View Full Version : Envy Collection - Out of Business? Relocating?

BBatesokc
08-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I noticed when I was driving by Bricktown/downtown yesterday that Envy Collections appears to be empty. Did they go out of business, relocate or what? I always thought that was a weird an unsustainable location based on overhead.

metro
08-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Well, they own the building so they basically don't have rent, they've had it sitting their empty for years.

BBatesokc
08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Well, they own the building so they basically don't have rent, they've had it sitting their empty for years.

You know better than that metro. Call it rent, call it a mortgage - either way its overhead. Throw in salaries, utilities, insurance, inventory and its expensive to operate a store front that didn't see alot of paying patrons.

metro
08-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Brian, true I do, but more than that I think it was concept and location that did it in for them. The Brewers own the building and have for years, so regardless the overhead was already there and they are paying it anyways to sit empty. Their only other tenant is Amtrak. Salaries, I believe one of the Brewers wife's run the store and they aren't hurting for money. My point is yes they are still expenses, but cheaper expenses then say if they would rent shop elsewhere. Location was bad though, that area isn't dense enough yet and relies solely on Courtyard Marriott and event traffic only. Besides, how many people still wear Ed Hardy T-shirts and $400 jeans in this economy. I'm their target demographic, but you wouldn't find me wearing that stuff even if I did have the money to spend on it.

BBatesokc
08-27-2010, 04:00 PM
No, I agree, as I first stated I didn't like the location and it was a very niche market. Hopefully it made for a good tax write off.

okcboy
08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
The store was doing ok actually. They moved out so a new tenant could move in. Its called Pinkitzel. They will be releasing info on it soon. Hope to be open by Oct - Nov. There is also 6k of available space next door. Just waiting on the right deal.