View Full Version : Ward 5 Councilman Brian Walters enlists in U.S. Army National Guard

urbanity
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.okgazette.com/article/08-...nal_Guard.aspx (http://www.okgazette.com/article/08-04-2010/Ward_5_councilman_enlists_in_U_S_Army_National_Gua rd.aspx)

ronronnie1
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Hopefully he'll be sent overseas and never come back. *fingers crossed*

king183
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Hopefully he'll be sent overseas and never come back. *fingers crossed*

Wow. Sometimes you guys are utter dicks. Even if I don't agree with the guy, I'd never dream of saying something that ridiculous. I guess it's just a sad display of the state of American debate these days.

ronronnie1
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow. Sometimes you guys are utter dicks. Even if I don't agree with the guy, I'd never dream of saying something that ridiculous. I guess it's just a sad display of the state of American debate these days.

Did you read the little article included in the original post? This guy was against issuing a permit to the Gay Pride Parade people because he "disagreed with their 'lifestyle.'"

So I say, eff him. I repeat. I hope he goes overseas and doesn't come back. In other words I hope he chokes on a bullet.

I fail to see the downside when someone I dislike disappears forever. Especially someone in a place of power that affects others' lives.

Now run along sweetheart.

Midtowner
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Right out of the Kevin Calvey play book.

--this probably should be in politics.

jbrown84
08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
He's crazy if he thinks he's going to get elected to a higher office. He's pissed off way to many people.

MikeOKC
08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Did you read the little article included in the original post? This guy was against issuing a permit to the Gay Pride Parade people because he "disagreed with their 'lifestyle.'"

So I say, eff him. I repeat. I hope he goes overseas and doesn't come back. In other words I hope he chokes on a bullet.

I fail to see the downside when someone I dislike disappears forever. Especially someone in a place of power that affects others' lives.

Now run along sweetheart.

I've read a lot of posts on OKCTalk. I've never read one so pathologically chilling as yours. What if everyone - on both sides of every debate - felt the way you did?

I'm sorry, Ronnie, but if you mean what you wrote (and I mean this sincerely - not snarky) you need to seek help for a pathological anger that makes you want to see your enemies dead; and write about it on a public forum to boot!

I'm not a Brian Walters fan, but that post is damn scary.

ronronnie1
08-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I've read a lot of posts on OKCTalk. I've never read one so pathologically chilling as yours. What if everyone - on both sides of every debate - felt the way you did?

I'm sorry, Ronnie, but if you mean what you wrote (and I mean this sincerely - not snarky) you need to seek help for a pathological anger that makes you want to see your enemies dead; and write about it on a public forum to boot!

Thanks for the concern, sweets, but I'll pass. The thing is is that EVERYONE wants blood when it comes to our enemies. I am no different from the next. Brian Walters is an ugly person inside and out - and I hope he chokes on a bullet. You can vote for him or pray for him or whatever your kind does. I hold my ground. He can go to hell. Now ciao!

Architect2010
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I also hopes he never comes back, but in the form of being relocated to another city or something. He is beyond ignorant and I dislike him very much so.

plmccordj
08-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow! I am pretty excited about moving into his district just to piss off you left wing whackos.

MikeOKC
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the concern, sweets, but I'll pass. The thing is is that EVERYONE wants blood when it comes to our enemies. I am no different from the next. Brian Walters is an ugly person inside and out - and I hope he chokes on a bullet. You can vote for him or pray for him or whatever your kind does. I hold my ground. He can go to hell. Now ciao!

What's with the "sweets?" Ugh.

Ronnie, What if Jim Roth (a gay man) signed up for the U.S. Army Reserves and someone here posted that they hope he ends up "choking on a bullet" and arguing that "everyone wants their enemies dead." Would you still take the same position? 99.9% of the people on this forum don't wish death on people they disagree with. You seem to feel it's a "normal thing."

Seriously, that thinking is not normal, Ron. It's just not. If you really think that it is, I stand by what I said in my previous post about seriously getting some help.

Oh, you wrote, "....or whatever your kind does." But you think only Walters-type folks are hateful?

