View Full Version : Big 10 Breaking News

SoonerQueen
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
The Big Ten has announced its two divisions, confirming earlier reports: Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern are one division. Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue and Indiana are in the other

Kerry
09-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Wow - they split up Michigan and Ohio St. I didn't see that coming.

TAlan CB
09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
When you see the history of Ohio State football, the only thing that matter to them is how well they play against Michigan - now this. In the past Oklahoma played 2 games that mattered - Texas and Nebraska (and I am saying that as an OSU alum). Texas was for "State Pride", but Nebraska was for the conference. When they split Oklahoma from Nebraska, well it was only a matter of time until the original Big 8 would fall apart. I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen here - unless they work the schedule so that this game could continue. Otherwise, I think the dooms the historic Big 10.

Kerry
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Looking at the division break-down, they were probably trying to keep the Big X West from becoming the BIG XII North. Think about it. If Michigan went to the East, that would leave Nebraska as the best team in the West. They couldn't have Michigan, Ohio St, AND Penn St in the same division (unless they were the only teams in the division and the other 9 team were in the other division)