View Full Version : Another fine locally owned coffee shop breaks ground in South OKC.

BBatesokc
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9383/bottomsup.jpg

Easy180
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Classy comes to mind but at least they ain't beating around the bush

BBatesokc
08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Sorry, but I'm not drinking anything brown from a place called "Bottoms Up."

USG'60
08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Where is it located, Brian?

Easy180
08-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Must be a franchise as there is also another location going in next to Cool Greens in Nichols Hills

Spartan
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM

Next to that street sign in the picture..LOL

BBatesokc
08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I know you've all been anxiously awaiting their grand opening ~ well its here! Not so much a coffee shop - despite the coffee shop(ish) logo - instead their menu consists of beer, cigs, and snacks.

Also, apparently they've raised the floor so that the female employees rear ends are at eye level to the patrons who drive up. And, naturally the uniform consists of shorts or a skirt. Can you say "Classy." At least now the girls in the area who drop out of school have a new career option.

USG'60
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Next to that street sign in the picture..LOL
Smarty britches. :doh:

BBatesokc
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
KFOR's Ali Meyer-Foster is doing a little piece on this place tonight at 10pm.

SoonerDave
08-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately, I fear this is a direct consequence of some feature I saw on one of the food channels (not sure) about an all-girl, drive-up coffee shop and their standard, ahem, uniform was string bikinis, ultra-short-shorts and halter tops, along with other variations on the theme.

Not to pick nits with the OP, but I would point out that since "SW OKC" runs all the way to SW 149th (and further in some spots), and that this "establishment" is opening up at SW 29th and Klein, to broadly say "Its opening in South OKC" is a bit too broad a geographic brush...

BBatesokc
08-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately, I fear this is a direct consequence of some feature I saw on one of the food channels (not sure) about an all-girl, drive-up coffee shop and their standard, ahem, uniform was string bikinis, ultra-short-shorts and halter tops, along with other variations on the theme.

Not to pick nits with the OP, but I would point out that since "SW OKC" runs all the way to SW 149th (and further in some spots), and that this "establishment" is opening up at SW 29th and Klein, to broadly say "Its opening in South OKC" is a bit too broad a geographic brush...

These are nothing new. They've been in other states for several years. Several were featured when the female employees were arrested under broad prostitution statutes (same statutes we have in Oklahoma). I remember a topless donut shop in California in the early 90's.

I've got to just roll my eyes at the geographic location comment ~ it's clearly in South OKC so there is absolutely nothing wrong with with the headline. I'll try and geo-tag posts in the future if the general concept of "South OKC" is too confusing and broad.

SoonerDave
08-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I've got to just roll my eyes at the geographic location comment ~ it's clearly in South OKC so there is absolutely nothing wrong with with the headline. I'll try and geo-tag posts in the future if the general concept of "South OKC" is too confusing and broad.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or helpful, but I'll be optimistic and assume the latter. My point in making the reference is that I live in "south OKC," but this crass little joint is literally miles away from me. It may literally be "South OKC," but that term has different (and often negative) connotations in the mind of many, and the fact that this place is going up at a "south OKC" address doesn't alter a thing about the crassness of the place.

FRISKY
08-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or helpful, but I'll be optimistic and assume the latter. My point in making the reference is that I live in "south OKC," but this crass little joint is literally miles away from me. It may literally be "South OKC," but that term has different (and often negative) connotations in the mind of many, and the fact that this place is going up at a "south OKC" address doesn't alter a thing about the crassness of the place.Ha-ha!
"Don't Edmond my South Side OKC!"

Bigrayok
08-21-2010, 11:36 PM
This place reminds me of beer stores they have in Dallas. They have girls in bikinis stand in front of the building. At night they shine bright lights that look like lights that would be used on a movie set. Once I saw a whole cheerleading squad in front of one of the places.

Bigray in OK

BBatesokc
08-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Here's the story as told on KFOR..... http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-bottoms-up-store-story,0,1666524.story

Bigrayok
08-27-2010, 07:52 PM
I drove by this place today at 1:45 p.m. today and it looked closed.

Bigray in Ok

Lauri101
08-31-2010, 02:24 AM
(snip)I remember a topless donut shop in California in the early 90's.

This made me laugh out loud - if a server had the right anatomy, she could carry two cups of coffee and two donuts at same time!

BBatesokc
09-07-2010, 08:22 AM
I drove by this place today at 1:45 p.m. today and it looked closed.

Bigray in Ok

Looks like 'Bottoms Up' was more than a business name, it was also foreshadowing! Apparently while city code inspectors found nothing wrong with their business, licensing enforcement did and shut them down.

Bigrayok
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I think it is open again.

Bigray in Ok