View Full Version : Bedbug Registry

SoonerQueen
08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
http://bedbugregistry.com/location/ok/

You can look up apts,motels,hotels, etc to see if they have had a problem with bedbugs. This is not just Oklahoma but all over North American.

BBatesokc
08-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Sites like that are in my opinion very irresponsible and not to be trusted. You have no idea if the "reports" are real, bogus, exaggerated, or vicious lies by the competition.

Thunder
08-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Sites like that are in my opinion very irresponsible and not to be trusted. You have no idea if the "reports" are real, bogus, exaggerated, or vicious lies by the competition.

Then you should go against all online retailers for offering reviews/comments for their products. Paranoid much?

This is a useful resource and I am sure many will be using it.

BBatesokc
08-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Then you should go against all online retailers for offering reviews/comments for their products. Paranoid much?

This is a useful resource and I am sure many will be using it.

Not the same implications - which you'd know if you had an IQ above a bed bug. However, yes, I do find many online review sites to be very misleading and abused. Many restaurant and retail review sites are filled with bogus reviews (good and bad). To be reputable they should require the reviewer to at least provide an email address that is verified prior to posting and reviewers should be registered so you can can a sense of their overall participation and to track their IP address to keep them from posting multiple reviews on he same business.

Examples of similar sites/review compilations/etc. that don't always make sense and readers should be suspect;
1. Gazette's Best Of - obviously either a lot of people who don't get out voted and/or establishments voted for themselves.
2. Trip Advisor - Lists 'Joe's Addiction' in Valley Brook in OKC's top 10 restaurants (WTH?)
3. Yelp - List's The Wedge as the #1 restaurant in/near OKC. Seriously? The food is fine and all (just bought another $20 for $9 Wimgo deal on the place, but it shouldn't even be in the top 20 overall.

As for a bed bug registry - it will surely get some media attention simply because of the subject matter, but all it really serves to do is point an unsubstantiated finger at one establishment and give you a false sense of security about others. If this was somehow tied into actual complaints to the health department or health department inspections then it would have some credibility.

jmarkross
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM
BTW BBatesOKC...regarding this
which you'd know if you had an IQ above a bed bug.

This is a stupid and despicable thing to say to anyone. I understand that you get your kicks making these sort of silly remarks, but I hope others on these thread will *disengage* from wasting their time with you. You have tried to kick everyone on here in the balls...maybe it is YOU that has the problem.

BBatesokc
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Give me a break. I post my opinion on the thread topic and the king of doesn't have clue makes a personal swipe at me and you've got a problem with my retort?

Martin
08-24-2010, 10:11 AM
EVERYBODY... let's calm down and get back to topic. -M

SoonerQueen
08-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I didn't mean to start something here. I just thought the website is helpful when deciding on places to stay when traveling.