View Full Version : Red Robin coming to Norman

kielaaron
03-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Civil work has been going on for a few weeks at a site on south Ed Noble Parkway, and on my way to work this morning I saw they've posted a sign announcing that a Red Robin is being built. This will be the first location for them in the OKC area. There are already two in Tulsa.

http://www.redrobin.com/flash.html

I noticed their proliferation in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to eat at one. Anyone have any comments on how they are?

Ed Noble Parkway is close to filling in. The God-awful Just for Feet building sits vacant on the euro turnaround, and the water feature is still waiting for whatever they're doing to be finished. I believe there are only two plots left on the south end, but development is beginning to sign for spaces on west Lindsey, as it curves to meet 36th. I'm kind of sad that they're slowly destroying what's left of the landscape as they move through...

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-04-2005, 12:24 PM
They have a few back in Detroit...They were good last time I went to one about 7 years ago. I think it would be a good fit if they had one by Memorial. Fuddruckers also.

floater
03-04-2005, 12:31 PM
They have a few back in Detroit...They were good last time I went to one about 7 years ago. I think it would be a good fit if they had one by Memorial. Fuddruckers also.

OKC's southside used to have a Fuddruckers along I-240. I remember eating there only once. Too bad I was kid without any money of my own. Otherwise, I'd support much more.

swake
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Fuddruckers is ok, there are two in Tulsa. Fudd's is only decent burgers, sad to see them on Brookside, they fit much better on thier other location on 71st

Red Robin is far better, upscale somewhat expensive burger place, good bar, great unique burgers. There's on on 71st, but actually in Broken Arrow and the other is on south Riverside by the Jenks bridge. A third is going up in Owasso.

mranderson
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
That is all we need... Another hamburger joint. We have enough as it is.

swake
03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Red Robin is substantially better than other burger chains, worlds better than Chili’s or Applebee’s. The best fast food burger chain IMO is Steak and Shake, which OKC just got, and the best not fast is Red Robin, I’ve loved them for years before they came to Tulsa. It will be very popular in Norman and I’m sure more stores are on the way. And don’t sweat not having Fudd’s. It’s nothing special.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Ooooh, where will our Stake and Shake be? I haven't heard of this... lol. I'll be embaressed if it is down the block from my house (Memorial basically or somewhere in Yukon).

Anyway, I have been to the one across from the Oklahoma Acquarium, and it's just grand! Somewhat garish, but still pretty good. I believe they even make their own line of spices.

Anyway, ol' Fudds was nice... too bad that caved. Now I remember what I was going to say, when I was dropping something off over at OU I do believe I saw a pad site being terraformed. It is neighboring the new Johnny Carinos, and probably within 300 feet of Lindsey. I'll bet 50 bucks (not really, I don't bet) that that is it.

HFK
03-06-2005, 09:28 PM
"The best fast food burger chain IMO is Steak and Shake"

My only experience with Steak and Shake was a couple of years ago in Indianapolis. We ate there numerous times. The food was run-of-the-mill Diner quality, IMHO, but the Strawberry shake was excellent.

kielaaron
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
...I saw a pad site being terraformed. It is neighboring the new Johnny Carinos, and probably within 300 feet of Lindsey. I'll bet 50 bucks (not really, I don't bet) that that is it.

That is the exact site of the Red Robin aformentioned.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Aforementioned, eh? Sorry, I must have missed where you posted that.

Anyway, just where is our Steak & Shake?

swake
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
1225 East 2nd Street
Edmond, OK 73034
405-330-1833

erin
09-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I went to Red Robin on Friday. Service was fast, but I didn't think the burger was anything special. I think for nine dollars, a burger should be excellent. I probably won't go again.

MadMonk
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I feel the same way as Mr. Anderson. It would have to be something really special to arouse my interest in another "burger joint"; especially if its as expensive as erin says it is. I downloaded their menu and, while they sound different and interesting, how much better can even a "gourmet" burger be than what we already have?

Pete
09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I like Red Robin but they are in no way unique.

OKC/Norman seems a strange place for them to expand... The area has more of similar type restaurants per capita than just about any place.

Even if they have some success, they will just cannibalize Chilis, Applebees and the like.

chrisok
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess if you like all you can eat french fries, it would be the place for you.

brianinok
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I like their burgers. The Bonzai Burger is fantastic! I can't wait until the one on Memorial opens.

OUinLA
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
We've had them in California for years. I never really liked them though. I've been on a quest to find a good burger in California and I can just say that I didn't find it there.