View Full Version : Who's Going to Win America's Got Talent?

Bunty
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I think I'm most for Fighting Gravity to win. What they do is quite unusual and not merely another singing or magic act. But the other three finalists are actually singers, unusually talented, and I'd hate to judge who among them are best. But among them, I'm wondering most of all what the heck Prince Poppycock will do next to go all out in a final beyond flamboyant spectacle.

Soonerus
09-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Clearly the 10 year old...we will be hearing about her for the rest of our lives...Evanco...

mugofbeer
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
My money and heart is with the opera girl, too. She is beyond incredible for that age.

Prince Poppycock is the new Boy George.

Soonerus
09-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Jackie Evancho...

Thunder
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM
If you knew where to look for, the winner was already determined. Its all rigged, of course its only a show. The winner had already accepted and signed a contract, etc. I'll let you guys to either find the winner or wait for it to be televised.

skyrick
09-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Who cares?

jmarkross
09-09-2010, 08:31 AM
This particular thread answered many questions for me...please--everyone who watches it--add your input.

FFLady
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I think the top 2 will be Fighting Gravity & P. Poppycock. Jackie & Michael are very talented singers, but last year a singer won, and it's the year for an "act". I had heard that little Miss Jackie already has a contract for Carneige Hall and I'm sure Michael will have no problems getting "discovered"... :-)

TaoMaas
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
If you knew where to look for, the winner was already determined. Its all rigged, of course its only a show. The winner had already accepted and signed a contract, etc. I'll let you guys to either find the winner or wait for it to be televised.

There are laws against rigging these shows, ya know. If they advertise that the winner is determined by audience vote, then that's what they have to do. It would be crazy of them to risk killing the goose that lays the golden egg just so they can sign one particular contestant ahead of time. To date, there hasn't been anybody in the competition who is more valuable than the show itself.

CuatrodeMayo
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
The only one I'd pay to see is Fighting Gravity

MEvans
09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
My vote is for Prince Poppycock! Jackie Evancho is awesome, but not really a Vegas act, at least I hope she's not!
Thunder, since you think you already know who won, why not post it, before next Wednesday, and then we'll see if you're correct.

fuzzytoad
09-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I bet it's going to be: t̵͙̞̫̰͖̟͇̤͈̦̼̙͚͊ͬ̒ͨͬ̅ͨ̕̕͠ḧ̴̛̰̳̭͙̯̺̼̘̠̹́̃̑̌̈͂̐͛̅͆ͥ͘ ͖̟̮e̛̯̞̗̞̘̯ͨ͛ͣͩ͋̉̋͌̌͑̆̉ͫͦ͑̎͋̓̀ ̶̶̗̩̮̻̺͈̥ͮ̓͐̓͢͝p̡͔̥͚͎͇̮͖̗̼͈̦̆ͫ͑ͮ̈́ͨ͛̏̒ͯ̔̾̽́e̽͂̑̑̄ͪ͗ ̔ͮͦ̐̒̌̊̒͒҉̸̨̱͖̭̪͉̬̗̲̰͓͇̺̖̥͎͚̱̤͙͘͝r̋̏̄ͦ̊͂̎̈́͐̏ͪͭ̋̃ͭ̚ ̴͋͊ͦ́҉̤̮̣̭͈̪̥̞̥̙͇̙̘͓̱͉̜̦ͅs̷̴͇̘͔̯̦̳̳̮̳̳͛͊̔̈̀̑͆ͣͥͯ̕o ̢̡̹̺͇̘͔̙̲̥͕͈͌ͧͦͥ̎ͥ̔ͬ͂͞͝n̿ͬ̆҉̷̧̧̛̪͖̼͖̥͉̹̖ ̴̮̜͕̬̹̟͔̝͇̺̩̤̟̹̜͙̗͇͛̒̊ͫͯ̀̾ͦͣ̊̏ͪ͟ͅs̄͗̓̄ͪ̅̆̀͑ͦ̃ͤ̎ͨ̚̚ ̧̨͍͈̪͕̗̣͔̣̠̳̫̺̯͍̥̗͓̏͟͡͞c̓̎ͨͥ̿̋ͯͯ̅̔̋̈́ͤ̇̔ͦ̉ͣ͞͏̴̷͔̲̻ ͙̬̬̪r̶̰̰̰̪͓͓͍̥̠̩̭̺̖̣̖ͨ̾̑̒̈̏̿̋ͥ͛̉̒͑͘͢͠ͅi̴͔̰͔̠̽̈͑́͜͢ ͎̥̱̩̱̥͔̗͔̮̤̪ṕ̶̢̡͚̩̻̥̖͓̅͆̀ͤ́̀̐̍ͥ̚͡t̷͑̎ͧ̒́́̕͏̰̙̣̼̘ͅ ̲͓͎̬e̞̲̱͍̜̻͍̤̣͔͌̂̏͒ͬ̽͂̕͞ḑ̛͕̤͕͖̦̘̻̱ͨ͗͂̐̏́̍̉̉͗͒̄ͨ͟͝ ͔̗̯̣͎͍͙̬ͅͅ ̷͕͍͇̟̹̰͙̺͓̥̖̒̏̉̊̓͆̾͊͜ͅt̷̸̵̲͔͔̹͎̠̭͆͒ͮ͒̇̓ͮ̅ͫͯͨ̏ͨ̊̆͜ͅ ͔̰͚o͍̜͇̱̤̼̫͈̜̗͈̘̗̖͓͐̿̊ͥ̓͊̉̏̈́̄̃ͬ͘͡ ̥̟͕͈̱̭̱̤̗̮͔̱̰̜̿̂̒̽͐ͭ̔̽̏̇̐͛ͦ̌ͪͪ̓ͯ͝ͅẁ̡͚͙̅͐̔ͬ̅̿̍ͣ̀̀͢ ̲̣̳̲̜̬̯̼i̋ͦͤͧͦͬ̒̇̚҉͔͙̺̝͈̖̦̱̲̭̩̘̩̻̮̩ͅn̑ͯͦ͑ͦ̃́̈ͬ̅ͥͮ̚ ̮̜̩͖̯̭͎̫̲̜̜̟̠͔̫͉̺̻̲ͬ̔͢͝.̨̡̹̭̗͈̬̭̱̭͎͇̲͕ͭ̔͑̂̅̓́̕ ̣͓͔

