View Full Version : New Construction/Speed Trap

aboatman
08-06-2010, 07:49 AM
I could not find the Speed Trap thread. There is a lane closed at 9th and N. Western Ave. There is a detour at this location. If you go around the blockade you will get a ticket. Ten were given out in a thirty minute time span. Four patrol cars in the area.
I am not sure if they ticket for going around the blockade at 31st and Western or not.

rondvu
08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
36TH and Blackwelder as well. They have had complaints from the neighbors and have been giving out tickets right and left for rolling the stop sign.

Spartan
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Your life has to be pretty sad if you're calling into the police and complaining about people not coming to a complete stop and waiting for 3 seconds at the stop sign in front of your house.

Larry OKC
08-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Not sure what the problem is here. It is a blockade right? That means "do not enter" without authorization. If you ignore the blockade you should expect to get a ticket (just as if you ignore the speed limit or stop signs).

Its like the brainiacs who ignored road closures/blockades during the recent flooding. They went around them and got into trouble (of course expecting the public safety folks to rescue them from their own stupidity).

ljbab728
08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Your life has to be pretty sad if you're calling into the police and complaining about people not coming to a complete stop and waiting for 3 seconds at the stop sign in front of your house.

Spartan, that depends. What if you've had children who were almost hit crossing that intersection? How about older or disabled citizens who move very slowly and need time to cross? It could just be busybodies but it could be people with legitimate complaints.

Spartan
08-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Here's a shocking concept............ don't walk out in front of moving cars.

Of course, if we had sidewalks..

ljbab728
08-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Here's a shocking concept............ don't walk out in front of moving cars.

Of course, if we had sidewalks..

Sidewalks would be nice but going across a street at a crosswalk doesn't necessarily require one. And while it sounds logical to not walk out in front of a moving car, for children, seniors, or those with disabilities it's not quite that simple. My 86 year old mother moves very slowly and if we had to wait until we were sure that no car might move, I might never get her across the street.

SkyWestOKC
08-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Or if more people realized pedestrians get the right of way at all crosswalks, we wouldn't have this issue. ALL crosswalks, unmarked or marked.

Spartan
08-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Or if more people realized pedestrians get the right of way at all crosswalks, we wouldn't have this issue. ALL crosswalks, unmarked or marked.

Nah. More fun to run over old grandmas...

ljbab728
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM

I know you're joking but not funny, Spartan.

Thunder
08-09-2010, 02:11 AM

Funny. Its that time of year approaching again when grandmas get run over by reindeer.

rcjunkie
08-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Funny. Its that time of year approaching again when grandmas get run over by reindeer.

?????

Thunder
08-09-2010, 09:56 AM
?????

Google search for the Christmas song.