View Full Version : OU Projects

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

ou48A
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
While I do not know the specifics of OU's program, most of the ones I have seen are conservative enough that they are still loosing verses inflation in construction prices.

That's probably right.

But I have wondered if during depressed times when material prices are low if it might not be a bad idea to go ahead buy things like rebar and store it until its time to build the project.

ou48A
07-30-2013, 04:40 PM
I can definitely assure you at OU will not be replacing Lloyd Noble anytime soon, its an unfortunate truth.

You may be right, but according to Joe C. all options are on the table.

All options would include the possibility of a new arena.

BG918
07-30-2013, 05:13 PM

The article I read seemed to imply that all options were on the table to do something with LNC. I would love to see a new arena though, even if it was smaller than LNC. Something on the Duck Pond lot with the main entrance facing a new plaza at Jenkins & Brooks, and completing the east end of the quadrangle formed by the stadium, Armory, Price Hall and the fieldhouse. Parking would be in what is left of the Duck Pond lot and likely a new garage in the same area that also serves the campus. Contrary to popular belief parking would actually be easier since it would be more spreadout among existing and new campus garages and lots, as well as people parking in Campus Corner for pre-game dinner/drinks and walking to the arena, which you can't really do with LNC. Such a facility would also be within walking distance of a possible campus commuter rail stop.

Geographer
07-30-2013, 07:29 PM

Athletics department is only allowed a certain amount of debt to revenue ratio. The athletics department is rather near the threshold so any project would be way down the line. OU is still paying off the east side upper deck and has a 30 year loan out on headington. It will be a while

ou48A
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Athletics department is only allowed a certain amount of debt to revenue ratio. The athletics department is rather near the threshold so any project would be way down the line. OU is still paying off the east side upper deck and has a 30 year loan out on headington. It will be a while

The debt on the east side of the stadium was reportedly restructured. Donations paid for a very large % of this construction.
The report at the time said that this debt would be paid off in full some time in 2011.
This was reported in the local news media.
What are your sources?

Hedington Hall also recived sigifiacnt donations from several sources.
OU's athletic revenue / budget has risen by very significant amounts over the past several years.

ou48A
07-30-2013, 10:21 PM
SoonerSports.com - Official Athletics Site of the Oklahoma Sooners - On Campus (http://www.soonersports.com/school-bio/castiglione.html)

An interesting statistic is that since the start of OU's great expectations campaign is that it has generated over 330 million dollars in donations for OU athletic causes.

Sooner Magazine, Summer 2010 -- Great Expectations Realized (http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/Summer2010/story.asp?ID=384)

Acording to this $70 million was raised for renovations and expansion to Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, upgrades to the Barry Switzer Center football facility include a new locker room, upgraded training space and equipment areas, as well as high-tech meeting rooms and film rooms, and new coaches’ offices.

Bunty
07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Wasn't that a part of T Boone Pickens rather massive donation a while back?

It covered the new Athletic Village part for sure. The state is funding none of that. It's all a big privately funded project with many other donors, other than Pickens.

BimmerSooner
07-31-2013, 05:00 AM
OSU's dorms were privatized. That's how it was funded. A company owns and operates them on behalf of the university. OSU, by contract, will get full possession of them in 30 years. Other universities have done similarly. Boren stated, at the time, that he was not interested in doing that here.

Geographer
07-31-2013, 06:51 AM
The debt on the east side of the stadium was reportedly restructured. Donations paid for a very large % of this construction.
The report at the time said that this debt would be paid off in full some time in 2011.
This was reported in the local news media.
What are your sources?

Hedington Hall also recived sigifiacnt donations from several sources.
OU's athletic revenue / budget has risen by very significant amounts over the past several years.

I won't reveal my sources, but the Athletics Department has a 30 year loan on Headington Hall, so even with all those contributions, there is still a sizeable amount to be paid. There is still money out on the east side expansion as well, I don't know where the local media got that report from.

Zuplar
07-31-2013, 07:33 AM
OSU's dorms were privatized. That's how it was funded. A company owns and operates them on behalf of the university. OSU, by contract, will get full possession of them in 30 years. Other universities have done similarly. Boren stated, at the time, that he was not interested in doing that here.