Matt
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Let's get real. Thanks to Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Jim Roth will never even get the chance to choke on a bullet, or anything else for that matter, in the Army Reserves.

SkyWestOKC
08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Ronronnie, he is an American and that is all that counts. He is not our enemy, he is our friend. You are allowed to have friends that disagree. He may not be a personal friend, but if he is a friend of this land, he is a friend of mine. Regardless of his political views.

ronronnie1
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Ronronnie, he is an American and that is all that counts. He is not our enemy, he is our friend. You are allowed to have friends that disagree. He may not be a personal friend, but if he is a friend of this land, he is a friend of mine. Regardless of his political views.

Look, I don't even know the guy. I only know of what I read in the first post. He (this ward 5 guy) voted against a permit for gays because he hates gays (sugar coat it all you want, it's still hate.) That is all I need to know about him. Anyone who hates on someone else for something they have no control over - whether they hate on people for being gay, black, ethnic Jew, female, whatever is an enemy of moi. I don't care who is American, British, Iraqi, Canadian, whatever. Country of origin means nothing. Don't forget, Ted Bundy, the Columbine boys, and Timmy McVeigh were all Americans too.

SkyWestOKC
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
They were Americans who killed other Americans. They deserve to die, not because of their hate, but because of their inability to say, "OK. I don't agree with them (or like them, etc.), but that is their opinion." Instead, they converted their hate to actions, which resulted in death.

In fact, you wishing death on him, in my opinion, puts you in the same boat as McVeigh. You do not seem capable to allowing someone who disagrees with you to live. Just like them.

mugofbeer
08-04-2010, 09:51 PM
You all just need to accept that RR IS pathalogical - period. No one on here. NO ONE is more hateful and full of vile than that fraud.

king183
08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
in fact, you wishing death on him, in my opinion, puts you in the same boat as mcveigh. You do not seem capable to allowing someone who disagrees with you to live. Just like them.

bingo!

Doug Loudenback
08-05-2010, 12:12 AM

Agree completely. I'm no Walters fan either but the comment you referenced was so very waaay out of line ... pathologically chilling was a good description. As much as I dislike Sally Kern, I have no wish for her to be killed in Iraq or anywhere else. Do I wish that she have an epiphany and see the world (at least those in Oklahoma) differently. Sure. But I wish her no bodily harm if she does not.

Mikemarsh51
08-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Brian Walters is a Godly man who has done so much to help his fellow man. I consider him a friend and am proud of his enlistment. If you can look in the mirror and be proud of what you say, power to ya!

MsProudSooner
08-05-2010, 08:04 AM

Attitudes like yours and attitudes like Sally Kern's are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politics in America today. Radical Right and Radical Left are equally wacko.

Richard at Remax
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I have a few gay friends and they know I disagree with thier lifestyle and it's not even an issue. hell they are all about the going green movement and I get grief because I work in the oil and gas industry. I just don't understand how some poeple are so passionate that thier way of thinking is the right way that they crucify anyone who isn't on thier side. Would I take a bullet for my friends, yes. do I agree with thier lifestyle, no. get over it, everyone thinks differently.

kevinpate
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Attitudes like yours and attitudes like Sally Kern's are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politics in America today. Radical Right and Radical Left are equally wacko.

Equality, at last, equality at last, thank Lawd and Greyhounds, we have equality at last.

urbanity
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Read the councilman's letter to Mayor Mick Cornett posted at the story link, or click here: http://www.okgazette.com/Files/20100805164813662.pdf

lonestarstatesux
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
"The thing is is that EVERYONE wants blood when it comes to our enemies. I am no different from the next."

You need to take a day off from work and read the lives of a few saints. Start with Polycarp and more on to more contemporary examples, such as the non-violent civil rights movement with MLK.

soonerfan_in_okc
08-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Look, I don't even know the guy. I only know of what I read in the first post. He (this ward 5 guy) voted against a permit for gays because he hates gays (sugar coat it all you want, it's still hate.) That is all I need to know about him. Anyone who hates on someone else for something they have no control over - whether they hate on people for being gay, black, ethnic Jew, female, whatever is an enemy of moi. I don't care who is American, British, Iraqi, Canadian, whatever. Country of origin means nothing. Don't forget, Ted Bundy, the Columbine boys, and Timmy McVeigh were all Americans too.

