View Full Version : TIF funding revoked for 3 downtown projects

metro
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Didn't see anyone post Steve's article from earlier this week. Anyhow glad to see Overholser Green's TIF funding get revoked and hopefully their contract all together. It was a joke that they approved it in the first place. They should have gone with Ellard's proposal. Interested to see what Tanenbaum is proposing, he's been silent the last few years.

http://newsok.com/tax-incremental-financing-allocations-revoked-for-three-downtown-oklahoma-city-projects/article/3490400?custom_click=pod_headline_real-estate-housing

okclee
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
The bright side to the economy being down. No Overholser Green's YEAH!!

metro
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, hopefully we'll get our wish of Overholser Green getting revoked of the awarded bid.

bornhere
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
How many TIF districts do we have now?

Larry OKC
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Think the Devon one is #8 (carved out of an existing one)

Spartan
09-03-2010, 11:19 PM
This is not good news, it is bad news...

Architect2010
09-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Agreed. I'm particularly bummed about the the Harding & Shelton development in Bricktown being scaled back. It would have been nice to have more structured parking and infill for that portion of Bricktown.

USG'60
09-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Agreed. I'm particularly bummed about the the Harding & Shelton development in Bricktown being scaled back. It would have been nice to have more structured parking and infill for that portion of Bricktown.

Where can one read the H&S plan?

Architect2010
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I read it through one of the Bricktown Urban Design Meetings on okc.gov a while back, I'm not sure if the site saves the minutes of previous meetings for the BUDC. I looked but I couldn't find it, I'm sorry USG.

betts
10-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Last night I was reading the newest edition of the City Sentinel (I think that's it's name) and there was a rendering of a new Overholser Green that was comprised of apartments. I should have brought it home, but figured I could find it online and have not been able to. There was also a story about the proposed apartments, and it looks like Chuck Wiggin got something together quicker than anticipated.

Kerry
10-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Last night I was reading the newest edition of the City Sentinel (I think that's it's name) and there was a rendering of a new Overholser Green that was comprised of apartments. I should have brought it home, but figured I could find it online and have not been able to. There was also a story about the proposed apartments, and it looks like Chuck Wiggin got something together quicker than anticipated.

Anyone can come up with some drawings - Chuck seems to have that part down. Getting financing is the hard part.

betts
10-04-2010, 06:52 AM
There definitely seems to be more money for rentals than sales right now, although we could have a plethora of rentals, the market could change and we'll be overbuilt downtown. I don't know why real estate developers always jump on the next big thing as if it's going to last forever. If I were a developer, I'd build in such a way that rentals could be converted to sales if we suddenly see an increase in interest in and money for home ownership downtown. It might happen.....it seems to have happened everywhere else but here, and the economy will change. But sometimes we're slow to catch on, I realize. He did use the two words I prefer: interior and street parking. I'm in favor of whichever project looks least like a suburban apartment complex and which has the smallest or absent parking lot.

Spartan
10-04-2010, 11:04 AM

http://www.city-sentinel.com/index.php

I don't think it was them, not on their website. I agree with Kerry, but still it would be interesting to see what Wiggin at least hopes to build. There's no doubt that Wiggin is a legitimate developer based on what he's done in the past and recently in Tulsa. He just had a bad proposal. It ultimately must be rebid and proposals must be judged against each other, and whichever out of Tanenbaum or Wiggin or other has the best proposal should get the bid. Even though it probably won't be Wiggin, don't rule him out.

Larry OKC
10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Spartan, that link doesnt work correctly (brings up GoDaddy.com), I don't think they have a website. I recall seeing the same thing as Betts though.

flintysooner
10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
This link seems to be correct: http://www.myspace.com/thecitysentinel

Larry OKC
10-05-2010, 04:06 AM
but how do you get to an online version of the paper?

flintysooner
10-05-2010, 04:28 AM
I found a Facebook entry, too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklahoma-City-OK/The-City-Sentinel/#!/pages/Oklahoma-City-OK/The-City-Sentinel/238488335787?ref=ts

Both the MySpace and Facebook pages reference the http://www.city-sentinel.com/ site which is a GoDaddy place holder. Probably means they've reserved the domain but not posted their site yet.