This is what CU is doing with their newest student apartments.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't mind apartment living being taken over by a private entity, provided it was one with high standards. The Traditions apartments that OU built are pretty disappointing and I believe a private company could do worlds better. The dorm situation is probably better left to OU, but who knows. If they'd level the towers and blocks south of there, that would open up TONS of land for private apartments and new dorms and whatever else OU saw fit to have built.

Geographer
07-31-2013, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't mind apartment living being taken over by a private entity, provided it was one with high standards. The dorm situation is probably better left to OU, but who knows. If they'd level the towers and blocks south of there, that would open up TONS of land for private apartments and new dorms and whatever else OU saw fit to have built.

Something that NEEDS to happen is leveling the terrible Kraettli apartments that mostly international students live in. They are all ratty, create a super block, and have terrible overall design. If these could be razed and some better apartment/village style living could be put there instead that would help a ton as well. It's a great location, on the bus route, and not far from campus class buildings.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Something that NEEDS to happen is leveling the terrible Kraettli apartments that mostly international students live in. They are all ratty, create a super block, and have terrible overall design. If these could be razed and some better apartment/village style living could be put there instead that would help a ton as well. It's a great location, on the bus route, and not far from campus class buildings.

Yep, those definitely need to go. Along with the dorm towers, Sooner Suites, the Cate and Cross Centers, the Thurman White forum, hell even the Honors College needs a serious redo - all of that just needs to go and they need to start over and do it right.

And if they want to creep north across Lindsey St. and tear down the Dale Hall and Tower monstrosity and redo that, that's cool with me too.

Geographer
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Yep, those definitely need to go. Along with the dorm towers, Sooner Suites, the Cate and Cross Centers, the Thurman White forum, hell even the Honors College needs a serious redo - all of that just needs to go and they need to start over and do it right.

And if they want to creep north across Lindsey St. and tear down the Dale Hall and Tower monstrosity and redo that, that's cool with me too.

..and the Physical Science center haha.

Basically anything built from 1960-1980.

But seriously, I don't think Dale Hall will be torn down anytime soon. It has too many big classrooms that would be hard to place elsewhere on campus in the mean time. Dale Hall Tower just received a "renovation" as well. I do like DHT for the views...I had Spanish IV at the top of DHT.

SoonerDave
07-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Hey....curiosity here...

What's the typical monthly rate to live in the dorms at OU?

Geographer
07-31-2013, 08:11 AM
It just depends on which dorm, but for the Towers it is $4,359 (which includes the meal plan cost of $1,973). So for roughly 4 months for room and food, its $1,089.75.

BG918
07-31-2013, 08:13 AM
OU needs to update its master plan, and focus on revamping its student housing options. Many other state universities are razing their old dorms and building on-campus student apartments, including OSU. What would really create the demand for new housing would be OU making all freshmen AND sophomores live on campus, either in university or Greek housing.

Other than housing what are OU's primary needs as far as new or renovated facilities?
- Huffman Rec Center - renovation and aquatics center expansion
- Bizzell Library - renovation
- New science building - replacement for GL Cross
- New health center - replacement for Goddard on adjacent parking lot
- New larger social sciences/classroom building - possible replacement and expansion of Dale and Copeland Halls
- New engineering/technology building - new construction in the Engineering Quad along Jenkins
- New larger building for eTEc (Emerging Technology Entrepreneural Center) in Campus Corner; joint venture between OU and City of Norman
- Stadium west side upper deck renovation/expansion to match the east side completed in '03

Geographer
07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
OU needs to update its master plan, and focus on revamping its student housing options. Many other state universities are razing their old dorms and building on-campus student apartments, including OSU. What would really create the demand for new housing would be OU making all freshmen AND sophomores live on campus, either in university or Greek housing.

Other than housing what are OU's primary needs as far as new or renovated facilities?
- New larger social sciences/classroom building - possible replacement and expansion of Dale and Copeland Halls
- New engineering/technology building - new construction in the Engineering Quad along Jenkins
- New larger building for eTEc (Emerging Technology Entrepreneural Center) in Campus Corner; joint venture between OU and City of Norman
- Stadium west side upper deck renovation/expansion to match the east side completed in '03

I agree. Some of those south oval buildings on the west side need to be revamped. Hester Hall on Elm is currently being renovated.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 08:27 AM
..and the Physical Science center haha.

Basically anything built from 1960-1980.