You hate the man who hates gays (sugar coat it all you wan't, when you wan't someone to choke on a bullet it is still hate). So what makes you any different than him. Using your logic, do you deserve the same the same fate that you wish on him?

And do not ignore my post. I notice that you ignored MikeOKC's last post, which I assume is because he brought up some points that you have no way to disprove.

lump9816
08-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I thought he abstained from voting on the issue? That's not voting against it.

flintysooner
08-07-2010, 08:29 AM
And do not ignore my post.Seems as though the user status is "banned."

OKCisOK4me
08-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Where'd ol RonRonnie go? This thread needs to be changed to having his name in it, lol. Looks like somebody got the boot to butt! You are a sad sad human RR, spitting remarks like that.

soonerfan_in_okc
08-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Seems as though the user status is "banned."

haha, well maybe that is why he is not responding.

Kerry
08-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Umm, RonRonnie is a militant gay Muslim (no joking). Now that you know that you can understand why ronronnie1 wants him dead.

skyrick
08-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Umm, RonRonnie is a militant gay Muslim (no joking). Now that you know that you can understand why ronronnie1 wants him dead.

ronronnie1 is a deeply disturbed individual. How disturbed, I never realized until this thread. Up to now I just thought he was a juvenille flamer (no pun intended).

oneforone
08-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I respect the idea that some people are passionate about their politics. However, when it gets to the point you wish ill will on other's it's time to step away and take a breather.

One of the great things about this country is that everybody has the right to their own beliefs. If you cannot stomach the concept that other belief's will somestimes be the polar opposite of your's you should stay away from political discussion or at least avoid discussing politics until you know all the players in the conversation share your point of view.

Politcal debate can be very entertaining and productive however, when it becomes vile somebody has be the bigger person and change the topic or just walk away. Unfortunately, we have a couple generations of folks out there who have mistakenly been taught to fight every battle that faces them like it's the battle for their life. The old logic of picking your battles has been thrown out. If you fight every battle that faces you in life, you have little or no resources to fight the big battles.

Ronronnie comes to me as someone who has insisted on fighting everything that bothers him. At some point in life everyone has to relax and take the things they find offensive like a duck to water. Life is is too short to walk around angry, sad or frustrated all the time.

Spartan
08-08-2010, 04:20 AM
This thread. Wow.

Spartan
08-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Why was ronronnie banned? I'm going to miss his wackadoo rantings. In a way, it's extremely ironic that he was killed on this forum by someone who disagreed with him suggesting someone that disagrees with him goes and dies in Afghanistan...

What's especially hilarious is that I can still imagine much better ways to convey your dislike of Walters and roll your eyes at his latest political stunt than wishing him dead. I myself was staying clear of this thread because Walters annoys me personally as much as anyone else, I had no idea that the mightyawesomeness of the ban hammer came out in this thread.

http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/749/banhammer.jpg

Brian Walters is a Godly man who has done so much to help his fellow man. I consider him a friend and am proud of his enlistment. If you can look in the mirror and be proud of what you say, power to ya!

LOL. Just don't look in the mirror too much I guess..

Hey, Mikemarsh, you should let Walters pose for a reelection pic in front of your police squad car, he'd really like that. Maybe some of his Godliness will rub off on you, too. Just be sure to get a pic of him in hand cuffs for my wishful thinking collection.. (and that's how you convey dislike without wishing someone dead)

rcjunkie
08-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Spartan, you are cluesless my friend, mikemarsh is a fireman, and FYI, firemen don't carry handcuffs.

ljbab728
08-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Spartan, you are cluesless my friend, mikemarsh is a fireman, and FYI, firemen don't carry handcuffs.

Maybe just the kinky ones, rcjunkie.

kevinpate
08-09-2010, 08:06 AM
from enlistment to bullets to cuffs. When folks around here derail a thread, I suspect AmTrak gets sort of nervous.

earlywinegareth
08-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree with the poster on the Gazette article...Walters certainly isn't carrying out the responsibilities which he swore to do. He's a slimeball.

