View Full Version : Litter Blitz 2005

Keith
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Litter Blitz 2005 runs March 29 through May 10.

During LitterBlitz, neighborhood, civic, church or business groups form tems to clean up litter — one time, one location.

LitterBlitz teams get lots of support and can choose the place, date and time for their particular 'blitz'.

Free trash bags, gloves, LitterBlitz stickers and more are provided. City trash crews collect filled bags and participants get an official certificate signed by the Mayor.

It's easy to be part of LitterBlitz. Register online (http://www.okcbeautiful.com/) at the Oklahoma City Beautiful website , or call Oklahoma City Beautiful at 525-8822.

Proactive Volunteer
03-14-2005, 09:22 AM
FROM THE OKC BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AT: WWW.OKCBEAUTIFUL.COM

March 29-May 10, 2005

LitterBlitz is a six-week anti-litter campaign, organized by OKC Beautiful and the City of Oklahoma City that works to reduce litter and create community awareness of the ever-present problem. Beginning in late March and ending in early May, volunteer groups gather to pick up trash in a selected location. Businesses, community organizations or individuals are encouraged to participate in this yearly event.

All volunteers are given surgical gloves, trash bags donated by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, and an anti-litter brochure to help them make their event a success.

Register online for LitterBlitz 2005!

Over 5,000 volunteers participated in LitterBlitz 2004, picking up at least one bag of trash per person. Thanks to the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation and Skyline Media Group, the 2004 campaign included an anti-litter advertising campaign featuring Terry the Trash-A-Saurus, who encourages viewers to “make trash a thing of the past.”

To kick off the six-week campaign, the Oklahoma City Mayor and Council Members join the OKC Beautiful Board of Directors to compete in “Dash for Trash – OKC Leaders Against Litter.” At the event, the two groups compete to see who can pick up the most trash. “Dash for Trash” takes place on the last Tuesday in March near the OKC Beautiful office. At the city council meeting earlier that day, a proclamation is read designating April as the official “LitterBlitz Month.”

Contact Katie Sutton, LitterBlitz Coordinator, at 525-8822 for more information.

All Content - 2005 OKC Beautiful
Site Design -

Patrick
03-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Driving Lake Hefner Parkway yesterday, I took a good look at the median and ditches on each side. It never ceases to amaze me, how much litter we deposit along our highways. IMO, it's embrassing to our city.

Litter Blitz is a great campaign, but our attempt to clean up our city shouldn't stop there. We need to better educate our citizens, and enforce anti-litter laws.

Proactive Volunteer
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Timley that you should mention this.

LitterBlitz is a once a year litter awareness campaign and removal program!

We are currently researching what kinds of anti-litter education and programs our peer cities are having success with.

I have already signed up my inner city neighborhood to LitterBlitz in April.

I challenge all of the posters of this forum to call OKC Beautiful and sign up an area to LitterBlitz this Spring.

Help clean up a portion of Oklahoma City that bothers you!