View Full Version : Searching for best places and activities.

Thunder
08-30-2010, 11:27 PM
OKAA is hosting the FOTAS events this upcoming weekend. I'd like to make a brochure listing the places we have to offer for the Texas people coming up to stay for the weekend. I know of several major attractions, but lack some certain other things.

I'd like to know the best establishments for dining breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
I'd like to know the best clubs for night-life activities.

The event will be at the Best Western Saddleback Inn and Conference Center. So I am looking for activities in the area and also including downtown OKC and Bricktown. The events will be from Friday till Sunday. Also hoping if there are places that will open on Monday (Labor Day) for those choosing to explore.

kevinpate
08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
OKAA is hosting the FOTAS events this upcoming weekend. I'd like to make a brochure listing the places we have to offer for the Texas people coming up to stay for the weekend. I know of several major attractions, but lack some certain other things.

I'd like to know the best establishments for dining breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
I'd like to know the best clubs for night-life activities.

The event will be at the Best Western Saddleback Inn and Conference Center. So I am looking for activities in the area and also including downtown OKC and Bricktown. The events will be from Friday till Sunday. Also hoping if there are places that will open on Monday (Labor Day) for those choosing to explore.

Just about everything except government offices remain open on Labor day.
I don't recognize your acronyms. What do OKAA and FOTAS stand for?

Thunder
08-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Oklahoma Aquarium Association (fish club) and Federation of Texas Association Societies (all fish clubs in Texas).

Thunder
08-31-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.bricktownokc.com/dining.asp

Can't put them all onto a brochure, so I need a couple of the best places that will appeal most to these Texas people.

kevinpate
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.bricktownokc.com/dining.asp

Can't put them all onto a brochure, so I need a couple of the best places that will appeal most to these Texas people.

Pick a couple of the local non-chain places, keep in mind the type folks coming. If they are flush with money, point them toward the higher end places like Red Prime and The Mantle. If they are middle of the road, Abuelo's, Crabtown. IF they are eat on the cheap folks, include Micky D or Taco Bell places.

I don't know your crowd. Would suggesting seafood set off fish people the same way inviting PETA types to a cookout might?

Thunder
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Is there any special events happening this weekend?

Thunder
08-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Kevin, thanks, I have included some of your top picks among with others' top picks. Red Prime and Crabtown must have gone out of business.

kevinpate
09-01-2010, 06:54 AM
> Red Prime and Crabtown must have gone out of business.

Canna imagine why you would think that, but you oughta rethink it.

Crabtown info = http://www.funfresh.com/pearls-crabtown
Red Prime = http://www.redprimesteak.com/

As for weekend events, I dunno what's happening out and about. My SIL is in for a few days post-training. This weekend is thus the last weekend my daughter and kiddos are with us before moving on to his next station. Haven't even wondered what's happening over the holiday weekend as a result. Too busy huggin grandchildren and trying to not think about how much the missin' them is gonna bite once they are gone. On the bright side, it's been a great summer.

Thunder
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Bricktown didn't have it on their list. LOL Thanks for your help. I am almost done with the brochure.

Eep
09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Bricktown didn't have it on their list. LOL
Crabtown is on that list (under "Pearl's Crabtown"). I wouldn't expect Red Prime to be because it's not in Bricktown. Nonna's is another lovely higher end restaurant in Bricktown, and it's nice for groups because they have lots of space and a large, varied menu.