View Full Version : OKC Police Fails

Thunder
09-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Both of their stations, on Main St and across from the County Jail, locked all of their doors at night. There is completely no access inside to seek help with the dispatch service center! Last night, there was an emergency and all attempts to enter these frickin buildings failed. I had to seek help at the County Jail, which is open 24 hours.

OKC Police, you need to learn from the Del City Police. Stop failing!

rcjunkie
09-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Both of their stations, on Main St and across from the County Jail, locked all of their doors at night. There is completely no access inside to seek help with the dispatch service center! Last night, there was an emergency and all attempts to enter these frickin buildings failed. I had to seek help at the County Jail, which is open 24 hours.

OKC Police, you need to learn from the Del City Police. Stop failing!

That's why you dial 911 !!!

Thunder
09-06-2010, 08:23 AM
That's why you dial 911 !!!

Nah. We needed specific help by finding the specific moronic officers and figuring out what the hell happened. OKC Police should never lock the public out during the overnight hours. No excuse.

rcjunkie
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Nah. We needed specific help by finding the specific moronic officers and figuring out what the hell happened. OKC Police should never lock the public out during the overnight hours. No excuse.

So you expected to walk inside the station and ask for an officer by name and have him/her respond to your beckon call, tell me your net being serious.

MightyHorse
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
:LolLolLol:LolLolLol:LolLolLol:LolLolLol

Thunder
09-06-2010, 03:20 PM
There was 2 officers that came to the house, woke mom up, and starting being Mr. Know It All (you know how dumb cops act). Mom had a hard time understanding them and they gave the "expression" and left fast. Mom woke me up telling me what happened and I had to drive around everywhere. I needed to see those dumb cops and punch some sense in them. Long story. Just know that a police station should NEVER lock their doors. Its just stupid. This is another F grade for OKC.

MikeOKC
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Thunder, You call the division they work out of and ask to speak to the supervisor. He/she can arrange a meeting. It's really that simple and they do it all the time. As far as tracking them down at the downtown station that's...ummm....not the way to do it. If you knew how far this city has come in community relations with the police department under Bill Citty you would be amazed. If you really want to talk to these officers, find out the division, call the supervisor, ask for a citizen's meeting.

ljbab728
09-06-2010, 09:38 PM
There was 2 officers that came to the house, woke mom up, and starting being Mr. Know It All (you know how dumb cops act). Mom had a hard time understanding them and they gave the "expression" and left fast. Mom woke me up telling me what happened and I had to drive around everywhere. I needed to see those dumb cops and punch some sense in them. Long story. Just know that a police station should NEVER lock their doors. Its just stupid. This is another F grade for OKC.

Thunder, punching some sense into a police officer would make sure that they will throw the doors wide open for you. They would be closed and locked again right behind you too. LOL

Thunder
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Thunder, punching some sense into a police officer would make sure that they will throw the doors wide open for you. They would be closed and locked again right behind you too. LOL

Not really. They can't arrest me when I present them the facts. I've found out that OKC have several divisions, so I emailed to the boss of the south division warning him to inform the officers to back off of someone or else I will expose them on here.

ljbab728
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Not really. They can't arrest me when I present them the facts. I've found out that OKC have several divisions, so I emailed to the boss of the south division warning him to inform the officers to back off of someone or else I will expose them on here.

Thunder, I promise you, if you punch a policeman you will be arrested. It won't matter how right you are about what happened before.

Thunder
09-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Thunder, I promise you, if you punch a policeman you will be arrested. It won't matter how right you are about what happened before.

No one said anything about physically punching.... Oh the imagination kids have these days.

fuzzytoad
09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
I needed to see those dumb cops and punch some sense in them.

No one said anything about physically punching.... Oh the imagination kids have these days.

Maybe you need some counseling or something...

ljbab728
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Maybe you need some counseling or something...

I'm glad you saw that too fuzzy. I was beginning to think I just imagined what he said. LOL

Thunder
09-07-2010, 01:27 AM
You obviously have limited use of word expression. Just because a word is commonly use for something doesn't mean it will always be meant in that way. Go back to school.

jmarkross
09-07-2010, 05:56 AM
A vapid thread.

easternobserver
09-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I, for one, have never had to try to get into a police station after hours, have never needed to seek out police officers to punch them, and have never had to try to tell the police to back off from anyone. Exactly who are you associating with that you get in these messes?

