View Full Version : Barons will need to get off to a good start.

Laramie
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Our next introduction to ice hockey must make a lasting impression on Blazers-Stars-Warriors fans if we are going to insure success of ice hockey's return to the metro.

The Thunder didn't get off to a great start; however, New Orleans-Oklahoma City Hornets were competitive enough for two years to at least jump-start the N B A in
O K C. Our taste of playoff blood only sets the bar higher for this season.

The WNBA will have another year in Tulsa to forge its blueprint to success for our little sister to the northeast.

The Springfield franchise (current part of OKC operations) did get off to a modest start; however, their season fell short after the initial first quarter of the season.

We know OKC hockey fans can be loud and proud; we will need your support to carve that initial impressive during the early October schedule.

Go Barons Go!

BrettL
08-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I hope so. From what I am seeing though I think we're in for a rough season. The top Oilers draft picks will be up playing in the NHL except a few of the lower picks. And the Oilers are very very thin, which means the Barons will be thin in talent as well.

I sure hope we don't get the fair weather fans who decide the fate of the Barons in 1 year. Give it time - they'll develop into a solid team.