View Full Version : Rappel down Sandridge Tower

metro
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM
That's right. Raise enough money for Special Olympics and you get to rappell down Sandridge Tower. This would be awesome!

http://www.specialolympicsoklahoma.org/OverTheEdgeOKC.html

Eep
09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Raise enough money for Special Olympics and you get to rappell down Sandridge Tower.
The rest of us will have to be content with rappelling down the plaza. :-P

PennyQuilts
09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Would the city actually let them do that????

skyrick
09-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Would the city actually let them do that????

I don't think the city would have a say in the matter. It's private property isn't it?

Thunder
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
What is Rappelling?

kevinpate
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
silly ol' weight limit pro anyhow. I readily admit, that would be FUN!

so1rfan
09-02-2010, 06:54 PM
What is Rappelling?

here, let me google that for you: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Rappelling

Dustin
09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
here, let me google that for you: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Rappelling

No, no, no you did it wrong. Your supposed to make them feel like an idiot. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rappelling

so1rfan
09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
No, no, no you did it wrong. Your supposed to make them feel like an idiot. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rappelling

lol, that's awesome.

HOT ROD
09-03-2010, 12:42 AM
We did the same thing here in Seattle a few weeks ago.

The building was about the same height as SandRidge too - so keep in mind that they aren't picking supertall's but mid sized skyscrapers for this. And it is perfectly legal since it is sponsored by the owners of the building.

bombermwc
09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Red Rock Canyon....awesome rapelling! There's a nice flat wall right when you get in...great for going head first too.

Talequah actually has some great places nearby too. There's an old Native Oklahoma tourism video that was shot there...i happened to end up there not long after they filmed it and thought, "why is this so familiar?" LOL

metro
09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Red Rock Canyon isn't very tall, Wichita's are better. There are some places you can get 300 ft rappels in (about the same as Sandridge Tower), although Sandridge would be fun. I once rappeled off my old church which as about 2 stories, we used it as a "training ground" for newbies. I'd love to rappel off a DT skyscraper.

nik4411
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
you guys are losers. someone asks a question and you cant answer it?

Larry OKC
09-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Which question didn't get answered?

Spartan
09-03-2010, 11:22 PM

What is rappelling? Seriously? In case you haven't noticed, nothing the poster in question with a question ever has to say is all that bright...

ljbab728
09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
What is rappelling? Seriously? In case you haven't noticed, nothing the poster in question with a question ever has to say is all that bright...

Spartan, admittedly some of his comments and questions seem a little off the wall to many of us but that doesn't mean they should just be dismissed. He obviously has a genuine interest even if at a little different level regarding some topics.

Bunty
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
What is rappelling? Seriously? In case you haven't noticed, nothing the poster in question with a question ever has to say is all that bright...And so how have you just contributed in an interesting, intelligent and informative manner?

Spartan
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
And so how have you just contributed in an interesting, intelligent and informative manner?

I didn't say Thunder isn't bringing anything worthwhile to the discussions. I actually often enjoy reading his remarks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you mostly stay in the politics forum (which I mostly stay out of)? Obviously I don't think I've been in many discussions that you've been in too, so we are from opposite ends of this site.. are you saying Thunder is more perceptive over there?

soonerfan_in_okc
09-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Oh snaps you are bringing out the L word.

In all reality though, thunder needs to realize that instead of asking a question on a message board and waiting for someone to respond, all he has to do is use a search engine. It is 2010, and that is common knowledge. Just because people are giving him a hard time for asking a simplistic question doesn't mean anything bad. They are simply trying to help him become less dependent on other posters and more dependent upon himself when it comes to the internet.

so1rfan
09-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I wasn't trying to help anyone, I was intentionally being an ass.

Bunty
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I didn't say Thunder isn't bringing anything worthwhile to the discussions. I actually often enjoy reading his remarks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you mostly stay in the politics forum (which I mostly stay out of)? Obviously I don't think I've been in many discussions that you've been in too, so we are from opposite ends of this site.. are you saying Thunder is more perceptive over there? No. I just thought you were being needlessly rude. In other words, there's a big difference in response from post 7 and your post no. 15.

OKCisOK4me
09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
My God people, it's a freakin joke. Calm the freak down. Wow, he said, "this is how you were suppose to do it..." I thought it was hilarious and I now know what to send my mom or anyone else for that matter now that I was informed of it due to this thread. A lot of you guys need to pull the stick out. Whether your IQ is 20 or 200 (sorry, I don't really know the official range) that was awesome and whoever came up with the website is a knee slapper and a half in my opinion. Lighten up... I'm always over at my mom's or whatever and in the middle of conversation everyone will be pondering the corners of their brain trying to remember vital information. I pull out my phone and Google the information. Plain and simple.

Back to topic it would be freakin awesome to repel down the Sandridge Tower but with my fear of heights I know I'd freak and puke on someone's window or something.

Thunder
09-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I didn't know what the word was. Never heard it before. I asked, then looked it up, but left the question there for someone to answer in case another person is wanting to know what the word is.

I'll go look up repel and/or repelling. I am sure others would like to know what that word is.

jmarkross
09-04-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRwqWo-dh34

OKCisOK4me
09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Thunder, if you actually opened the link provided in the initial post then you would see pictures of people with repelling equipment on. It's where you bounce down a vertical surface using ropes and restraints. It's a long form of bungee jumping but much safer and much slower. Raise $1,200 and you yourself can enjoy the views many window washers and 'Go Thunder' poster hangers have taken in...

HOT ROD
09-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Thunder, you can always try "dictionary.com" for the meaning of most things that aren't specific jargon or slang.

kevinpate
09-04-2010, 06:50 PM
rappelling = crashing with style

skyrick
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
If Sandridge and Devon were in Texas someone would B.A.S.E. them. I don't think OK has a very big B.A.S.E. community though. Maybe some Skiatookers will come down.