But seriously, I don't think Dale Hall will be torn down anytime soon. It has too many big classrooms that would be hard to place elsewhere on campus in the mean time. Dale Hall Tower just received a "renovation" as well. I do like DHT for the views...I had Spanish IV at the top of DHT.

Oh yeah, the blender needs to go. But I'm pretty sure it just underwent a renovation too.

I don't think Dale Hall is going anywhere either. It just wouldn't bother me AT ALL if it was dozed. It does have some of the biggest classrooms on campus though, so they'd need new space before they even remotely seriously considered it.

Dale Hall Tower does have some very nice views! I had Spanish up there as well and found myself more often than not just staring out the windows.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 08:30 AM

I'm really hoping OU and Boren start to really utilize the IQC and Blair Humphreys as they move forward renovating campus. That's a phenomenal resource right on campus!

I agree with most of your suggestions, but how likely are these to happen? Are these concrete ideas you've heard they're considering? For example, they've been talking about redoing Goddard since at least 2002, but we see how much progress that has made. And I would LOVE to see the eTEc move to Campus Corner, but I doubt Boren lets them leave the Research Campus.

BG918
07-31-2013, 10:04 AM
eTec is already on Campus Corner, but in a small non-descript office building on Asp (where they want to build the new "high density apartments) as well as a second location with more warehouse/industrial space on University north of Main. This is a great resource and business incubator for Norman that could be even larger with a new building, especially something mixed-use integrated into Campus Corner. The research campus has their own incubators that are growing but are mainly for biotech and weather-related start-ups in the Partners buildings.

And those were just my ideas. OU doesn't have any large projects currently proposed and I'm just speculating what the next round will be. The campus has already been transformed by over a billion dollars in new construction over the past decade but there is still a lot that can be done to improve if OU wants to be an elite state university.

Spartan
07-31-2013, 10:36 AM
It's all about the profit motive now..

ou48A
07-31-2013, 12:19 PM
I won't reveal my sources, but the Athletics Department has a 30 year loan on Headington Hall, so even with all those contributions, there is still a sizeable amount to be paid. There is still money out on the east side expansion as well, I don't know where the local media got that report from.

Acording to this link 70 million was raised for renovations and expansion to Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, upgrades to the Barry Switzer Center football facility include a new locker room, upgraded training space and equipment areas, as well as high-tech meeting rooms and film rooms, and new coaches’ offices.
Sooner Magazine, Summer 2010 -- Great Expectations Realized (http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/Summer2010/story.asp?ID=384)

According to this link.... Phase I of the expansion and renovation centered around a towering new east side that includes an upper deck, 27 luxury sky suites, the Kerr McGee Stadium Club and a club seating section. New perimeter fencing, a new scoreboard and clock tower, enlarged east and north concourse areas with improved amenities, and renovations to the press box and existing luxury suites were also high on the project list, along with plans to give the stadium exterior a major makeover of brick and glass. The projected price tag of the initial phase is $73 million, with Phase II costs expected to be near $10 million.
Total project cost for phase 1 & 2 = $83 million.
University of Oklahoma Foundation, Inc. - Printer Friendly Version (http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/fall2003/printer.asp?ID=79)

That leaves 13 million to be financed. OU increased its football ticket prices by $5 a ticket to help pay for the expansion / improvements.
OU's budget has roughly tripled in the past 13 years.
When it comes to the stadium, for their to still be out standing bond debt for the east side project, it's something that just isn't adding up right for ther to still be bond debt on this?

Geographer
07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
double post. oops

Geographer
07-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Acording to this link 70 million was raised for renovations and expansion to Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, upgrades to the Barry Switzer Center football facility include a new locker room, upgraded training space and equipment areas, as well as high-tech meeting rooms and film rooms, and new coaches’ offices.

According to this link.... Phase I of the expansion and renovation centered around a towering new east side that includes an upper deck, 27 luxury sky suites, the Kerr McGee Stadium Club and a club seating section. New perimeter fencing, a new scoreboard and clock tower, enlarged east and north concourse areas with improved amenities, and renovations to the press box and existing luxury suites were also high on the project list, along with plans to give the stadium exterior a major makeover of brick and glass. The projected price tag of the initial phase is $73 million, with Phase II costs expected to be near $10 million.
Total project cost for phase 1 & 2 = $83 million.
University of Oklahoma Foundation, Inc. - Printer Friendly Version (http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/fall2003/printer.asp?ID=79)

That leaves 13 million to be financed. OU increased its football ticket prices by $5 a ticket to help pay for the expansion / improvements.
OU's budget has roughly tripled in the past 13 years.
When it comes to the stadium, for their to still be out standing bond debt for the east side project, it's something that just isn't adding up right for ther to still be bond debt on this?

