a person foolish enough to post a list that long would be foolish enough to believe anyone would read it. I keep reposting it to show its ineffectiveness.

OINK OINK

Wambo36
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Exactly why they should hire PR professionals and quit kicking themselves in the foot. Mike seems insistent on tarnishing their reps even worse.

Metro, please point out how anything in this thread, before the sniping from LordHeadUpMy or some others started, was in any way tarnishing to the profession of the poster. This is supposed to be a forum for discussion of city related issues, is it not. Or is it just limited to the discussion of an elite few who try to control the input by attacking those they don't want to hear.

Camaro Z28
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
The City Manger and Police Chief would not know the truth if it bit them in the ass.

Mikemarsh51
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
LG or Pig fan, I'm rebuilding a couple of brick mailboxes in the next couple of days. I was thinking about giving my teenage sons some time off. I'll need a laborer. Let me know where to pick you up. Bring some work gloves. I'll Pay $25 an hour. That is what I pay on jobs like this. Let me know if you would like to participate in the American dream of capitalism.

Larry OKC
09-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Now five times

... You see only a person foolish enough to post a list that long would be foolish enough to believe anyone would read it. I keep reposting it to show its ineffectiveness.

if you really thought the person posting it was being foolish, what does it say about the person that keeps reposting it?:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: