View Full Version : New Construction on Mac Arthur and I-40...

OKCNDN
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
South of I-40 this time. On the west side of the road south of the Cimarron Pottery location there is construction going on. It looks like apartments are going to be in the area.

I have always thought the area would be a good place to place housing or apartments. It has easy access to I-40 and would be fairly quiet once the workers go home after 5 pm.

Can anyone confirm that these are apartments going up in this area?

Spartan
08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I believe they are apartments, pricey ones. Beyond bizarre location for upscale apartments if you ask me. I imagine you already knew they would be apartments.

Why do I say that? Because the location is horrible. There is no residential there. Surrounded by a huge landfill, industrial, and trailer parks. And we've already had discussions on here vetting the location. I think you're pulling our leg here..lol

mburlison
08-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Mark it down... I agree w/ Spartan on this one.

okcpulse
08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Hey, look at it from this point of view... if upscale development is going on in that area, then perhaps we will begin to see the disappearance of some serious eye sores in that part of OKC. That stretch of I-40 does OKC a serious disservice. If we can't get them out, we'll build them out.

metro
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Not bizarre, I'm sure with the thousands of well paid employees at the FAA and Will Rogers Airport area, some would like to have a nice place in proximity to their work. There is another thread on this topic from a month or two ago.