I don't know what to tell ya, all I can tell you is that there is still money out on the east side expansion.

ou48A
07-31-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't know what to tell ya, all I can tell you is that there is still money out on the east side expansion.

Without telling me who your sources are can you tell me/ us why they would know any more than whats been publicly published?
Because unless there is something I don't understand, and there may be, this just isn't adding up in my mind...

venture
07-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Without telling me who your sources are can you tell me/ us why they would know any more than whats been publicly published?
Because unless there is something I don't understand, and there may be, this just isn't adding up in my mind...

Just accept there are people more connected to you to the situation. I don't think he should risk himself by divulging information that isn't public. If you want to find out more, probably fill out a FOIA request. :)

ou48A
07-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Just accept there are people more connected to you to the situation. I don't think he should risk himself by divulging information that isn't public. If you want to find out more, probably fill out a FOIA request. :)

I do know that I know a lot more than you do on this and I do know that the public commits that I linked differ greatly from what he has said and I do know that I have some pretty decent personal and family contacts who could find out the truth with a phone call that any OU President would answer in a second,, but I would never bug any of them over such a trivial message board matter.:tongue:

CuatrodeMayo
07-31-2013, 02:35 PM
I do know that I know a lot more than you do on this and I do know..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loe1o0gjju1qi0mkao1_500.jpg

I know you. You know you. And I know you know that I know you.

SoonerDave
07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Think we *may* be closer to hearing something about the west deck/press box stuff for OMS, at least I hear its "on the radar" again. What that means, exactly, is anyone's guess :)

Geographer
07-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Think we *may* be closer to hearing something about the west deck/press box stuff for OMS, at least I hear its "on the radar" again. What that means, exactly, is anyone's guess :)

Now this is definitely something I can give somewhat validity towards.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 03:54 PM

Why had it gone off the radar? Money for other projects? Lack of interest?

ou48A
07-31-2013, 04:28 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loe1o0gjju1qi0mkao1_500.jpg

I almost didn't make that post because I knew how it would sound and I knew somebody would respond with something like you did.
But that's ok! LOL:wink:

ou48A
07-31-2013, 04:31 PM

That's very good to hear, but how could that be...........?

People are posting things on this thread like the “OU Athletics department is only allowed a certain amount of debt to revenue ratio” and “the athletics department is rather near the threshold so any project would be way down the line”

If we are to believe these types of post OU wouldn’t have enough bond money room left to do very much on that size of scale. A major west side stadium project for OU would seem out of the question not to mention a new replacement for the LNC or it's renovation that would spend 10's of millions and where Joe C just said that all options were on the table.

SOONER8693
07-31-2013, 05:57 PM

And, I'm sure you'll be the first in line to pony up the money for those things to happen.

HangryHippo
07-31-2013, 06:16 PM
And, I'm sure you'll be the first in line to pony up the money for those things to happen.

You don't have the first clue about anything regarding me.

But please feel free to continue making such valuable contributions.

venture
07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
So many egos clashing in this thread...sigh.

Seems to be a sample of what Norman is going through. Shoving out the old guard (and old way of thinking) with the newer younger folks who will actually lead (and live in) the city going forward.

ou48A
07-31-2013, 06:48 PM
So many egos clashing in this thread...sigh.

Seems to be a sample of what Norman is going through. Shoving out the old guard (and old way of thinking) with the newer younger folks who will actually lead (and live in) the city going forward.

Some of us are not as old as you think....... and old people are living a lot long these days.
Its the older people who have most of the money and thus most of the control...and they will have for a very long time.
But by the time you reach retiermnet age soylent green will be in full force, which may not be all that bad for guys like you.

SoonerDave
07-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Why had it gone off the radar? Money for other projects? Lack of interest?

The project was next on the list in the 2008 time frame just before the economy went in la toilette. All the relevant donors necessary for such a project went right along with it, and Joe C was on the radio not long after that happened saying something to the effect of "We'll only undertake the press box project when it makes financial sense to do so." Mind you, that is not intended to be a precise quote, but a good-faith paraphrase of a quote he made on the subject.

I think the press box rebuild was the last major part of the original master plan that was assembled many years ago, right about the time Stoops came on board. The intervening five years have also caused other priorities to shift around, and the Headington Hall build was a huge project, so perhaps its taken that long to get the ducks to line up. And I suspect they may have different ideas on how to execute the press box project now, anyway. Last credible plan I heard (and it was a while ago) was for a teardown of the existing box and a rebuild featuring a combination VIP suite-media/press facility that would run the full length of the west upper deck. This would be very similar to what Nebraska has done.

I, for one, will be excited to see this project, if only because I remember (and have pictures of) them building the existing press box as part of the west upper deck build with the STEP program in 1974. That was a big deal back in the day. :)

ou48A
07-31-2013, 08:04 PM

This really sounds like a university’s athletic department who has nearly maxed out on it debt issuance capacity and not ready to do anything.

Oklahoma athletics: Joe Castiglione says more facilities upgrades on the way | News OK (http://newsok.com/ou-caravan-notebook-joe-castiglione-says-more-facilities-upgrades-on-the-way/article/3867858)
Ryan Aber and Jason Kersey Published: July 31, 2013

CASTIGLIONE: MORE FACILITIES UPGRADES ON THE WAY

Sooners football coach Bob Stoops said earlier this week that the improvements to facilities at OU would continue.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione hinted at some of those improvements at Wednesday's Sooner Caravan stop at the Cox Convention Center.
Castiglione didn't give any specifics about upgrading Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium but said improvements were on the way.
“We're thinking of ways to make it better,” Castiglione said. “We just haven't announced it yet.”

Castiglione also spoke of the study, announced in May, of potential upgrades to Lloyd Noble Center.
“We're looking at everything from the facilities that serve out student-athletes to something as radical as changing the seating bowl at Lloyd Noble Center,” Castiglione said. “That building's about to be 40 years old.”

SOONER8693
07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
You don't have the first clue about anything regarding me.

But please feel free to continue making such valuable contributions.
Don't want to know a damn thing about you. But, please feel free to continue making comments about what should be done at OU, and we'll assume you're going to pony up the money for these projects. Now, go ask mommy if you can have some more milk and cookies. You're excused.

Geographer
07-31-2013, 09:24 PM
This really sounds like a university’s athletic department who has nearly maxed out on it debt issuance capacity and not ready to do anything.

Oklahoma athletics: Joe Castiglione says more facilities upgrades on the way | News OK (http://newsok.com/ou-caravan-notebook-joe-castiglione-says-more-facilities-upgrades-on-the-way/article/3867858)
Ryan Aber and Jason Kersey Published: July 31, 2013

CASTIGLIONE: MORE FACILITIES UPGRADES ON THE WAY

Sooners football coach Bob Stoops said earlier this week that the improvements to facilities at OU would continue.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione hinted at some of those improvements at Wednesday's Sooner Caravan stop at the Cox Convention Center.
Castiglione didn't give any specifics about upgrading Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium but said improvements were on the way.
“We're thinking of ways to make it better,” Castiglione said. “We just haven't announced it yet.”

Castiglione also spoke of the study, announced in May, of potential upgrades to Lloyd Noble Center.
“We're looking at everything from the facilities that serve out student-athletes to something as radical as changing the seating bowl at Lloyd Noble Center,” Castiglione said. “That building's about to be 40 years old.”

I can't tell you HOW I know, BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT THE ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT IS CURRENTLY NEAR IT'S DEBT LIMIT. Geez. Joe C isn't in charge of the athletics finances.

onthestrip
07-31-2013, 09:30 PM
OU fans arguing with each other...doesn't get much better than that.

ou48A
07-31-2013, 10:30 PM
I can't tell you HOW I know, BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT THE ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT IS CURRENTLY NEAR IT'S DEBT LIMIT. Geez. Joe C isn't in charge of the athletics finances.

I seriously doubt that one of the very best athletic directors in the entire nation and his pretty successful head football coach would be spouting stuff about making major stadium improvements and major LNC improvements that would cost many, many millions if Boren and the Board of Regents even remotely disproved of Joe C's and Stoops commitments. They wouldn't say these things in front of many OU booster and fans if the financial picture was as bad as you say and they certainly would not be saying anything if the time line is as long as you indicated. That's not how these people operate.

