View Full Version : Environmental Excellence Awards

swilki
08-20-2010, 12:44 PM
The organization that I work for is seeking nominations for its 20th Annual Environmental Excellence Awards Competition. These awards are given to groups of all shapes and sizes from across Oklahoma. The groups are recognized for their efforts in environmental improvement, beautification/landscaping and environmental education/promotion completed during the 12-month period ending June 30, 2010.

Deadline for submissions is this Wednesday, August 25th. I realize this deadline is rapidly approaching, so if you have any ideas or would like to submit one let me know. We can always work with you to get the nomination turned in.

Finalists will be honored and winners announced at our 20th Annual Environmental Excellence Celebration to be held at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel downtown Tuesday, November 16.

Last year, recipients in the OKC Metro area included Fmr. Mayor Ron Norrick and Ray Ackerman for their vision with the MAPs initiative, The City of Norman for its recent effort to be more sustainable, Keystone Adventure School and Farm in Edmond for its approach to teaching children the importance of the environment, Joe Cox and HIS Paint Mfg. for his desire to involve his company in Fresh Paint Days and improve communities across the state, Guaranteed Watt Saver Systems for embracing cutting edge technologies and concepts in support of a sustainable planet and Mercy Health Center was named the Best of the Environmental Best for its "green initiatives."

A complete list of award categories, an archive of past award winners and nomination forms can be found on our website at keepoklahomabeautiful.com/environmental-excellence-competition (http://www.keepoklahomabeautiful.com/environmental-excellence-competition).

Please, if you know of an individual, business or organization that should be nominated please consider nominating them or letting me know.

Thanks for your help!