View Full Version : Room mate wanted

SoonerQueen
08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Share my house with me

Female room mate wanted to share my house. Bedroom is furnished w/ full size bed, dresser and book case.
$400.00/ month plus half electric and half gas. Water and cable included in rent. $200.00 NON-refundable
deposit.I have a cat and a dog so no pets please as 2 is enough. Shared bathroom. Covered deck/patio w
large back yard for BBQ's and having friends over. Pictures provided upon request. Smokers OK as I'm
a smoker too. A background check will be done. I will not respond to anyone who lives out of the country
or the State. If interested, email me at classylady1159@aol.com

This is not me, this ad is from a friend of mine. She's a nurse and needs to find a room mate to share expenses. If you are interested, email her.

blangtang
08-16-2010, 11:01 PM
ever heard of craigslist?

ljbab728
08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
A thread for development and civic issues is definitely not the appropriate place for this.

Spartan
08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Besides, we all hate each other on here. Who would wanna room with people such as Popsy, Spartan, Rover, Kerry, Metro, Steve, ljbab, ronronnie, prunepicker, and so on? You already can't stand anything they say, now try living with them or trying to get that for a friend. Sounds like a winner to me LOL.

ljbab728
08-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Besides, we all hate each other on here. Who would wanna room with people such as Popsy, Spartan, Rover, Kerry, Metro, Steve, ljbab, ronronnie, prunepicker, and so on? You already can't stand anything they say, now try living with them or trying to get that for a friend. Sounds like a winner to me LOL.

You're right about that Spartan. Not the best place to be roommate hunting.

SoonerQueen
08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
She has an ad on Craigslist and was getting people spamming her from out of the country. So i thought I'd help her and put an ad here. I had a hard time choosing the right category to put it on OKCtalk also. Maybe somewhere we could add a buy,sell, trade want ad type section.

ljbab728
08-16-2010, 11:46 PM
She has an ad on Craigslist and was getting people spamming her from out of the country. So i thought I'd help her and put an ad here. I had a hard time choosing the right category to put it on OKCtalk also. Maybe somewhere we could add a buy,sell, trade want ad type section.

SoonerQueen, that could get into a lot of liability issues that OKCTalk doesn't want to deal with. Craigslist has it's hands full with issues about prostitution and illegal solicitications for other things. It gets really sticky.

scootinger
08-17-2010, 12:12 AM
SoonerQueen, that could get into a lot of liability issues that OKCTalk doesn't want to deal with. Craigslist has it's hands full with issues about prostitution and illegal solicitications for other things. It gets really sticky.

What, were we going to have an OKCtalk Erotic Services section or something?

Matt
08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
It gets really sticky.

That's what she said.

Thunder
08-17-2010, 12:24 AM

I think you forgot me. :-(

SoonerQueen, I am not a female. I have many aquariums, some used for breeding. All my things is kept to myself in my own room. She only want a female. Ok. She do not want any pets. Ok, since fish are pets. $400 a month for only using my own room is pricey. I'll pass. Good luck to her on finding one!

Larry OKC
08-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Thunder, don't fell bad or excluded by Spartan (you and I are either part of the "and so on" or on the positive side, we are the kind of people one would want to room with)...LOL

BBatesokc
08-17-2010, 07:45 AM
SoonerQueen, tell your friend to be very careful and do a REAL background check - not just an OSCN. In my wife and I's PI business we are currently doing locates on two people who used to rent rooms from our clients and either stole stuff, racked up high bills, etc. We also do 'sweeps' on residences looking for hidden cameras. We've done 8 so far and found 1 hidden recording device. There are legitimate reasons people either want to rent out rooms or want to be a roommate, but there are also alot of people with really bad motives (theft, rape, hidden video, hiding from the law, etc.).

Thunder
08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
SoonerQueen, tell your friend to be very careful and do a REAL background check - not just an OSCN. In my wife and I's PI business we are currently doing locates on two people who used to rent rooms from our clients and either stole stuff, racked up high bills, etc. We also do 'sweeps' on residences looking for hidden cameras. We've done 8 so far and found 1 hidden recording device. There are legitimate reasons people either want to rent out rooms or want to be a roommate, but there are also alot of people with really bad motives (theft, rape, hidden video, hiding from the law, etc.).

This is why I was seeking a roomie only with someone that I know. Never did post an ad online...too risky.

Spartan
08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Thunder, don't fell bad or excluded by Spartan (you and I are either part of the "and so on" or on the positive side, we are the kind of people one would want to room with)...LOL

Who wouldn't want to room with Larry? You'd have access to his superior fact-checking capabilities.. for the most part I just threw ronronnie and prunepicker on the honor roll as posters we can all agree are nuts even if you usually side with Popsy/et all or Kerry and I.

ljbab728
08-17-2010, 10:20 PM
What, were we going to have an OKCtalk Erotic Services section or something?

That might fit in with development and civic issues or perhaps in the promoting your own business area. LOL