View Full Version : RIP - Michael Been of The Call

bluedogok
08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I used to listen The Call quite a bit, Michael Been, the lead singer/bass player who was born in OKC passed away backstage at a festival in Europe. He was acting as sound man for his son's band (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club).

Here's The Oklahoman article.
NewsOK.com - Oklahoma-born rocker Michael Been dies in Belgium (http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-born-rocker-michael-been-dies-in-belgium/article/3486996)

94huwzIHHJc

skyrick
08-22-2010, 09:19 PM
RIP Michael. I remember seeing the Call at the Bowery Club..."and the walls came down"

OkieHornet
08-23-2010, 09:27 AM
so sad to hear this... the call and inxs were the 2 bands that got me away from the classic rock/hair-metal phase i was in and they exposed me to so many other bands of that genre. saw the call once in stillwater and also a michael been/harry dean stanton show in stillwater - that one was oddly great... i had no idea he was related to the brmc guy until i saw them a few years back at the diamond and michael came up on stage from behind the soundboard to play piano on a song. he was a musical inspiration to many and will be missed...

FritterGirl
08-23-2010, 10:13 AM
He was definitely a unique voice in the rock / alt world. Will most definitely be missed.