Joe C is on public record of saying that OU will make improvements when it makes financial sense and I just happened to hear Joe C say that with my own ears.

Given everything that has been linked from published sources and from OU sources that would almost certainly know more than you about OU's athletic finances and with you lacking rock hard information it's not to difficult to not find what your indicating as not being creatable information.

Since this past spring reliable people have been indicating to me that OU would be building a new west side press box in about 3 years.

ou48A
07-31-2013, 10:35 PM
The project was next on the list in the 2008 time frame just before the economy went in la toilette. All the relevant donors necessary for such a project went right along with it, and Joe C was on the radio not long after that happened saying something to the effect of "We'll only undertake the press box project when it makes financial sense to do so." Mind you, that is not intended to be a precise quote, but a good-faith paraphrase of a quote he made on the subject.

I think the press box rebuild was the last major part of the original master plan that was assembled many years ago, right about the time Stoops came on board. The intervening five years have also caused other priorities to shift around, and the Headington Hall build was a huge project, so perhaps its taken that long to get the ducks to line up. And I suspect they may have different ideas on how to execute the press box project now, anyway. Last credible plan I heard (and it was a while ago) was for a teardown of the existing box and a rebuild featuring a combination VIP suite-media/press facility that would run the full length of the west upper deck. This would be very similar to what Nebraska has done.

I, for one, will be excited to see this project, if only because I remember (and have pictures of) them building the existing press box as part of the west upper deck build with the STEP program in 1974. That was a big deal back in the day. :)

This post about what Joe C said is 100% spot on!

ou48A
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
plus agenda item 18 a new master plan for the LNC

ISSUE: LLOYD NOBLE CENTER MASTER PLAN – NC
ACTION PROPOSED:
President Boren recommends the Board of Regents:
I. Rank in the order presented below architectural firms under consideration to
provide professional services required for a master plan for the Lloyd Noble
Center and for improvements at the facility;
II. Authorize the University administration to negotiate the terms of an agreement
and a fee for these professional services, starting with the highest-ranked firm;
and
III. Authorize the President or his designee to execute the consultant contract.
BACKGROUND AND/OR RATIONALE:
The Lloyd Noble Center was constructed in 1975 with a major building addition
constructed in 2002. Current building area totals approximately 264,000 gross square feet. The
need has been identified for a comprehensive master plan for facility-wide improvements. The
master planning effort will require the services of an architectural consultant to provide
programming and to assist in the development of a comprehensive program. As funding is
available and improvements projects are approved and implemented, the selected consultant will
be requested to provide professional services for project design, construction documents and
construction administration

This post^ is worth a bump.
Would OU even be wasting money on a LNC study if they had no money to work with.

venture
07-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Joe C is on public record of saying that OU will make improvements when it makes financial sense and I just happened to hear Joe C say that with my own ears.
... ...
Since this past spring reliable people have been indicating to me that OU would be building a new west side press box in about 3 years.

Which sounds a lot like "we are at our debt limit right now, but in a few years we'll have it paid down (and with additional booster support) that we'll be able to move forward with additional projects. I don't see Geo saying that OU is going to be capped out for the long term. They'll get it paid down a bit and move forward.

The LNC portion is for the design/update for a master plan. I really don't see how this is that difficult to understand except for being stuck in a game of "i'm more connected than you are" which is really unbecoming of supposedly experienced and "mature" people. Sigh. LOL

ou48A
08-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Which sounds a lot like "we are at our debt limit right now, but in a few years we'll have it paid down (and with additional booster support) that we'll be able to move forward with additional projects. I don't see Geo saying that OU is going to be capped out for the long term. They'll get it paid down a bit and move forward.

The LNC portion is for the design/update for a master plan. I really don't see how this is that difficult to understand except for being stuck in a game of "i'm more connected than you are" which is really unbecoming of supposedly experienced and "mature" people. Sigh. LOL

No is doesn’t.....Not even at all. You are really grasping for things that you have no clue about. Buut that's becoming a faily regualr occurrence for you and you let it bleed over into many of your threads.
You act posisive.

ou48A
08-01-2013, 08:35 AM
The fact is that Joe C said OU will make improvements when it makes financial sense. This was said around the time of the great stock market crash...

Many of the donors for the press box project backed out and waited for their investments to recover. Now most but not all are back on board.
Delaying the press box project in such uncertain times was the right decision... in the mean time the priority shifted to Hedington Hall and several other expensive projects that have been well underway.

