View Full Version : Downtown apartment options?

Superhyper
08-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Hello All,

My current lease is ending in December, and I'm interested in moving downtown if there are any reasonable options. My max price is 600$ a month, so that limits me from the Magnolia lofts above Native Roots (though those are nice). I'm just curious to see if anyone has any other suggestions. It'd be fine if it's not right on main street, just the downtown area is all i'm looking into.

Spartan
08-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I rented a house 2 blocks north of downtown for $700...also what the East Village goes for. $600 is tough.

I know it's possible though because I had an aunt who lived in an artist loft above Main Street when she went to OU in the 80s. You'll just have to do some serious digging and ask around, maybe the Downtowners Association can help you out.

blangtang
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Mr Robert's Furniture has upstairs one bed apartments for lease in the 375-450 range. Might not be the wide open lofty area, but there are a few. Plus you drop off your rent in the furniture store down below. and you could hang out your window for the NMFest in the spring.

There is a loft type one above the Red Room just west of Coach's poolhall, but it might be around 600/mo. Not sure when its available next.

There are apts above Victoria's on C Corner that go for 500 or 550 last i knew someone up there a year ago...

dismayed
08-30-2010, 06:03 PM
There are lofts on Main above Michaelangelo's and the shops over in that area too. It's been a while since I knew someone who lived in them but they are probably going to be near your max price. Dunno if any are available... sometimes you just have to go in and talk to the shop owners below.