Jersey Boss
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Linda Lovelace

BBatesokc
09-10-2010, 06:33 AM

Why do you assert such B.S. as facts Thunder? You could remove so much of the criticism to your posts (let alone eye rolling) if you'd just insert an "in my opinion" or "if you ask me." Or, do you really believe your dribble?

The winner has not been determined and most assuredly has not signed a contract as the winner. That being said, the producers do have alot of ability to steer the audience to the favored few they'd like to see win. In the end though it will be the audience votes that make the final determination.

Look no further than American Idol for proof. Most years it is not the winner who goes on to be famous. Ultimately they don't care who 'wins' as long as the audience tunes in.

Bunty
09-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe Thunder was thinking of America's Got Talent winner from last year, Kevin Skinner. Since his final performance in the competition was rather lame, maybe his winning had to be rigged. But maybe America was really voting with his humble background in mind. Anyway, I think all of the finalists this year are so well qualified and highly talented that whoever wins, no one will think it was rigged.

Bunty
09-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Poor Prince Poppycock. I think he blew it from taking his show from the spectacular to the subdued. If Anti Gravity was trying to top themselves, I don't think they did it. The two other singers didn't peak out too soon, so maybe one of them will win. If not, it's back to guessing Anti Gravity will win.

BBatesokc
09-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Caught most of it last night. Agree with Bunty...... Poppycock was a snooze, Anti-Gravity had their worst night. I really liked the little opera singer.

FFLady
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Well, the 2 I picked last week certainly had a off night....I like Grimm & would even splurge for one of his CD's (possibly). But I have the hardest time picturing a 10 yr old in Sin City. I believe she lives in PA, and there are 3 other children in that household, that would have to be uprooted. That being said, she has a great road ahead of her. I kind of get the impression that Sharon really doesn't want her to "win", on this show at least. Being married to Ozzy all these years, she probably has a pretty good idea about the biz...and how a 10 year old is really NOT a Vegas act...I could be wrong, but just my humble opinion. Sharon was certainly MAD at Piers last night, and maybe due to Piers buzzing P.P., America votes that way????

MEvans
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Prince Poppycock was not all that entertaining last night but he certainly didn't deserve to be buzzed. They should take the "buzzer" away on the final night. Michael Grimm was outstanding. The little opera singer was fantastic but I have a hard time voting for her to be a Vegas show. And Fighting Gravity has never been a favorite of mine. It will be interesting to see the outcome tonight. My vote goes to Michael Grimm.

Dustin
09-15-2010, 08:13 PM
It's Jackie's competition to lose.. Lets be real.

Soonerus
09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Grim wins over Jackie...somewhat surprising but he was good too...

Dustin
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Blasphemy!!! I guess he had a good story though..

OSUMom
09-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy's voice. He is extremely talented and I might buy a CD of his depending on what direction he takes his music (more blusey). But the reason he won is because it is mainly 12 year old girls that vote in these competitions. And those sad brown eyes tearing up every time they spotlighted him won their little hearts.