Now that it makes better financial sense to move forward with the press box and LNC, not mention several other projects worth millions it doesn’t paint a picture of an Athletic department in financial trouble particularly when you consider that the OU budget is at record levels and by comparison almost 20 million more than OSU who almost everybody thinks is rolling in money.

With a very low cost of living in Norman, OU's athletic budget was in 9th place in the NCAA according to the most recent fingers and this is before OU's new TV revenue fully kicks in.
With the price of oil above 100 dollars it helps many of OU's major donors. With everything considered, there is absolutely nothing that’s indicating any significant financial problems for OU athlitics!

Geographer
08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
This post^ is worth a bump.
Would OU even be wasting money on a LNC study if they had no money to work with.

Here is my last comment on this:

1. OU always needs donations. How do you get people excited to donate? You tell about all of the future things that OU is going to do and build. Enter Joe C....gotta keep those donations rolling in
2. The things that he says are probably going to happen, albeit not for a long time.
3. Fact: OU's Athletics Department is near the legal allowable debt limit (in terms of projects) and this won't change for a few years if not for a while.

This is my last message on this subject..believe what you will.

ou48A
08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Here is my last comment on this:

1. OU always needs donations. How do you get people excited to donate? You tell about all of the future things that OU is going to do and build. Enter Joe C....gotta keep those donations rolling in
As its been for many decades the best way to get most OU people to donate large sums of money back to the university is high oil and natural gas prices.

ou48A
08-01-2013, 09:19 AM
As its been for many decades the best way to get most OU people to donate large sums of money back to the university is high oil and natural gas prices.

To add to this ^ post

Some of you may know about a collection of rare books about the history of science at the OU Library.. The books were donated to OU by Everette DeGolyer who is considered by many to be the father of American geophysics. He graduated for OU in the 1910's. He made his money traveling the world looking for oil.

If you have ever been to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens at White Rock lake, that’s his estate. It a very nice place that I highly recommend.
As a university, OU can trace it's roots of oil donations back to the 1910's that I am aware of.

venture
08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
No is doesn’t.....Not even at all. You are really grasping for things that you have no clue about. Buut that's becoming a faily regualr occurrence for you and you let it bleed over into many of your threads.
You act posisive.

LOL.

There is really nothing more to add than what hasn't already been said. If you continue to ignore the facts then so be it.

ou48A
08-01-2013, 09:50 AM
LOL.

There is really nothing more to add than what hasn't already been said. If you continue to ignore the facts then so be it.

There are not facts on your side, none at all, at least not right now.

It's just one random poster on a message board who you have decided to side with because you don't like me. Everything including some of the leading experts on the issue at OU points to something that's the exact opposite of what you belive to be fact ... It's one thing to have a difrent and oposing opinion but when you have become this dislusional over an issue that so one sided it really is time to break out the Loony Tunes music for the world you live in and the things you think are facts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t18UuCX7Ek

LOL

venture
08-01-2013, 10:03 AM
There are not facts on your side, none at all, at least not right now.

It's just one random poster on a message board who you have decided to side with because you don't like me. Everything including some of the leading experts on the issue at OU points to something that's the exact opposite of what you belive to be fact ... It's one thing to have a difrent and oposing opinion but when you have become this dislusional over an issue that so one sided it really is time to break out the Loony Tunes music for the world you live in and the things you think are facts!

LOL

Sigh. Believe what you want.

ou48A
08-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Sigh. Believe what you want.

I will believe the facts and the informed opinions who are in charge of making things happen at OU who happen to have an outstanding record on these matters.
For example... How many times has Joe C been recognized as the top AD in the nation? But those are inconvenient facts for a guy like you. He knows whats going on with OU athletic finances. But back to your Loony Tune world.

Martin
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
guys... this pissing contest is getting old. knock it off. disagreements are fine... but let's keep it civil and mature, ok? -M

ou48A
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Please move on. Thanks.

Pete

ou48A
08-01-2013, 11:28 AM
@SoonerSportsTV 16h
If you were unable to attend tonight's @SoonerClub Caravan, we'll air it Thursday night at 7pm on @FSOklahoma:

dankrutka
08-01-2013, 12:14 PM
26 Reasons Why The University Of Oklahoma Is The Best University To Ever Grace This Earth (http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/tuck-fexas)