BBatesokc
09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Anyone who knows me knows I'm no cop cheerleader, but to expect the police station to be open and the front doors manned 24/7 is ludicrous. That said, many stations in other cities do have a call box outside the headquarters front door for after hour emergencies on the very rare occasion that someone needs help.

bluedogok
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Anyone who knows me knows I'm no cop cheerleader, but to expect the police station to be open and the front doors manned 24/7 is ludicrous. That said, many stations in other cities do have a call box outside the headquarters front door for after hour emergencies on the very rare occasion that someone needs help.
...but they are open in Law & Order :doh:

USG'60
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Thunder, you are not going to get any sympathy until you tell the whole story, even if only the brief version. All we know about is your emotional reaction.

ultimatesooner
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
funny thread

diesel
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Gang member?

Thunder
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
My brother had a flat tire, parked on the grass, and was away with a friend. Police considered it a crime for having a flat tire and parking on the grass, so they wanted to scare the hell out of mom to search for him. It was really stupid of these policemen not being clear what was happening. We kept trying to reach him, but his phone was off. He didn't come home till hours later. During all that time, we went to different police stations trying to figure out what the hell was happening. We know that someone near his truck was taken into custody and none of us know who that guy is (seen picture). What is really interesting is how the cops enjoy jumping to conclusions and assuming everything they can think of.

kevinpate
09-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Thunder, for what it is worth, many, probably most, communities have city ordinances against parking vehicles on the grass at a home. Since you say they woke your mom up to inquire, I am curious, was the vehicle also blocking part of the sidewalk?

Also, you either did not say or I missed it. Was any citation written, or are you perhaps overly riled up over a fairly minor matter?

Thunder
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
I was sleeping when 2 cops came to the house, woke her up, and asked for my brother. They wanted a picture of him and asked mom if he had ever break-in before. Mom told them no and she wasn't sure what was going on and the cops did not tell her much before they left in a hurry. After they left, mom woke me up all worried, so I tried texting him and then went to the Del City station to find out what was happening. The nice lady there told me his truck was found, so I went over to the location and saw his truck. It was parked on the grass on OGE property which was strange to me.

Nearby OGE crew approached me asking if this was my truck. Duh, no! I asked them if they had seen my brother...why is his truck here...etc. They showed me a picture on a camera (dunno how they got such picture) of someone in my brother's truck. Not my brother. Dunno who the hell that is. They said the guy ran off. All this time I am trying to text my brother, but no answer. Back at the DC station, the lady said to go down to the OKC station.

So I took mom down with me to TWO stations downtown. Closed. Locked. Only help we could find was at the county jail someone was making calls for us. We learned that someone nearby was arrested, but none of them knew where my brother was. They was saying maybe he was involved with something or maybe the truck was stolen. Mom kept thinking that someone knocked him out and stole his truck.

But now he is home and we told him what happened. LOL I told him to leave his phone on ALL THE TIME. No reason to turn it off. He said his battery was low. We were trying to stop the police from wrongfully arresting him (earlier the cops assumed he broke in something?) or just trying to find him. Dunno why a guy nearby was brought into custody. Dunno if it was the same guy around my brother's truck. Just wrong timing, wrong spot to pull over for a flat tire.

Police has not been back and nothing was written that I know of. I emailed to several addresses giving them a stern warning. I guess they got that and dropped it.

Still, never close a police station overnight. That is just stupid.

Millie
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm sure the police really care about your stern warning. What are you going to do? Go park your car on THEIR grass next time?

Easy180
09-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm interested in the wording of your stern warning to police...Sounds like a great idea

bradzilla
09-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I was sleeping when 2 cops came to the house, woke her up, and asked for my brother. They wanted a picture of him and asked mom if he had ever break-in before. Mom told them no and she wasn't sure what was going on and the cops did not tell her much before they left in a hurry. After they left, mom woke me up all worried, so I tried texting him and then went to the Del City station to find out what was happening.

By your original post i thought you were being a drama queen; but i can understand your frustration of having two cops show up to your house in the middle of the night, tell you your brothers truck was abandoned, ask for picture ID of him and then them leaving without giving your mom with any contact info.

I think any person on this board would be disturbed if that happened to their family member or child.

Thunder
09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I know, bradzilla. We had thoughts that someone tried to steal his truck and that something had happened to him.