View Full Version : Wadda ya mean we ran out?!?!?!

kevinpate
09-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Executions are going into stand by mode in many states due to low supplies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usjusticeexecution;_ylt=AqBuzy78bXKZ54N2PW_DpbhH2o cA;_ylu=X3oDMTMxN2NzcWw1BGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FmcC91c2p1c3 RpY2VleGVjdXRpb24EY2NvZGUDbXBfZWNfOF8xMARjcG9zAzUE cG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNsZXRoYWxkcn Vnc3U-

skyrick
09-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Good.

fuzzytoad
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Ropes are still available... cheap too...

rcjunkie
09-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Ropes are still available... cheap too...

Bullets are still very affordable, would only take 4--5 per execution.

fuzzytoad
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM

True, but you can use the same rope over and over again... not so with the bullets..

Thunder
09-04-2010, 11:23 PM
In Oklahoma, authorities only have enough sodium thiopental for one execution although two are scheduled -- for October 14 and 15.

Stupid people... This is a bible belt state... Why are we murdering people?! God (or Jesus) said "Thou Shall Not Kill" and it is still being ignored today. Love thy neighbor! Stop the hate! This is God's way of telling us to stop the mass murders.

fuzzytoad
09-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Stupid people... This is a bible belt state... Why are we murdering people?! God (or Jesus) said "Thou Shall Not Kill" and it is still being ignored today. Love thy neighbor! Stop the hate! This is God's way of telling us to stop the mass murders.

Oh, I see... so if you're a savage who would normally be sentenced to death for murdering people, you don't have to follow that commandment, right?

And it should be all hunky-dory if you ignore that commandment... you should be entitled to 3 meals a day + snacks, cable TV, free housing, free medical care..

Forget the fact that you murdered and raped 15 9-year olds, God doesn't want you to be killed...

Thunder
09-05-2010, 05:45 AM
They choose to give prisoners the luxury. There is no need to give them any luxury. There is one simple rule this bible belt state failed to follow what their holy God ordered them.

kevinpate
09-05-2010, 07:13 AM

Causes one to wonder ... are ya a tad twisted, or are you presuming incompetence when it comes to someone aiming a firearm?

rcjunkie
09-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Causes one to wonder ... are ya a tad twisted, or are you presuming incompetence when it comes to someone aiming a firearm?

Not twisted, you have 4--5 with rifles but only one or two has live ammo, that way none are sure who fired fatal shot.

kevinpate
09-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Not twisted, you have 4--5 with rifles but only one or two has live ammo, that way none are sure who fired fatal shot.

okie doke. I read it as a suggestion that 4-5 live rounds would be needed to get the job done. Gotcha now.

nighttrain12
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Is God telling us in some other way to stop all the abortions too (of which there are many more of than prisoners being executed)? Maybe this is the way to stop all abortions, give the fetus 15 years of appeals before the abortion (murder) can be carried out.

TaoMaas
09-08-2010, 10:58 AM
How weird! My brother does anesthesia and he was telling me about this back in June. He was saying that they were about to run out of Propofol and that they didn't have good equivalents. This shortage may go beyond capital punishment uses and end up affecting surgeries, too.

jmarkross
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Is God telling us in some other way to stop all the abortions too (of which there are many more of than prisoners being executed)? Maybe this is the way to stop all abortions, give the fetus 15 years of appeals before the abortion (murder) can be carried out.

What a great idea! How can anyone all spun-up about civil rights contest this plan? Appeals--all the way to the Supreme Court...then exterminate them at about age 15-20 years...:doh:

jmarkross
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM

I think he means the tradition of one shell being a blank--so no one knows for sure who completed the sentence...

Matt
09-09-2010, 02:02 AM
How weird! My brother does anesthesia and he was telling me about this back in June. He was saying that they were about to run out of Propofol and that they didn't have good equivalents. This shortage may go beyond capital punishment uses and end up affecting surgeries, too.

I figured with Michael Jackson kicking the bucket, the national supply of Propofol would have been replenished by now. Guess not.

Kerry
09-09-2010, 05:46 AM
I used to be a big proponent of the death penalty but after touring a high security prison and seeing where the really bad people are kept, I think I prefer life in prison without parole. The cells I toured were 7 feet long and about 5 feet wide and all concrete, even the bed. They had one pillow that was so thin it hardley qualifies as pillow and the mattress was even thinner. I would go crazy living in that cell for 40 years. There were no windows to the outside and prisoners only get 30 minutes out a day and the only people they get to see are prison guards. They don't get to talk to other prisoners. In reality, execution is the easy way out.

But alas, we have separation of church and state, plus a new found love for Islam, so execution it is.

Jersey Boss
09-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I used to be a big proponent of the death penalty but after touring a high security prison and seeing where the really bad people are kept, I think I prefer life in prison without parole. The cells I toured were 7 feet long and about 5 feet wide and all concrete, even the bed. They had one pillow that was so thin it hardley qualifies as pillow and the mattress was even thinner. I would go crazy living in that cell for 40 years. There were no windows to the outside and prisoners only get 30 minutes out a day and the only people they get to see are prison guards. They don't get to talk to other prisoners. In reality, execution is the easy way out.

But alas, we have separation of church and state, plus a new found love for Islam, so execution it is.

Sharia law and capital punishment are on the same page.