Spartan
08-09-2010, 01:09 PM

Then change patrol car to fire engine. Or maybe mikemarsh could swing Walters a photo op swinging down the pole (if you could find an OKC Fire Dept station that still has a pole).

I just know that mikemarsh gets a huge hardon for increased public safety funding, so I assumed he was a cop..if he's a firefighter, then I have a lot more respect for him, but still have to roll my eyes each time I see him asking for more funding and then talking about what a righteous man Walters is..

rcjunkie
08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Then change patrol car to fire engine. Or maybe mikemarsh could swing Walters a photo op swinging down the pole (if you could find an OKC Fire Dept station that still has a pole).

I just know that mikemarsh gets a huge hardon for increased public safety funding, so I assumed he was a cop..if he's a firefighter, then I have a lot more respect for him, but still have to roll my eyes each time I see him asking for more funding and then talking about what a righteous man Walters is..

There you go again, so clueless, FYI, the fire department is included in PUBLIC SAFETY. While I disagree with Mr. Walters on most issues, I do support his right to oppose an issue and vote accordingly.

Spartan
08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Can you please say where I said FD is not included in public safety. You're coming across as a belligerent baboon, honestly, and you're not one of the posters that that's expected of. What I said was all you ever hear mikemarsh talk about is more public safety funding--ergo, I jumped to the conclusion he was with the police dept, who is by far the most vocal in bitching and moaning for more $$.

I agree with you on disagreeing with Walters but that he has the right to make an ignorant spectacle of himself. The question in all these things is not whether Walters wants the gays to have their festival, but whether the gays can have their festival, which is always a yes in spire of Walters and his games. However I also have a right to be vocal in my disagreement with the idiot whom represents the ward I grew up in. I don't think anyone in lambasting Walters is saying he has no right to say what he says, but that he is wrong.

Freedom of speech, it goes both ways, and it allows people to say the most idiotic things ever, and then it turns the heat up on 'em.

jbrown84
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
For some reason, I always thought RonRonnie was a girl.

SkyWestOKC
08-11-2010, 12:59 AM
jbrown, me too....maybe it's a bit of both?

Spartan
08-11-2010, 01:50 AM
I also assumed ronronnie was a she. In part because of the female avatar, and in part because I just assumed no one would actually be named Ronnie in real life..

Spartan
08-11-2010, 02:00 AM
I have a few gay friends and they know I disagree with thier lifestyle and it's not even an issue. hell they are all about the going green movement and I get grief because I work in the oil and gas industry. I just don't understand how some poeple are so passionate that thier way of thinking is the right way that they crucify anyone who isn't on thier side. Would I take a bullet for my friends, yes. do I agree with thier lifestyle, no. get over it, everyone thinks differently.

I think "agree with their lifestyle" is just a bad phrase to use. It's so cliche to say that it should be outlawed anyway and people should be forced to say something more substantive that better describes how they feel. I think what you mean to say is that you wouldn't pick the lifestyle for yourself, and that's that--beyond that, you are accepting of it if that's the lifestyle others should choose.

"Agree with their lifestyle" implies that they need your approval, even wish for your approval, and if they don't get it, you're going to do everything you can to make them change and become normal and until then you're going to treat them as sub-humans because you don't "agree" with the life they're living..

Read the councilman's letter to Mayor Mick Cornett posted at the story link, or click here: http://www.okgazette.com/Files/20100805164813662.pdf

Is anyone buying that he wanted confidentiality?

Matt
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I also assumed ronronnie was a she. In part because of the female avatar, and in part because I just assumed no one would actually be named Ronnie in real life..

I believe this man would like to have a word with you:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3889/ronniebh.jpg

Larry OKC
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Spartan,

Asking for confidentiality is probably the quickest way to assure the opposite will happen so I can't say one way or the other (sort of like when Steve said a certain thread should die and that lead to a new round of activity in it).

That said, given the comments from a certain person in this thread, I think his concerns about his family's safety while he is gone may have some basis in reality.

Larry OKC
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Ronnie seems to go with either gender ... would be much more apprehensive if this man, Ronnie Coleman, wanted to have a word with me...LOL

Sorry, don't know how to get a pic in, heres the link: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.free-self-hypnosis.org/bodybuilding-ronnie-coleman.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.free-self-hypnosis.org/bodybuilder-coleman.htm&usg=__wInTn_rY3UcGELjCyT0Bdlzcqto=&h=410&w=419&sz=29&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=YA3NPhchOzaAJM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=125&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRonnie%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3D mozilla%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:unofficial%26tbs%3Disch:1

Ronald Coleman (born May 13, 1964 in Louisiana) is a retired American professional bodybuilder who shares the record of eight straight wins in Mr. Olympia. He is known mainly as "Ronnie Coleman", and he won the Mr. Olympia contest from 1998 to 2005.

kevinpate
08-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Spartan,

Asking for confidentiality is probably the quickest way to assure the opposite will happen so I can't say one way or the other (sort of like when Steve said a certain thread should die and that lead to a new round of activity in it).

That said, given the comments from a certain person in this thread, I think his concerns about his family's safety while he is gone may have some basis in reality.

Completely unrelated to the councilperson's views and votes, but, he dinna really think that request through in my opinion.
If you're a public figure and you make an elective decision, noble or otherwise, to set aside the duties you are elected to perform and disappear for over two months, it's not likely that will go unnoticed.
If you're a public servant and not just a public figure, it is even less likely you'll stay under the radar.
If you're a public servant who tends to go against the grain of your fellow public servants, sometimes rather loudly, it's all but impossible for your absence to be a confidential matter.

I'm not knocking his reasons. I just don't think there was 1 chance in 10 his requests could be met.

Mikemarsh51
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Spartan, 2 things. I never said anything about Brian Walters being rightous. I said Godly. Secondly, I absolutley have spoken out about PS funding. The funny thing is I went down Telephone road to Norman the other night. I passed an almost complete new fire station in Moore and another well under way in Norman. How can that be? They dont have everything we have in OKC. How dare them.

Spartan
08-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Spartan, 2 things. I never said anything about Brian Walters being rightous. I said Godly. Secondly, I absolutley have spoken out about PS funding. The funny thing is I went down Telephone road to Norman the other night. I passed an almost complete new fire station in Moore and another well under way in Norman. How can that be? They dont have everything we have in OKC. How dare them.

Well, Moore thought it would be a good idea to pass a bond issue to build all new fire stations and a new police station downtown. They have more revenues than they know what to do with right now and they don't really have any pressing needs, honestly. They're a suburb of about 60,000 people right now, and don't bear the responsibilities to their citizenry that a major city of 560,000 with crippling needs like OKC does. That's why it sucks when people go spend their tax dollars in Moore instead of OKC.

P.S. Your response was way more polite than mine, and shows you to be a class act so far in this thread. Keep it up, sir. :)

jbrown84
08-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmm. Seems I passed a fire station under construction in Bricktown, actually...

Mikemarsh51
08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Minor correction Spartan, Moore's PS funding was a temporary sales tax. jbrown 84 you sure did, it was financed by a 2000 G.O. bond issue. Does anyone see a difference in priorites?

Spartan
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Minor correction Spartan, Moore's PS funding was a temporary sales tax. jbrown 84 you sure did, it was financed by a 2000 G.O. bond issue. Does anyone see a difference in priorites?

Definitely. OKC is trying as hard as it can to compete against the urban sprawl fest and ankle biting suburbs and keep growing, stay competitive, and do that by acting more like a major city and building such a city. Moore is leeching off of OKC's momentum and the greater Central Oklahoma area's economic activity and seems to be popular at this point in time, although definitely does not seem positioned well for the next 100 years. There's nothing but parking lots there.

OKC is ensuring that it will be able to support a fire dept 100 years from now through normal collections. And by the way, the Moore public safety sales tax is temporary as you alluded to. OKC is one of the only cities in the nation with a permanent, dedicated public safety sales tax. So you can't say that Moore has something we don't have, because actually it's the other way around. Don't forget that we haven't all of a sudden gotten amnesia since we were debating the tax breakdown during the MAPS 3 debates..